• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Heel

Will Smith, you are loved.

tPLHYoW.png

Curufinwe

If the scalers are good it kinda doesn't matter what resolution you're on.

That's a bunch of bullshit. If you play a PC game on a 60 inch TV at 720p then bump it up to 1080p the difference is incredibly obvious. I can't believe what's supposed to be a tech podcast is giving us the magic of scalers nonsense.

There's an entire thread here explaining what a false and ignorant argument Tested are making.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707383

Blastoise

Banned
Why does Will look so disheveled in every video? Comb your hair man. And stay off that crack rock!

EDIT: Also I'm enjoying the content they are putting out. Both written and video.

Aaron

Their tech in depth videos are always great, especially since Norm threw off Apple's chains of oppression. Him feeling okay about sticking with the ipad3 wasn't something I expected, and his unwilling to commit on mini vs air yet despite the color difference was well reasoned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Like Giantbomb, they really should have just had a 25 dollar membership for people who don't want the merchandise. Maybe they'll do that during Black Friday.

popo

wow, I think they overuse the word "exclusive" s bit on that subscription page. Remember Will - you owe use ex whiskey subscribers about 6 months of free subs.

Zaph

wow, I think they overuse the word "exclusive" s bit on that subscription page. Remember Will - you owe use ex whiskey subscribers about 6 months of free subs.
Yeah, I doubt that'll happen.

But I hope they give free memberships to people who signed up because of that 'Bricked' appeal. When that post went up, they already knew WM was for sale.

popo

But I hope they give free memberships to people who signed up because of that 'Bricked' appeal. When that post went up, they already knew WM was for sale.

He promised. I am sure someone can dig up the post where he did so.

I am just busting his balls though. I don't really watch the videos already on tested for free and I certainly don't need a personalised email from Adam.

willsmith

Norm and I absolutely did not know that the company was up for sale when we launched Bricked. If we had, we wouldn't have done Bricked as subscription series (or probably at all). We found out that a sale was a possibility during the series, around the time I was sick, but nothing was certain until almost the last minute. Even then, I think we were initially presented with the sale only affecting Giant Bomb and ComicVine, with the rest of the sites continuing to operate as before.

The former Whiskey Media subscribers got an ad-free version of Tested for the remainder of their natural subscription, which was what I could get the new owners to agree to and something they felt people were OK with. If anyone thinks that was a raw deal, please send an email to support@tested.com and cc will at tested.com, and I'll make sure that the right people see your feedback.

newjeruse

Gary's expressed his distaste for Jeremy Clarkson before, which I totally understand. He's a borderline misogynist and racist.

Sad to hear that we might have seen the last Octoberkast. This year's was my favorite.

Chuck

Still without luck
Damn good cast this week. No real shock there though given the guests and Jeff Green's recent butt cam trip. Last of Us didn't start off as a Jak and Daxter game btw. ND make a Jak concept and prototype years ago for the idea of a reboot but gave up on it really early on.

It's a shame fake outtakes comes back but it's all breaking bad spoilers so I had to bail. :c Will, bring back fake outtakes every week!

popo

Gary's expressed his distaste for Jeremy Clarkson before, which I totally understand. He's a borderline misogynist and racist.

You can like TG and still not like Clarkson. Although it has been a bit stale for years now.

It's a shame fake outtakes comes back but it's all breaking bad spoilers so I had to bail. :c Will, bring back fake outtakes every week!

Thanks for the heads up.. I will skip that part.

gokieks

The skepticism Gary kept displaying towards Will actually having the facts right for the gaming stuff was pretty hilarious.

Just to clarify, Sony are not "just now" getting how to do purchases tied to accounts. From 2005, I have been able to activate 5 PS3's with my downloadable content (which was lowered to 2 a year or so ago, most likely due to publisher pressure). They were on the cutting edge with cross-buy products for Vita/PS3. You can "download" the games as many times as you want on activated systems. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of Nintendo.

I don't have a 360, so I don't know how that system works. Sony's, however, has been great since PS3 launched.

FStop7

Banned

Sad to hear that we might have seen the last Octoberkast. This year's was my favorite.

Why would this year's Octoberkast possibly be the last? :(

marathoned the inventern stuff. great feature! Original idea sounded so dumb and lame, but its super nice to see there are still good people left in this world ;)

curious how this intern thing works. seems like many of the folks do have family/careers.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just marathoned a lot of the Adam mini podcasts, and they're really much better than I expected. Anyone who worships Hunter Thompson is cool with me. Adam comes off as the nicest guy ever, I'm always skeptical of media people who seem that way but I hope it's true in his case.

FluxWaveZ

Just got around to listening to the November 21 episode. As a 19 year old who lives in a household with no smartphone, tablet, Kindle or anything, it's hilarious to listen to how they're practically enslaved to their devices.

Just saw their membership stuff...you'd think they would get Jaime and Adam for that video.

They are doing less stuff I like so why would I pay? I wish I wanted to pay I really like the guys.

popo

Just saw their membership stuff...you'd think they would get Jaime and Adam for that video.

They are doing less stuff I like so why would I pay? I wish I wanted to pay I really like the guys.

The AI commentary? Is it not Adam, Will and Norm. I thought that was the idea as Adam worked on props for it.

popo

No tech podcast for the last two weeks (thanksgiving then Dadcast), Will is on holiday until the new year.

I am calling it. It might limp on but, in spirit at least, RIP This Is Only A Test 2010 - 2013

No tech podcast for the last two weeks (thanksgiving then Dadcast), Will is on holiday until the new year.

I am calling it. It might limp on but, in spirit at least, RIP This Is Only A Test 2010 - 2013

I feel like they only do it because the have to for the sponsors

Any impressions of the premium content? Only seems to be two things right now but I wonder if they are well done. The tour bus video could be interesting

Also, anyone know if they are going to CES? Surely they can break away from Adam for a few days! I had to laugh at the title of one recent article, "Adam Savage Explores a Military Surplus Store." I mean, Adam is likable but come now. Although I would watch "Adam Savage Goes Grocery Shopping." Hmm...

Top Bottom