• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TF2 Gun Mettle Update - CSGO style Skins for TF2 weapons and new maps

I've heard good things about KOTH Suijin. Looks like it has a little of everything for each class and a bunch of elevated areas for sniping. The Sniper doesn't get enough love when it comes to sniping spots, I've found.

Randdalf

I've heard good things about KOTH Suijin. Looks like it has a little of everything for each class and a bunch of elevated areas for sniping. The Sniper doesn't get enough love when it comes to sniping spots, I've found.

That's because custom map makers are usually too conservative when it comes to sightlines, it's a very fine balance to strike.

KarmaCow

Said by a dude who probably does not main Spy or have played in 32 man servers.

That's the nature of 32 man servers. Live by the spam, die by the spam. Pyros usually end up only doing the latter.

And are you serious about Spies having a valid complaint about Pyros? Might as rage against ubers making people invincible.

Right? Glad I'm not the only one who sees what a nightmare that will be. Two Blu Heavies with Brass Beasts on Payload with a Medic will be unstoppable.

Spies, though... maybe I'm terrible at TF2, but some spies fuck my shit up constantly. I don't think that they needed a buff. They were always a Glass Cannon. Now they're a Plexiglass Cannon.

The heavy buffs aren't that spectacular considering they have been heavily(heh) nerfed the past year as well. I don't know details, but Heavy had become worthless and now he'll be more balanced again.

DorkyMohr

Banned
Was hoping that the competitive mode would be announced along with this, but I guess that's still in the works. Some interesting changes.

TxdoHawk

Got the update but can't buy the pass yet. "The Mann Co. Store is Currently Closed."

Edit: There we go! Got my first two contracts.

KarmaCow

Can you get the contracts and unlock skins without buying the pass or no?

Not directly but I believe you can get crates and unlock them to get skins, though if it's like CS:GO you wont be able to get crates via drops without the pass until the current season ends.

edit: yea unsurprisingly it's almost impossible to get into the mann co store. :(

Randdalf

Just bought the pass and got my first two contracts, one for Pyro and a general kill contract. Time to explore Powerhouse!

TxdoHawk

Just as I expected, item servers are totally borked. I received my contracts but they weren't getting points, after a restart they don't even show up. I guess I will just relax and try again later.

Yasae

Banned
Pyros?

kbaWebQ.jpg

Hahaaa.... They got nerfed like crazy a long time ago and people still complain???

Oh boy.

Here's the correct answer: crit stickies. Overpowered forever more.

kenta

Has no PEINS
So you can't go to achieve servers I guess and grind them?

None of my contracts are updating - servers are getting hammered.
I understand why they need to limit it like that, but I didn't see it coming. I was planning on passively accruing contract points while playing on my usual server but bleh

Blizzard

Banned
I always forget how broken the servers get right after updates.

After many retries I managed to get into the shop, actually buy a pass, and get into a server. But, apparently all servers have lost connection to the item server, so you can't use any non-stock items. And, if I press F2 to bring up the contracts drawer, it just tells me to buy a contract even though I already activated one. From what people are saying in this thread, even if I did have contracts show up, they wouldn't update right now.

I assume if the item etc. server comes back contracts might start working.

Moobabe

I understand why they need to limit it like that, but I didn't see it coming. I was planning on passively accruing contract points while playing on my usual server but bleh

That was my plan too - I get the reasoning but it kind of sucks.

Blizzard

Banned
The contract coin isn't showing up for me on the scoreboard but is for other players, even though I have an active contract now -- anyone else have this?

*edit* Oh it's the item server again. Activating the gun mettle thing over and over plays the countdown sequence and sound, but doesn't actually activate.

New revolver reload animation is neat, but Spy still doesn't insert bullets in the ambassador, ughhh. Was hoping they would fix that too.

KarmaCow

yo WHAT? Contracts are only active when playing on Valve servers? Ugh

Wow really? That really kills any motivation to even try this out then. I don't remember the last time I had any desire to jump into random servers outside of trying custom MvM maps.

Is there a way to improve my framerate without using one of those configs that make the game look like complete ass? This game is so poorly optimized.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Had this been a few years ago, I'd've already gotten the gold coin. :p

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of wonkiness regarding contracts because the item servers are getting hammered... Also Valve screwed up explosion behavior quite a bit, especially when it comes to jumping. Demo sticky damage ramp up was rolled back and explosions push you the full distance regardless of how much or little your hurt box is overlapping with the blast. Gonna need a patch for this asap. :X

impact

Banned
Is there a way to improve my framerate without using one of those configs that make the game look like complete ass? This game is so poorly optimized.

Yea sure just go back in time and stop Source 1 engine from being made

It's a pretty damn terrible engine in almost every aspect. I don't know why any developer would use it.

Top Bottom