• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

Awwww, nobody is giving me advice of where to go from here. :<

Wow, they really are making a sequel to Shandra Manaya.

Apparently she got some item she wanted, and instead of destroying the dream, the border between the dream and outside the dream has become.. um... loose? And people are exploring outside the dream now? That's pretty exciting!

It kind of reminds me of Yukari and the border of Gensokyo.

NeOak

Awwww, nobody is giving me advice of where to go from here. :<

Wow, they really are making a sequel to Shandra Manaya.

Apparently she got some item she wanted, and instead of destroying the dream, the border between the dream and outside the dream has become.. um... loose? And people are exploring outside the dream now? That's pretty exciting!

It kind of reminds me of Yukari and the border of Gensokyo.

Makes sense. They kept
Kelsaik
going for a long time.

As to where to go, check the Velika docks close to the FTC hall lol

At the moment I'm talking to My Neighbor Todoro. Working with Noctenium.

I'm... I'm guessing that the new gear that I need to upgrade to from my Regent ones will have something to do with Noctenium?

Then apply to the guild! :3

If you have a level 40, you can roll a Reaper.

The most roleplaying we do in TR is "being" an Elin for fun. Like, fluffy tails and stuff as a joke. I think some do Roleplay here though, but i'm not sure who they are.

How do you apply? I have no clue how the guild system works. My Zerker is Revy.Razgriz if that helps

Merun

At the moment I'm talking to My Neighbor Todoro. Working with Noctenium.

I'm... I'm guessing that the new gear that I need to upgrade to from my Regent ones will have something to do with Noctenium?

Noctenium is for Alliance stuff which is now outdated because of the extension. As Neoak suggest, you should check outside of Velika. There is a red quest north of it which is the beginning to the new continent. These story quests give gear superior to Regent and easily enchantable to +9 :(. ( Yes I'm sad because I have to put down my red shiny Queen's Heart with double attack speed )

Press G (GUILD) on keyboard and search for BELIEVE and hit the join/apply button.

Got it thanks, applied :)

Edit: so I checked my levelup character on another server, didnt realize they gifted me with 1000g, wish i could bring that over, that and archer pew pew is kinda neat...shit my ALTitus is acting up early...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Having a lot a fun with the changes they've made since I've last played. I remember before feeling like it took ages to get out of the starting area, but from yesterday's playthrough I was there for maybe an hour and half or so? Crazy. Definitely feel like I'm in this for the long haul (considering how Blade&Soul probably won't get here till 2016 at the earliest). Sent an app to the guild, hoping I can play and learn from you guys soon.

Wow, this new quest really is giving me better things. I've barely done anything... and I already have gear that's better than my masterwork Regent equipment... except for maybe some enchants I guess.

One of the things I'm curious about is what are the best new equipment. Like, it used to be Visionmaker. It was called Acuity's Axe. And Regent was second best. Since nobody told me... I decided to try to looking. Tera today is kind of buggy. But it looks like the best new Berserker weapon is called "Fearmonger". And just like Visionmaker, it takes Shandra Quills to craft.

Is fearmonger the best new axe? If that's true I guess all the new best equipment is called "Archetype" rather than Visionmaker. And is in quests in the new Fate of Arun expansion thing.

All right, my new goal is to get all Archetype equipment, then. If it's the new Visionmaker, that is.

NeOak

Wow, this new quest really is giving me better things. I've barely done anything... and I already have gear that's better than my masterwork Regent equipment... except for maybe some enchants I guess.

One of the things I'm curious about is what are the best new equipment. Like, it used to be Visionmaker. It was called Acuity's Axe. And Regent was second best. Since nobody told me... I decided to try to looking. Tera today is kind of buggy. But it looks like the best new Berserker weapon is called "Fearmonger". And just like Visionmaker, it takes Shandra Quills to craft.

Is fearmonger the best new axe? If that's true I guess all the new best equipment is called "Archetype" rather than Visionmaker. And is in quests in the new Fate of Arun expansion thing.

All right, my new goal is to get all Archetype equipment, then. If it's the new Visionmaker, that is.

http://forum.teratoday.com/topic/526-level-65-pve-gear-progression-revised/

And i'm streaming stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/neoak/

Corgi

Banned
wacking stuff just feels good in this. can't wait until i can get into dungeons... but i'm not entirely sure how tanking works in this lol.

I see there are some taunt skills, but i'm not entirely sure how one keeps aggro. Will i be blocking all the time or run in circles while a train of baddies chase me while party folks snipe?

NeOak

wacking stuff just feels good in this. can't wait until i can get into dungeons... but i'm not entirely sure how tanking works in this lol.

I see there are some taunt skills, but i'm not entirely sure how one keeps aggro. Will i be blocking all the time or run in circles while a train of baddies chase me while party folks snipe?

You attack. Your class draws more aggro and you can use crystals to increase that aggro.

cilonen

Well it'll be a full new download for me. I get the unzip manifest error, which I kinda 'fixed' into an unable to download manifest error.

I've just nuked the install folder and will go from scratch.

See you all in 3 or 4 days :)

My old alts were still in the old guild, the don't need to be if there are space issues! I'll reapply with Asta when I get in.

Looking forward to this. I'm going to have to re-learn how to play.

Merun

Looking forward to this. I'm going to have to re-learn how to play.

Yay Asta is back! Don't worry, relearning can be fast. However I have lost all reaction against bosses. I need to do the level 64 dungeon, but well, never been fan of pugging for first time dungeon.

cilonen

Yay Asta is back! Don't worry, relearning can be fast. However I have lost all reaction against bosses. I need to do the level 64 dungeon, but well, never been fan of pugging for first time dungeon.

Yay! This might actually ease me out of my Destiny addiction too... and Fantasy Life.... :)

How long is the journey to 64? If it's fairly do-able in a week or so I'm up,for running that dungeon with you!

Merun

Yay! This might actually ease me out of my Destiny addiction too... and Fantasy Life.... :)

How long is the journey to 64? If it's fairly do-able in a week or so I'm up,for running that dungeon with you!

My Destiny addiction decreased after reaching lvl 28 and not doing the raid ( and other problems outside of the game ). I have a freaking season pass waiting...

Lvl 64 is fast to get, like 6 hours with elite boost. There is a code for 3 free days of elite. They give you exp by millions nowadays lol.

PsionBolt

Are any other GAFers just starting out? I've only just gotten started (I think I'm level 14ish), but I wouldn't mind a comrade to hang out with. Plowing through the main quest chain is decently fun even alone, but it never hurts to have a party.

Are any other GAFers just starting out? I've only just gotten started (I think I'm level 14ish), but I wouldn't mind a comrade to hang out with. Plowing through the main quest chain is decently fun even alone, but it never hurts to have a party.

Yeah I'm lvl 14 too. Add me Revi.Razgriz

PsionBolt

Nice partying with ya today, sorry we couldn't seem to get any cloth to drop :/

Man seeing how other classes play, makes me want to make a bunch of alts, they all seem fun

I know, right? Those moments when 17 baddies pop right on top of you really make me want to try a melee class some day...

Syril

How does Steam handle MMOs like this? I'd be interested in trying it out, but if Steam updates MMOs automatically, I can wait for it to show back up on it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Getting my SSD on Monday. Looks like I'll be reinstalling from scratch, haha.

Also DEFINITELY buying the adorable Elin Christ.as outfit.

Uthred

Still trying to get past the dreaded manifest/patching error, currently replacing files one by one when they error using a dropbox folder someone uploaded of the game and the command line window from the launcher, pain in the arse when I just want to get in and play

Still trying to get past the dreaded manifest/patching error, currently replacing files one by one when they error using a dropbox folder someone uploaded of the game and the command line window from the launcher, pain in the arse when I just want to get in and play

does running in admin help or no?

NeOak

I've just nuked the install folder and will go from scratch.

Please tell me you moved the screenshots first.

Added as friend! I'm Rho.Alvein.

Interested in joining the guild?

How does Steam handle MMOs like this? I'd be interested in trying it out, but if Steam updates MMOs automatically, I can wait for it to show back up on it.

In this case, Steam may not handle the updates. The launcher does that. I think it is like Warframe.

If you get the stand alone game now, you can later user the Steam version with the same account. What it changes is that the steam wallet has to be used inside the game for getting cash shop stuff apparently.

The armors in TERA are still the craziest I have seen in any game, besides Blade & Soul. That game really takes boobs, thighs and butts to a whole other level.

BlXYIMp.jpg

S5V5606.jpg

4bJ2Znb.jpg

And of course, TERA must be played with K-Pop. Otherwise it doesn't feel authentic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diFVqPVMrsU

Syril

The armors in TERA are still the craziest I have seen in any game, besides Blade & Soul. That game really takes boobs, thighs and butts to a whole other level.
Boobs, thighs, and butts? Open season, go nuts. Arms and legs? Cover that shit up, families play this gane.

cilonen

Please tell me you moved the screenshots first.

Yep :)

I'm going to look through them later, from the thumbnails it doesn't look like I had too much fun stuff. Quite a few screenshots of PvP results.

I do have video of a guild Nexus, both the crazy open world bit and the traverse after.

Edit: holy crap watching this is freaky. I used to be able to play this game??

Best combat in an MMO, too bad the whole game (from what I saw as much as I played) was just kill X number of Y or collect X number of Y (by killing X for them to drop).

If we could combine a good sandbox structure with good real time action combat, we'd have the true next great MMO.

Yep. I was so fucking hyped for this game but it turned out so bland despite the AMAZING combat, graphics, and art direction in general.

It does give me hope for the next wave of MMOs, though. They were so close to something that would force everyone to step up their game.

Corgi

Banned
Yep. I was so fucking hyped for this game but it turned out so bland despite the AMAZING combat, graphics, and art direction in general.

It does give me hope for the next wave of MMOs, though. They were so close to something that would force everyone to step up their game.
well the hot new mmo of now is FF14RR which is traditional WoW with a slower gcd.

hope another action mmo becomes the thing.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Currently lvl 20 and having a blast. I forgot, what lvl do you need to be to queue for the first dungeon?

Puru

I like my Elin Lancer but then i tried to make an male Aman Priest and god do they look good.
I'll probably switch it to zerker and use it as a potential alt.

So I got my friend to give Tera a try. In the first 2 hours of playing he gets a "Care and Use of Your Pet Felicity" Manual.....Now hes deciding if he should sell or keep it (I'm not sure he has enough for the listing fee...)

Top Bottom