• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura drawn guardian will appear for Terra Battle 2 after 300k registrations

DKHF

The details for the pre-registration campaign of Hironobu Sakaguchi's new game Terra Battle 2 have been revealed. A guardian designed by Tetsuya Nomura will appear after 300k pre-registrations for Terra Battle 2 have been made.

Registation details via Gematsu http://gematsu.com/2017/08/terra-battle-2-pre-registration-opened:

Mistwalker has launched pre-registrations for Terra Battle 2, the company announced. Users can pre-register through the official website, Twitter (follow), Facebook (Like), or Google Play.

Various rewards are being prepared for players when they start the game depending on the number of pre-registrations achieved. Here's the full list:

10,000 pre-registrations – Normal Energy x 10
20,000 pre-registrations – Bluebird
30,000 pre-registrations – Normal Energy x 10
40,000 pre-registrations – Field Item Set
50,000 pre-registrations – Sarah's sword
60,000 pre-registrations – 3,000 Ahn Coin
70,000 pre-registrations – Normal Energy x 10
80,000 pre-registrations – Khem's Staff
90,000 pre-registrations – Anti-energy and Fores Seed
100,000 pre-registrations – Golden Bird
120,000 pre-registrations – Normal Energy x 10
140,000 pre-registrations – Sarah's Garb
160,000 pre-registrations – Pact of Resolve Ticket
180,000 pre-registrations – Normal Energy x 10
200,000 pre-registrations – Samatha: Samatha from Terra Battle will join the fight in her RNA re-coded state. Lead artist Kimihiko Fujisaka will design Samatha's RNA recoded form and bring her back into Terra Battle 2 as a Guardian!
300,000 pre-registrations – Guardian by Tetsuya Nomura: Tetsuya Nomura (Square Enix) and Hironobu Sakaguchi will collaborate together for the first time in 20 years to bring a new Guardian to the game.
Terra Battle 2 is due out for iOS, Android, and PC this summer as a free-to-play title with in-app purchases.

There's also an interview between Nomura and Sakaguchi in this week's Famitsu where they mention this.

50.jpg

Image source: http://www.appbank.net/2017/08/03/iphone-application/1387652.php

Not a terra battle player but still looking forward to that interview

i wonder what sakaguchi thinks of the FF7 Remake and the changes regarding it.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Did my part because I enjoyed the first game for a couple of month. Need to read up on what the gameplay for the sequel looks like.

mortal

Gold Member
I gotta say that photo is pretty amazing. Having a mentorship turned friendship like Sakaguchi and Nomura have is so damn cool. Even more so when you reconnect with one another once again to collaborate, decades later in your creative careers, and in life.

This isn't really that big a deal, but it's pretty neat seeing how bonds can last over time.

Edit: Tetsuya Nomura needs to publish a goddamn official art book already. I'd buy it.

Lindsaymv

Wonder if they'll bother to release it on the New Zealand play store this time. I played the game at launch by downloading an apk and it's probably the only gatcha game I've ever legitimately enjoyed but boy, every patch breaking my game got annoying after a while. Puzzles and Dragons too never came out. It's strange because quite often we get games first before other countries as a kind of testing ground.

Beth Cyra

Damn it I will pre sign up Gooch, the one thing that could pull me to this game and you got it.

That said I do want that interview I love hearing about he relationship between the two.

SOLDIER

Nomura is just as an important influence to the FF franchise as Sakaguchi is.

Haters can hate all they want, it won't make that less true. These two defined two generations of Final Fantasy's history.

CTLance

Oh, thanks for the info. I like TB1 quite a bit, although I never really got very far.

Pre-reg'd.

Obligatory: Now who do I need to bother to get a port to the switch? Only half joking. ... I'd also take an offline version of the original game. Would be a shame to lose that game if the servers ever went offline.

docbon

Just pre-registered. Can't wait to try the game out!

I think the thread title could use some adjustment to make it clearer that pre-registration just opened for Android / iOS.

DKHF

Hopefully Famitsu will post a translated version of the Nomura and Sakaguchi interview online like they did for Tabata and Sakaguchi (though maybe not since that was when they were pushing XV really hard). Or some site translates it. Seems like a really cool interview.
Just pre-registered. Can't wait to try the game out!

I think the thread title could use some adjustment to make it clearer that pre-registration just opened for Android / iOS.
Yeah it could, sorry about that. I'm not familiar with the game so wasn't sure if it was a big deal.

GKFinns

DG-uIyzUMAAVsvB.jpg

To celebrate the collaboration between Sakaguchi and Nomura, they are holding a fan event/contest.

Submitting your fan art or cosplay of any of their games, or a short video describing why their games are/were important to you using the #FFReunion (or submitted here), and Sakaguchi will be choosing the winners himself to win Square Enix/Mistwalker prizes!

Top Bottom