• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 releases in 2 days

Scrawnton

Man. My dilemma. Do you use my psn credit to buy this game on PS4, or do I get a much better running version on my pc and save my psn credit for an exclusive?

Facism

Dust, my good mate. Has anyone mentioned fps issues or such for the console versions? They look smooth enough on youtube, but that's youtube ;p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

theyturkerjurbs

Neo Member
I love the way they announced this game. Such a change of pace after hearing about 'project zwei' in regards to the first game and waiting for what felt like an actual eternity.

It's nearly here guys 😂 So excite!!!

Xux

Watched one of the walkthroughs in that thread. Some strong imagery and looks pretty fun. Not a horror guy at all but I'm definitely on board.

Perineum

Not only that NieR Automata did great in year that other big games came out. Also if remember correctly NieR Automata had barely any marketing.

0 Marketing. This game has some marketing with ads, commercials, being at trade shows, steady drip feed of content for guys like us, etc.

The only things that could screw this game are an awful story (first game was a bit hard to follow for some) and if it had technical issues. (Bethesda tends to do this with games at launch)

Barring those two things we could see a GOTY contender rise.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

burgerdog

On PC at least it's unlocking at midnight in all time zones, I'm not sure if US is all counted as one release or if it'll be unlocking at midnight PST time though.

This said, I'm in PST timezone too and going to use VPN to unlock it. As the game unlocks at midnight in Australia their time zone, if you use VPN you can begin to play the game if you have it pre-ordered on STEAM at 7 AM PST on Thursday.

I have it on steam so that’s just lovely. Almost there!

Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Mifec

ah dammit really? i paid a bit more from gmg because i wasnt sure if it was included in the cdkeys one. nevermind.

Yeah I was curious and went to check to see if I should buy(I won't be home for release) and I saw they updated the title and price

xVe8c.jpg

TitusTroy

any word on length of game- main missions + most of those optional side ones...I'm assuming it's going to be longer then the first game

Dusk Golem

K.Sabot

My brain memory must be hazy with early onset nostalgia but the pc footage I'm seeing from TEW2 seems like its less graphically impressive than TEW1.

Like, the lighting composition seems less ambitious from the early gameplay I'm watching. Hard to explain, maybe its just the early locations are reaaaally boring, but it feels like the lighting change from dark souls 1 going into 2. The lighting seems flatter.

That's just me.

kodecraft

My brain memory must be hazy with early onset nostalgia but the pc footage I'm seeing from TEW2 seems like its less graphically impressive than TEW1.

Like, the lighting composition seems less ambitious from the early gameplay I'm watching. Hard to explain, maybe its just the early locations are reaaaally boring, but it feels like the lighting change from dark souls 1 going into 2. The lighting seems flatter.

That's just me.

Well they modified the engine and the install size is smaller, so there may be some graphical features scaled down to work with this new semi open world.

Considering the foundation TEW is built on is still idTech5.

aravuus

A bit off-topic, but if I pay on cdkeys with paypal and I'm not logged in, does the key get sent to the email my paypal account is attached to?

The buying process feels kinda shady to me when it asks me literally nothing, it's just "buy and pay with paypal" lol

ffvorax

The first game was good but had also flaws... I think the promises made with this sequel are exactly what I was looking for... that said I don't plan to buy it day one, but maybe on christmas if it's a good sequel.

A bit off-topic, but if I pay on cdkeys with paypal and I'm not logged in, does the key get sent to the email my paypal account is attached to?

The buying process feels kinda shady to me when it asks me literally nothing, it's just "buy and pay with paypal" lol

Yeah , I don't have a cdkeys account and paid with paypal. They send a email to the address attached to your pay pal account.

Nick_C

I feel dumb because I'm probably just going to buy through Steam for $60. I know CDKeys has it for ~$32 with the DLC included, but I'd rather pay full US price to show them that I'm one of the customers that supports these types of games.

That's how I'm justifying financial irresponsibility anyway.

Social

I feel dumb because I'm probably just going to buy through Steam for $60. I know CDKeys has it for ~$32 with the DLC included, but I'd rather pay full US price to show them that I'm one of the customers that supports these types of games.

Doubtful that any of "them" would see a penny more of your cash because you bought it from Steam directly.

Doubtful that any of "them" would see a penny more of your cash because you bought it from Steam directly.

I was thinking along the same lines as Nick, but if what you say is true...

If I buy a Cd-key vs. buying elsewhere at full price am I really going to end up giving Tango/Bethesda the same $$$?

Cause if so obviously I'll get the Cd-key. I don't really understand the magic of cd-keys but I have used them before.

kc44135

Not only that NieR Automata did great in year that other big games came out. Also if remember correctly NieR Automata had barely any marketing.
That's the game where you play as the sexy robot girl, wreck shit up, and the story is super tragic and depressing and stuff, right? Man, that game was awesome! Glad to hear it did well, and hopefully the fact that it did so bodes well for TEW2.
0 Marketing. This game has some marketing with ads, commercials, being at trade shows, steady drip feed of content for guys like us, etc.

The only things that could screw this game are an awful story (first game was a bit hard to follow for some) and if it had technical issues. (Bethesda tends to do this with games at launch)

Barring those two things we could see a GOTY contender rise.

Eh, I doubt it will be a GOTY contender regardless of how good it is. I mean this is the year that Zelda: BOTW and Mario: Odeysee got released, and those two games will sweep the GOTY awards this year, no doubt (and maybe Horizon: Zero Dawn will get a few as well).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

They really don't care. Personally I can't afford to burn $30 so I always buy from CDKeys, without them I'd never get to play new games.

Mifec

I was thinking along the same lines as Nick, but if what you say is true...

If I buy a Cd-key vs. buying elsewhere at full price am I really going to end up giving Tango/Bethesda the same $$$?

Cause if so obviously I'll get the Cd-key. I don't really understand the magic of cd-keys but I have used them before.

It's not the same amount of money they'd get through Steam but they still get what they'd usually get for a lower cost region boxed copy. CDkeys buy boxed copies from lower cost regions, so Bethesda gets the same amount of money they'd get for selling a boxed copy in that region.

Azzanadra

Don't feel bad, corporations take advantage of globalist capitalism all the time... why shouldn't you?

Nick_C

It's less about the money Bethesda would get form the sale and more about reflecting that the US market still finds games like this desirable. I'd rather have the sale in the US than in, say, Bulgaria.

It is also worth noting that CDKeys buys most of their keys from retail outlets where the cost of the game is much cheaper to reflect the strength of their regional currency. This means that the pot is split up even more than a Steam direct purchase. I think the breakdown is retailer, CDKeys and Bethesda (maybe even Steam for key generation), as opposed to just Steam and Bethesda.

I could be totally wrong, and I'm not admonishing anyone going the CDKeys route.

EDIT: St3v3 and Azzanadra are right, too. While I'm fortunate enough to burn $30 on new release and still be able to grab Mario, Wolf 2 and probably AC later this month (not even counting the incidental purchases throughout), I'm probably just better off getting it for ~$30. Hell, this money is probably going into some tax haven, so it's probably pure profit for them. My one sale is a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme.

Scrawnton

They really don't care. Personally I can't afford to burn $30 so I always buy from CDKeys, without them I'd never get to play new games.
I just preordered this on cd keys and when I follow the download link it says the code won't be available until right before launch. Based on experience, when should I be looking out for the code?

Top Bottom