• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-The Expendables- (Stallone, Jet Li, Statham AND Lundgren)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubledex

Banned
Stallone is preparing his new war-movie "The Expendables".
Story: A team of mercenaries head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator.
Writer: Stallone
Director: Stallone

Cast:

Sylvester Stallone
Jason Statham
Jet Li
Dolph Lundgreen
Randy Couture
Mickey Rourke
Steve Austin
Terry Crews
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Eric Roberts
Charisma Carpenter

+ Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis

Van Damme declined, because he is a fucking idiot.

Why is JCVD not in Expendables, you ask?
That's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pi91K-SGBo#t=55s

Yep, shows again what a fucking asshole Van Damme is.

He was even WORSE in the past (in his... "prime") - I'm sure you all heard about how John Woo said he will never work with Van Damme again - and how Van Damme demanded that Universal give him his own trailer/editing suite to re-edit a version of "Hard Target" infamously known as the Van Damme Cut. This version is near impossible to find, but it does exist - where every scene without Van Damme in it was cut, and there was like tons of gratuitous butt-shots of him. I think the quote he said was "I am the star, people pay to see ME not Lance Henricksen playing piano!!"

Just like Roger Moores biography. He only complains about two people in his whole life, one of his ex wifes and Jean Claude van Damme.

Nice one, van Damme! Having the nerve to make fun of Sly when the Man himself tried to lend a helping hand. Have fun with your DIRECT-TO-DVD bullshit and fuck yourself!

Troidal

Haha, sounds awesome. Though I quite can't picture Jet Li and Statham being mercenaries...they both seem more like the police officer/hitman type of role.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Didn't Dolph retire from acting? I refuse to believe this news without extensive corroboration in the form of Internet Links.

Hive

Banned
bishoptl said:
Didn't Dolph retire from acting? I refuse to believe this news without extensive corroboration in the form of Internet Links.

haha, i love the way you talk

Doubledex

Banned
bishoptl said:
Stallone confirmed it! You can watch the small interview on youtube!!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
All they need is McClane, Apollo, and Matrix to make this the best movie ever.

EVER.

speculawyer said:
Yeah, I'd say those "actors" are pretty expendable.

STFU_and_GTFO.jpg

jax (old)

Banned
Jet Li's mumbly imcomprehensible english ruined:

THE KINGDOM
WAR
DANNY THE DOG
THE ONE
MUMMY 3 (although I think he didn't speak english in this one).

He is the worst hongkong/china import Hollywood has choosen to use. Its been how many years and his english is still fucking atrocious.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Doubledex

Banned
speculawyer said:
Yeah, I'd say those "actors" are pretty expendable.
I would even watch a 1$ budget-movie over an "wannabe" action-movie like "Body of Lies" with a "wannabe action star" DiCaprio and Russell Fato ;-)

Stallone >>> *

Grimlock

LuCkymoON said:
this...THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!

This, or one of the most monumental failures of action cinema. I'll be optimistic for now.

Jax said:

He is the worst hongkong/china import Hollywood has choosen to use. Its been how many years and his english is still fucking atrocious.

I'm not aware of anyone ever going into a Jet Li movie with an expectation of brilliant soliloquies & great oratory flowing forth like a swollen river in springtime.

Doubledex

Banned
Jax said:

xxxxx
Well, I trust Stallone! Remember LW4! He didn't talk much there. And he was great in it.
Stallone knows what he does, these days :D

Sean

Banned
Fucking awesome cast lined up there. Is Stallone starring in the film too or is he just writing and directing?

Doubledex

Banned
FoneBone said:
What? We're talking about Stallone here. He said his upcoming action-movies will all be rated GORE+Violnce yadada :D
Forget it ;-)

Sean said:
Fucking awesome cast lined up there. Is Stallone starring in the film too or is he just writing and directing?
He has the main-role WITH Statham, Jet Li and Lundgren ;-)

The Take Out Bandit said:
He's made like two good movies, and a bunch of shit that's worse than Segals entire direct to DVD catalog. He's an honorary member of Al Qaida due to all the bombs he releases in theaters.
Says the shatae freak.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Son of Godzilla said:
Says the shatae freak.

Well they made two good games: Shatae and Contra 4, which is more manly then those guys filmographies combined...

black_13

Banned
Man even a cameo by Arnold and we got the motherfucking action flick of the forever! This seriously sounds awsome!
Leave it to Stallone to revive the action genre, Fuck yea!!!

Doubledex

Banned
wenis said:
ehh...im not so worried about that.

remember live free or die hard?
that shit rocked my face off and it was pg13.
????
Stallone said his action movie will be rated "Rated R for strong graphic bloody violence, sexual assaults, grisly images and language"
HK-47 said:
Well they made two good games: Shatae and Contra 4, which is more manly then those guys filmographies combined...
lol wut? Stallones action movies >>>> *

One way that this movie could the greatest of all forever would if Stallone's crew was on a rescue mission to
Val Verde
to overthrow a vengeful brother of a slain former dictator and save a captured
John Matrix

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Doubledex said:
????
Stallone said his action movie will be rated "Rated R for strong graphic bloody violence, sexual assaults, grisly images and language"

I was just saying...someone brought up pg13 and I had to remind people that an action movie can be done service with a pg13 rating...because LFDH rocked the collective faces of the masses.

Well I actually thought it was PG-13. That shit has ruined so many movies...

Glad to hear it's not. Looking forward to movie again.

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome news. I hope hi will cast few more of the all star badasses for cameo roles. Steven Segal, or even Chuck Norris. :D

Tokubetsu

This is it. This is why we're alive and make movies gentlemen. This will be all, end all of action awesomeness. I just came all over my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom