• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expendables 2 - (August 17, 2012) Info & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Stallone's interview the best because yeah, it is a "minor miracle" they got all these folks together

I was REALLY dissapointed by the first film but i really wanna believe I this one

dvdjamm

tumblr_m8e88iLmko1ryc1uqo1_r1_500.gif

Sorry for my ignorance...Is Van Damme fighting Jet Li at all in the movie?

RC

Banned
Made my friend watch the first movie last night. Now she's almost as hyped as I'am for the sequel. Of course I'm already calling it the movie of the decade.

Liked Stallone's interview the best because yeah, it is a "minor miracle" they got all these folks together

I was REALLY dissapointed by the first film but i really wanna believe I this one

It definitely is...I just don't like him being so down on the idea of getting everyone together is something that will never happen again.

I don't know but my little nephew told me the plot for the story is that
Jet Li dies, so the team is getting revenge for him.
Don't know how accurate it is though.

That's one rumor..the other rumor is that
Mickey Rourke is the one who dies..which would have to be told to us since he's not in the movie at all.

Ultima_5

just saw this and Jackie Chan said he was ALMOST in Expendables 2! but was filming Chinese Zodiac and couldn't fit it in.

http://www.geeknation.com/blog/videos/sdcc-cz12-chinese-zodiac-jackie-chan/

... he did say he would love to work with Stallone as he loves him. So theres hope!

yeeeeeeessss

The point is that "I'm back!"

;P

I hope the movie is good and is successful so there will be an Exp 3 :D

Pretty sure they said they're already working on the next one...

Which should certainly have jackie... atleast in a cameo role. Isn't he friends w/ stallone in real life?

yeeeeeeessss

Pretty sure they said they're already working on the next one...

Which should certainly have jackie... atleast in a cameo role. Isn't he friends w/ stallone in real life?

I can imagine it being postponed (it was rumored to start filming in the fall) because of Sage Stallone's death.

Sean

Banned
The CG doesn't look that great, but so what? We only see the copter for like ten seconds before they blow it up with a flying motorcycle.

And if that's the kind of movie Expendables 2 is gonna be, I say fuck yeah.

That's one rumor..the other rumor is that
Mickey Rourke is the one who dies..which would have to be told to us since he's not in the movie at all.

I read on another site a few days ago that
Liam Hemsworth's character is the one who is killed
. So who knows.

Remember when the building collapsed behind Terry Crews in the first one?

I felt that was nearly just as bad as the knife part.

Yes, that was so bad they removed it from the Director's Cut entirely. I remember Stallone lamenting the bad CGI from the first movie on Twitter, and folks working on this movie have stated multiple times how cool it was to work on a film where the most of the stunts and action were real and not CGI, so I am hopeful. That said, the awful effects in the first film didn't ruin it for me, so I doubt they'll ruin this one either.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some of it looks good, some of it looks terrible. The first one was just a big waste, so I just don't know how to feel anymore.

It can't be as shitty and disappointing as the first one. It wasn't even the best action movie of that weekend, must 'lest the ever

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Some of it looks good, some of it looks terrible. The first one was just a big waste, so I just don't know how to feel anymore.

See, I love the first one. I own it on blu-ray and still find it an awesome action movie that I thoroughly enjoy. Maybe these kinds of movies just aren't for you? If you didn't like the first one then you probably won't care for this one either, as it's going to be more of the same I'd think. Which is a good thing in my opinion, but you probably won't like it.

Zyzyxxz

Come one who is watching this for the plot? This is just an excuse to see the manliest actors all in one motion film, when was the last time something of this scale was done?

*I don't know shit about history movies so go ahead and school me*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom