• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expendables 2 - (August 17, 2012) Info & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

5szvc.jpg

TRAILER

Since the trailer will hit sometime this week I thought it would be nice with a little hype thread to get the testosterone going.

Plot

The Expendables are back and this time it's personal... Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone), Lee Christmas (Lee Statham), Yin Yang (Jet Li), Gunnar Jensen (Dolph Lundgren),Toll Road (Randy Couture) and Hale Caesar (Terry Crews) -- with newest members Billy the Kid (Liam Hemsworth) and Maggie (Yu Nan) aboard -- are reunited when Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) enlists the Expendables to take on a seemingly simple job. The task looks like an easy paycheck for Barney and his band of old-school mercenaries. But when things go wrong and one of their own is viciously killed, the Expendables are compelled to seek revenge in hostile territory where the odds are stacked against them. Hell-bent on payback, the crew cuts a swath of destruction through opposing forces, wreaking havoc and shutting down an unexpected threat in the nick of time -- six pounds of weapons-grade plutonium; enough to change the balance of power in the world. But that's nothing compared to the justice they serve against the villainous adversary who savagely murdered their brother. That is done the Expendables way....

Director
Simon West

Writers
David Agosto
Ken Kaufman
Richard Wenk
& Sylvester Stallone

Cast
Sylvester Stallone - Barney Ross
Jason Statham - Lee Christmas
Randy Couture - Toll Road
Terry Crews - Hale Caesar
Dolph Lundgren - Gunnar Jensen
Jet Li - Yin Yang
Bruce Willis - Mr.Church
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Trent "Trench" Mauser
Jean-Claude Van Damme - Jean Vilain
Liam Hemsworth - Timmons
Chuck Norris - Booker
Scott Adkins - Hector
Nan Yu - Maggie
Amanda Ooms - Pilar

1HgIw.jpg
AXAmK.jpg

QVhQH.jpg
fCdI3.jpg

UY77q.jpg

pUOF2.jpg

Sean

Banned
Terry Crews with AA-12 shotgun, the real reason you will see this movie:

expendables2-8.jpeg

Didn't know a trailer was coming so soon, can't wait to see it.

agrajag

Banned
Terry Crews is on dat horse meat.

Serious question, did you all really enjoy the first one? I thought it was a bit crap, and I love 80's action flicks. It was a mess of a movie. Still going to watch this though.

fCdI3.jpg

Crews. Holy shit.

Serious question, did you all really enjoy the first one? I thought it was a bit crap, and I love 80's action flicks. It was a mess of a movie. Still going to watch this though.

Mindless action. Went into it not expecting anything but loads of shooting from my 80's action heroes. Loved it.

Can't wait for this one.

Terry Crews is on dat horse meat.

I didn't really care for it. Of course, I'll still probably check this sequel out on day 1.

Ultima_5

I am so stoked for this movie. I absolutely adore everyone in it. So great to JCVD getting on bored.... I still wish jackie chan was in this... Would cement it's title as Movie of forever....

Arnold needs to grow the 5 o'clock shadow back ala End of Days.

I always liked that look on him, too bad the movie was garbage.

I really hope this movie is shot like an 80's movie and not a modern action flick. That was my biggest compliant about the first movie.

KamenSenshi

Cant wait for this. The first was likely my favorite movie of the year it released. Still cant believe Sly and Arnold sharing a movie, it's like Sonic and Mario in a platformer. Almost.

Kuran

Banned
Damn, it's a long wait. The first movie was really 'fun', for some reason I watched it more then once.. and I never do that!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Better not suck like the first one

The first one started so badly... I actually stopped watching it. But when I went back to it months later, there were seriously awesome scenes in the middle/end.

Kinda shit you just don't see in movies these days. Made it worth the time... I'm glad i gave it a second try.

JdFoX187

Banned
Simon West as director gives me hope this will be a little more traditional as far as action directing goes. For some reason, Stallone really loves the shaky cam, as exhibited in Rambo and ultimately The Expendables. West hasn't seemed to follow down that road yet. Con Air was cheese, but it as pure cheese and worked great. The Mechanic wasn't too bad, but the issues with that leaned more toward the shit script rather than the direction.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to this and I definitely enjoyed the first one. I think I agree about Chuck looking out of place, but I'm stoked that JVCD signed on! Day one for sure. Now, where is Rambo 5?

JdFoX187

Banned
Rambo 5 has been ultimately canceled, thankfully. The original idea they had was something about Rambo chasing down a genetically enhanced killer somewhere in the Northeast, or something like that. Then he had an idea about Rambo going after a friend's family at the border. Ultimately, he said where Rambo left off was the best way to end the series, which makes sense.

Ultima_5

Rambo 5 has been ultimately canceled, thankfully. The original idea they had was something about Rambo chasing down a genetically enhanced killer somewhere in the Northeast, or something like that. Then he had an idea about Rambo going after a friend's family at the border. Ultimately, he said where Rambo left off was the best way to end the series, which makes sense.

I didn't hear anthing about another rambo.... I'm glad he's letting that series die. Rambo 4 was a pretty good ending imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom