• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria (PS3/360) |OT| Who needs a mouse anyway?

Unrelated, but I'm at a Tinkerer's Workshop and have both the Rocket Boots and Hermes Boots, but not seeing the option to make Spectre boots anywhere. Trying the toggle available items on/off trick to see if it's bugged but still nothing. Can someone confirm if that's correct, or at least tell me what tab it should be under?

Edit 2: Oooh fun, just got my first single-player crash to dashboard; was hitting X in the crafting screen to toggle available items on/off to re-check for the Spectre boots and it crashed me to dashboard.

I had the same problem. Make sure both items are unequipped and then try toggling show all. I think the tinkerers workshop is kinda wonky though, hopefully we get a patch soon.

What is there to do with coins, I am rarely spending them.

Build a house and then furnish it. Wait a while, a traveler will appear in your world and inhabit that building.

You can then trade with that citizen of your newly created village.

Very useful stuff goes on sale.

Retro

What is there to do with coins, I am rarely spending them.

Piggy Bank / Safe ( 1/50 gold, respectively), from the Merchant is a good sink. Lots of the NPCs sell overpriced stuff too, not all of it essential, but some is useful.

The real gold sink is getting weapons reforged at the tinker, later in the game. Trying to get the best stats on your stuff can get pricy.

Philia

The real gold sink is getting weapons reforged at the tinker, later in the game. Trying to get the best stats on your stuff can get pricy.

This. I lost a single platinum coin just to get Legendary or Godly on my hamaxe. How... infuriating but awesome lol. I don't even want to know what's its like in the later tier stuff will go for. -.-'

I also want to vent my major frustration on here if I may.

Wall of Flesh errors is giving me god damn issues every time.

First Attempt, nope, can't be done in the sky. Derp.
Second Attempt, got licked.
Third Attempt, can't do it again because horrified buff is still there. :\
Fourth Attempt, got licked.
Fifth Attempt, got licked.

What the fucking hell is this? Is it supposed to always spawn on the right side of the screen and go to left or am I completely misreading things? To add my frustration, I spent a lot of time making that long ass bridge for this battle. Fighting fall damage/lava/pestering god damn firebats.

balddemon

Banned
This. I lost a single platinum coin just to get Legendary or Godly on my hamaxe. How... infuriating but awesome lol. I don't even want to know what's its like in the later tier stuff will go for. -.-'

I also want to vent my major frustration on here if I may.

Wall of Flesh errors is giving me god damn issues every time.

First Attempt, nope, can't be done in the sky. Derp.
Second Attempt, got licked.
Third Attempt, can't do it again because horrified buff is still there. :\
Fourth Attempt, got licked.
Fifth Attempt, got licked.

What the fucking hell is this? Does it always spawn on the right side of the screen and go to left or am I completely misreading things?

yes. build a ledge above the lava so you can just run backwards and jump over buildings or whatever firing your best ranged weapon/magic spell. I used the demon scythes to kill it relatively easily.

and wait til you start reforging hard mode stuff. costs like 50 gold a forge iirc.

Philia

yes. build a ledge above the lava so you can just run backwards and jump over buildings or whatever firing your best ranged weapon/magic spell. I used the demon scythes to kill it relatively easily.

and wait til you start reforging hard mode stuff. costs like 50 gold a forge iirc.

Well thanks for confirming it for me. That's what I'm doing, casting the doll somewhat close to the far east but I keep getting licked for some reason. Am I too CLOSE to the edge of the map or something?

Oh you edited.

Philia

Well, you're the only one but I'll try that. I just happen to see a LOT of youtube vids with WOF spawning on the right. I should just do it in the center of the darn map then. I'll finish that darn bridge off.

clockpunk

Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnnn... somehow my save has lost an entire meteor worth of bars!!! :-/ Had been planning all day on what weapons to forge, but... it has all just disappeared. So very ticked off about this.

Philia

FINALLY beat that mofo. Urgh. I died 4 times but I managed to get back down there real fast to keep it up before he /marquee out of the map completely. But yeah I fought him from the left to the right.

Just a word of advice, you'll be fighting those demon/bat/slime idiots pestering you the whole way too.

Blu10

Can anyone give me some pointers on the destroyer. I have a full set of adamantium armor, and go in fully buffed, but I can't seem to finish him before time runs out...and dying 30 times.

VandalD

Can anyone give me some pointers on the destroyer. I have a full set of adamantium armor, and go in fully buffed, but I can't seem to finish him before time runs out...and dying 30 times.
You could do what I did and
build an arena to fight him in. His lasers don't go through walls, and weapons that pierce and hit multiple segments of him absolutely wreck him. Doing this makes him the easiest hardmode boss by far, IMO.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
build an arena to fight him in. His lasers don't go through walls, and weapons that pierce and hit multiple segments of him absolutely wreck him. Doing this makes him the easiest hardmode boss by far, IMO.

You know, it's kinda funny.
Everyone says Destroyer is the easiest hardmode boss, but when I go back and count how many tries it took me to beat each one, Destroyer took me four tries, while The Twins and Skeletron Prime both took only two, haha.

VandalD

You know, it's kinda funny.
Everyone says Destroyer is the easiest hardmode boss, but when I go back and count how many tries it took me to beat each one, Destroyer took me four tries, while The Twins and Skeletron Prime both took only two, haha.
That probably would have been true for me if I hadn't
built the arena after only one try with the Destroyer. The Twins took me quite a few tries, but looking back, I think I was over complicating things by moving around too much. I actually beat Prime on my first try. Was not expecting that, and it was very close.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That probably would have been true for me if I hadn't
built the arena after only one try with the Destroyer. The Twins took me quite a few tries, but looking back, I think I was over complicating things by moving around too much. I actually beat Prime on my first try. Was not expecting that, and it was very close.

The Twins were easy for me because I accidentally stumbled upon the sky bridge method. :lol Went up on my sky bridge and ran backwards away from them with the Spectral Boots while firing the Megashark. As long as you dodge their charges they basically can't hit you.

balddemon

Banned
the repeater weapons with hellfire or jester arrows make every boss fight way easier. same with the nearly end game guns and crystal bullets. lol.

Blu10

I actually found that I could use the Dao of pow and just stand on it. Don't even need to use a potion

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
He has only appeared once for me so far very early on in the game. So he killed me pretty fast. :(

You can craft an item to summon him, too. He was literally the last boss I fought. :lol He never appeared once for me, and I forgot all about him until I beat the final boss and the trophy for beating every boss didn't pop, haha.

You can craft an item to summon him, too. He was literally the last boss I fought. :lol He never appeared once for me, and I forgot all about him until I beat the final boss and the trophy for beating every boss didn't pop, haha.

I did't know that. I'll have to see what item that is. Thanks for the info!
3AQmK.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So are we spoilering any hardmode stuff? Just I need to know?

I have been, just in case. Although I suppose most people, by the time they get to that point, will have spoiled themselves via the Wiki anyway. I dunno, what does everyone think? Should we spoiler Hardmode stuff or not?

Philia

Oh no biggie, was just curious. I totally respect spoilers myself. And yeah lol, I ruined myself lots on the wiki. XD Just to make sure I had better gear and such, otherwise I'd not know about it on the crafting menu.

Anyway anyway, I was wondering about if anyone had ever successfully
100% Hallow and 0% Corruption
because that'd be a feat to see.

I'm also trying to figure out how to build my house safely. I plan to use glass walls and pearlstone bricks since they're very light in color and has a pleasant shine to it unlike silver.

Obviously to prevent from it to spread (unlike demonite brick that doesn't... darn) it'll be suspended in midair and far away from any other terraforming blocks.

I also saw another house that was incased with glass and lava to prevent the worms from entering which is a brilliant idea. But it still leaves the damn casters that can teleport in. Any ideas on how to prevent those?

MrDaravon

Can't tell if I'm just terrible or not, but I've been really frustrated the last couple of days with the game.

-The respawn rate on enemies in the Underworld is obscene. It took me literally all day yesterday to make a bridge spanning it's length to fight the WoF. I would have taken me maybe an hour without enemies. Sometimes I'd be stuck on the same screen for 15+ minutes because enemies wouldn't stop coming. It's ridiculous. It doesn't seem to be nearly as bad anywhere else.

-I'm extremely unhappy with having to manage corruption/hallow. Had to spend a good chunk of my day just blocking off one part of my map from corruption spreading, and I don't know if that'll even work long-term since I'm not sure if summoning bosses in hardmode causes more to appear or not (I've already destroyed all of the Demon Altars I'll probably need to). It feels super artificial and is not at all what I want to spend most of my time doing.

-I seem to be stuck; I've triggered hardmode and have all of the Adamantite gear. To get better stuff (looking at the wiki looks like
Hallowed armor, Excalibur and the Megashark
?) I have to kill the new bosses. I'm unable to kill the new bosses without better stuff.

Also I've hilariously gotten into hardmode without seeing a floating island and without doing the jungle at all. But I feel like I'm completely stuck gear-wise and I'm just getting frustrated having to deal with bullshit in the world much less still getting killed by regular enemies because I can't get better shit. No idea.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I killed Destroyer with a Phasesaber. Once you beat him a couple times, you can make both the Excalibur and the Megashark. Just drink an Ironskin Potion and Regeneration Potion before the fight starts. It's really not that bad. Also having the Warrior Emblem that WoF drops can be a big help too.

MrDaravon

Didn't they announce a Vita version?

I killed Destroyer with a Phasesaber. Once you beat him a couple times, you can make both the Excalibur and the Megashark. Just drink an Ironskin Potion and Regeneration Potion before the fight starts. It's really not that bad. Also having the Warrior Emblem that WoF drops can be a big help too.

I'll try that, I'm using the Adamantite sword now, I take it the Phasesaber is better for the
Destroyer
then? I also had no idea there was even a regeneration potion, I haven't had to make any potions beyond healing potions and the ones I've found.

Also are
sharks
a really rare spawn? I've been to the ocean on both ends of the maps a few times now and never seen one. I have seen a few
orcas and crabs
but none of those, and I need five of their drops >_>

anddo0

I tried and failed twice today :(

I'm going to attempt it again after Game of Thrones.

I saw a YT video method that looks easy: Terraria : Guide - How to Beat The Destroyer (Solo) with Melee Weapons

Retro

The respawn rate on enemies in the Underworld is obscene. It took me literally all day yesterday to make a bridge spanning it's length to fight the WoF. I would have taken me maybe an hour without enemies. Sometimes I'd be stuck on the same screen for 15+ minutes because enemies wouldn't stop coming. It's ridiculous. It doesn't seem to be nearly as bad anywhere else.

It used to be worse. Fire Imps used to spawn 2 or 3 at a time, Lava Slimes used to actually leave pools of lava when they died... and Bone Dragons now are PUSHOVERS compared to what they used to be.

It's hell. What did you expect =p

MrDaravon

It used to be worse. Fire Imps used to spawn 2 or 3 at a time, Lava Slimes used to actually leave pools of lava when they died... and Bone Dragons now are PUSHOVERS compared to what they used to be.

It's hell. What did you expect =p

It's just unnecessarily annoying. It's not like it's really hard; once I got down there I think I only died once, and that was from a fall.

Also I just found out I wasn't crafting potions because the option to make bottles wasn't showing up due to the X/Square toggle glitch, I assumed I didn't have any bottles because it was for something special at some point -_-. Finally figured that out (I have to hit X multiple times for it to finally show) so now I can craft potions. Jesus Christ game.

Top Bottom