• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-The Expendables- (Stallone, Jet Li, Statham AND Lundgren)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
wenis said:
I was just saying...someone brought up pg13 and I had to remind people that an action movie can be done service with a pg13 rating...because LFDH rocked the collective faces of the masses.

Live Free or Die Hard sucked. Horrible, horrible movie. And a disgrace to the previous 3.

sscrew

Doubledex said:
As it seams, Stallone asked Van Damme to be in the movie and Van Damme declinded!!
WTF! Van Damme does direct-to-DVD-movies and he declined to be in a big-budget-movie?? WTF??
Hopefully he grows a fucking brain and changes his mind.

The cast so far is already awesome. Please add to the awesome JCVD.

Tom_Cody

2j4tzi8.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Night_Trekker said:
This movie is going to rule.

On a related note, I just saw Commando for the first time today :lol

Better late than never. But I'm still disappointed it took you this long. :|

oxrock said:
You're absolutely nuts, Statham fits the mercenary role fine and is totally bad-ass to boot.

If there's one thing Statham can do correctly, it's the "I'm a cold English motherfucker who'll fuck you up" role. Why he was overlooked for that role in Rambo I'll never know.

I got my hopes up for the last Statham/Li flick, but for this, for DOLPH, I will get excited.

and also, please, please Mr. Stallone, no PG-13 bullshit. Pretty please. You cannot have a cast this manly and make them say fuck only once, it will not work and will be a failure of Stallone-bicep level proportions.

industrian

Darklord said:
If they get Samuel L Jackson, this will be the best movie ever.

Add Christopher Lee, Willem Dafoe, Christopher Walken, and Michael Ironside to this and I'll agree.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
We really need an action movie like the 80's and early 90's.
Bring it Stallone ,you can do it!!!:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Darklord said:
If they get Samuel L Jackson, this will be the best movie ever.
I like how you think.

JimiNutz

Banned
bishoptl said:
Didn't Dolph retire from acting? I refuse to believe this news without extensive corroboration in the form of Internet Links.

Retire? When the fuck did he start? :lol
Amazing cast.
Day one, regardless of it's 'quality'

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
So Stallone liked the concept of mercenies so much in the new Rambo movie he's making a movie out of it.

Thats fine by me, If this movie is half as awesome as the new Rambo it'll kick ass.

MidiSurf

Banned
Without Van Damme and Steven Seagal this is nothing... Also it's PG-13 so now it's only waste of action movie actors.

Well I'm glad Van Damme is making Universal Soldier III. It will rock while this movie will suck.

Lakitu

st5fu
MidiSurf said:
Without Van Damme and Steven Seagal this is nothing... Also it's PG-13 so now it's only waste of action movie actors.

Well I'm glad Van Damme is making Universal Soldier III. It will rock while this movie will suck.

It's not PG-13.

Wark

MrHicks said:
van damme you idiot
the fuck did you decline

damn

Yeah, adding Van Damme would make the movie that much better.

What has he been up to lately though? I honestly haven't watched a movie with him it in since the last Universal Soldier movie. Isn't he supposed to be starring in a new Universal Soldier movie?

MidiSurf

Banned
Wark said:
What has he been up to lately though? I honestly haven't watched a movie with him it in since the last Universal Soldier movie. Isn't he supposed to be starring in a new Universal Soldier movie?

He made awesome movie called JCVD (7.9 at imdb) ! Aside that it's been business as usual. Well except In Hell and Until Death were good movies and you should watch them. And yes he is starring in Universal Soldier's prequel.

MidiSurf said:
Without Van Damme and StevenSeagal this is nothing... Also it's PG-13 so now it's only waste of action movie actors.

There's no need for an overweight, washed-up, former action star who runs like a girl.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the thread title was making fun of the status of Jet Li and Statham as actors. I was surprised that it was the title of an upcoming movie with them in it! At least it is fitting.

Wark

MidiSurf said:
He made awesome movie called JCVD (7.9 at imdb) ! Aside that it's been business as usual. Well except In Hell and Until Death were good movies and you should watch them. And yes he is starring in Universal Soldier's prequel.

I'll definitely have to check those out then.

mosaic

go eat paint
It would be awesome if Stallone and Lundgren played Rocky and Drago in this film, while Statham and Li reprised their roles from The One or War.

While we're being silly, do we know if he asked Stephen Seagal or Jeff Speakman to be in it? I mean, c'mon, Speakman IS the perfect weapon.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
This movie lost me at PG-13 (Rambo was amazing in its levels of violence, it was both stupid and brilliant at the same time), but got me back Lundgren (I will break him).

It's not PG-13. Why do people keep repeating this?

industrian

I wonder if Vin Diesel has been invited to this movie yet, and I wonder what GAF's reaction to him is.

NimbusD said:
Being half-serious. I wouldn't mind him in the movie I don't get the hate, he's certainly better than Jason Statham

I don't get the hate surrounding Jason Statham. He's a good actor (Lock Stock, Snatch = awesome), but he's made his money playing "Bald English Tough Guy" in Hollywood so that's what he's known most for and that's where the hate comes from I guess.

Doubledex

Banned
NimbusD said:
This movie needs The Rock
lol no!
HyperZone<3 said:
and also, please, please Mr. Stallone, no PG-13 bullshit.
As you can read it in this thread (maybe 5 times) it is: "Rated R"
MidiSurf said:

Do you even read this thread? It's Rated R "for strong graphic bloody violence, sexual assaults, grisly images and language"

UniSol III will suck monkeyass like every other UniSol after Part 1

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
This movie lost me at PG-13
....... you can read, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom