• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

bengraven

JoeBoy101 said:
BTW, slick new avatar. Like it.

Was looking at the gifs again and just noticed this.

Thanks. ;)

Confidence Man said:
Looks good. Textures and shadow resolution need a bump, but it should look killer on PC.

And I think that's Dark Brotherhood armor we see with the assassination and the Dwemer ruin.

If it's anything like Oblivion, Fallout or Dragon Age, a super high rez texture pack will be available within weeks or even days.

I'm still not 100% sure how they do it, but they do.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks sick.

The new tech they are using appears to be a MASSIVE improvement over their previous games. The most important thing I'm seeing is the advancements in terrain. The fact that terrain can be formed in much more complex fashion and create landscapes that could not exist before (that castle on the spire, for instance) is very promising. The sense of scale is so much more grandiose this time around.

Can't wait!

atbigelow

I've never been too interested in the Elder Scrolls games (even played a bit of 3 and 4).

But this trailer just sold me. I guess that's why they make them, eh?

Booshka

atbigelow said:
I've never been too interested in the Elder Scrolls games (even played a bit of 3 and 4).

But this trailer just sold me. I guess that's why they make them, eh?
It's hard to get interested in Elder Scrolls games if you just play a bit of them. It takes like 5-10 hours to get into Oblivion, and twice that to get into Morrowind. They start slow and your character sucks, so it's easy to feel lost and confused by the huge game that is presented to you.

Bethesda makes great trailers for their key franchises, especially Elder Scrolls.

Izayoi

Banned
They should release the full theme song. I would pay good money for a lossless version.

Are you reading this, Bethesda? I'm asking you to take my money.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

I can't wait for this game !! I loved Oblivion and am enjoying the Fallout games, but man i am so hyped for this.

Lucius86

Banned
kuroshiki said:
Was it free or was it pre-order bonus?

You need to buy it. But it is worth the few bob it costs. Spent many hours listening to the previous two whilst revising/working at home.

Gorgon

Booshka said:
It's hard to get interested in Elder Scrolls games if you just play a bit of them. It takes like 5-10 hours to get into Oblivion, and twice that to get into Morrowind. They start slow and your character sucks, so it's easy to feel lost and confused by the huge game that is presented to you.

Bethesda makes great trailers for their key franchises, especially Elder Scrolls.

Oh come on, you don't need to play a game from 10 to 20 fucking hours before deciding if you like it or not.

GhaleonEB

Gorgon said:
Oh come on, you don't need to play a game for 10 fucking hours before deciding if you like it or not.
Indeed. I knew I was going to be sucked into Oblivion after the first dungeon and then stepping out into the wild to that massive view of the landscape, begging to be explored. And looted.

Izayoi

Banned
Booshka said:

What.

I got into both Morrowind and Oblivion instantly.

Soma

Man between this, Dark Souls and other games whatever remnants of my social life is gonna be demolished by the time Fall hits.

Can't wait!

Jokergrin

no one does open world games as well as Beth IMO

I have eagerly anticipated every TES game going back to Daggerfall, which is still my favorite, though i love them all

low-G

bengraven said:
If it's anything like Oblivion, Fallout or Dragon Age, a super high rez texture pack will be available within weeks or even days.

I'm still not 100% sure how they do it, but they do.

They upscale the textures then add a random noise filter.

JoeBoy101

Finally had a chance to see the trailer large and in HD. Two observations:

1) Much easier to tell now its console, with some of the tell-tale signs.

2) Still looks really fucking good for console.

Salaadin

Its probably WAY early but has there been any talk specifically from Bethesda about the PC version? WIll there be more concentration on it this time around to get it up to my ridiculously high standards for PC games?

Gorgon

WanderingWind said:
In order of hype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: HR
Mass Effect 3

Good ordering, sir, although I personaly would dispense with the last one and add Ni No Kuni instead.

ZeroRay

Woo! Looks awesome.

Amazing year, especially for RPGs. Dark Souls, Skyrim, ME3, Witcher 2...shit, gonna have to take out a loan.

Aesius

-Yeti said:
Is it just me, or did anyone else start playing Oblivion after watching this trailer?

I do that with a lot of games.

Download Nehrim instead. It will satisfy your Elder Scrolls hunger much more than shitty vanilla Oblivion.

Durante

-Yeti said:
Is it just me, or did anyone else start playing Oblivion after watching this trailer?
I did. Adding another few hours to my third character's ~70 count. I still haven't completed the main story with any of them.

MMaRsu

Banned
Clott said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, This game looks great and all that but it isn't even going to look close to this on the consoles, ie: you see how dense the foliage is in the forest giff? do the consoles really have the ram for it? I truly think that most of the video is from the PC version which only leads me to think that with now seeing how the Witcher 2 plays this is only making me think of what could have been.

blah blah it's really beating on a dead horse but the consoles are really holding back the advance of our generation! with now the onset of Dragon Age 2 which seems to be a consolified disaster, I can't help to only think how much better ES:S could have looked...

Ehh this is all 360 footage.

AND IT LOOKS GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOUS

Barakov

Looked absolutely amazing.

brotkasten said:
I just saw the release date. 11.11.11 is still so, so, so far away. I want it like .. now. :(

Yeah, the wait for this one is going to be hard.

Aesius said:
Download Nehrim instead. It will satisfy your Elder Scrolls hunger much more than shitty vanilla Oblivion.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good enough PC to run Oblivion.. even on lowest settings. I've looked at some videos of Nehrim and it looks amazing. I wish I could try it.

That will change for Skyrim, however, because I'm planning on building a PC by the end of Summer. With BF3, Witcher 2, and Crysis 2 coming out as well, I'd be crazy not to build a PC.

Durante said:
I did. Adding another few hours to my third character's ~70 count. I still haven't completed the main story with any of them.

I started a new character. I'm trying to go along with the whole Nordic Barbarian theme, so I obviously went with a Nord. I've actually never been a Nord, so it should be a little different.

RPGCrazied

Looks awesome, now that I have a gaming PC, I'm getting it for PC. So I can control the graphics to my liking.

No more screen tear for this guy!

Duki said:
lmao if people actually thought this

Most everyone did, even a lot of the regular hardcore pc people on this board. It took a bethesda employee to prove people wrong.

It's easy to say you knew it wasn't when it's already been confirmed for half the day that it's 360.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WanderingWind said:
In order of hype
Skyrim
Dark Souls
The Witcher 2
Deus Ex: HR
Mass Effect 3

Fuck you for not including BF3. :p

Fitz

Haven't seen this posted, have a baby on 11.11.11 and name it Dovahkiin and you get every Beth game on Steam for free, for ever.

Top Bottom