• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-The Expendables- (Stallone, Jet Li, Statham AND Lundgren)

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist

Banned
Jesus Carbomb said:
This post made me dig up Jack Bauer's kill count and.... it's listed at 266. Source.

1 character, 266 kills. Jack is a total badass.

Dude needs to be in the sequel.
Bauer is an douche character, he would perfectly fit in with some of these guys.

irfan said:
Bauer is an douche character, he would perfectly fit in with some of these guys.

17uurq.jpg

As if this guy wasn't such a douche in The Depaahted? Or Body of Lies?

adamsappel said:
I saw this poster in the theater and was shocked at how bad it is.

O0Qf4.jpg

Is that supposed to be Bruce Willis on the right? It doesn't look like him at all. I know there's also some 'shopped perspective, since Stallone is actually much shorter than many of his co-stars.

Some?! Jet Li is 5'5" and Doph Lungdren is 6'5" yet they look only a couple inches apart. There was ALOT of shopping

LM4sure

Banned
I saw the movie last night, and wow, what a piece of shit this was. I was hoping for an 80's action movie throwback. That is not what I got.

The editing was fucking terrible, as was the story, acting...well pretty much everything about the film was awful. Mickey Rourke's story about how he let the girl jump off the bridge...wtf was that shit? And then how he looks at himself in the mirror I guess to say he never forgave himself. :lol Terrible, terrible acting and direction.

The girl in the film was beat up too. That's the best they could get?

Ugh...this movie sucked. Hoping Machete does the cheesy action film a bit better.

Yea, saw this yesterday, not a good movie in most ways. Terrible writing, poorly contrived, shitty story, miserable acting. The action was pretty decent
DUDE GOT HIS HEAD CHOPPED OFF
but there wasn't enough of it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sean said:
Stallone has joined Twitter @TheSlyStallone and is tweeting a bunch of Expendables stuff (including sequel ideas):

SLY said:
I don't mind getting hurt, it's part of the job..please,. remember that, j claude..

SLY said:
EXPENDABLES still blasting away. Thank you. Need a shoulder operation in two weeks. Another souvenir. No pain no gain. Remember that, Claude
OH SNAP!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Awesome film.
The Bruce Willis, Arnold and Sly scene was fucking ACE.
I got teary-eyed watching that shit.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Van Damme and Chuck Norris on the same team isn't fair.

Fine. Kick Norris out! Did you guys see Universal Soldier: Regeneration? Shite story/acting as usual. But hoooly shit the Dammester rocked it. His fight with Lundgren was boss as was his knifespree.

123rl

I loved this film. I was promised a ridiculous OTT action film with an ensemble cast and that's what I got. I'm so looking forward to the Bluray release. It's going to rip a hole in my subwoofer!

Jamesfrom818 said:
I hope Expendables 2 features Arnold's team of Gerard Butler, Chuck Norris, Liam Neeson, Jackie Chan, and Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

It just needs to have Arnold in a co-starring role. A true Stallone/Arnold action flick has yet to happen and they're both borderline too old as it is. If they wait much longer it may never happen.

GONz

WOW what a movie... Okay, acting is bad, one-liners are cheesy, story is paper-thin, but who cares ??? Just reduce the camera shaking for the sequel and I'll be there fucking day 01, whatever happens (couldn't day 1 this one due to schedule yadda yadda).

I loved this movie, I thought Rambo would be hard to top in the action department but this went WAYYYY over it. I see some of the people who don't like it and wonder if we saw the same movie.

Space A Cobra said:
It just needs to have Arnold in a co-starring role. A true Stallone/Arnold action flick has yet to happen and they're both borderline too old as it is. If they wait much longer it may never happen.

I always thought they would make a great buddy cop film as two "old for this shit" types.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BADAAAAAASSSSSSSS

this is what every action movie needs from here on

-pumping the bad guys full of bullets, not just one or two shoots but im talking BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM.

-awesome throws

-that fucking gun

kaz2y5

Banned
Hate to bump an old post but have to say, The Expendables was a letdown for me, mainly in the writing and direction! It seems they ran out of a climax and threw everything into it (plus Jet Li's fight with Lundgren was crap and Mickey Rourke wearing a bad case of blue lipstick, didn't add any real value). The only action man who really brought in his A-game was Statham and maybe Austin.

They billed it as a comeback of 80s action stars with today's talent. That being the case, why didn't Sly get Michael Dudikoff from the American Ninja franchise? Hey, don't laugh, those were the good old days! And what about Silent Rage himself, Chuck Norris?? I do love Stallone, but think he was in over his head (which may explain why he probably won't be helming the sequel and has got someone else to write the screenplay?)

Steven Segal knew what he was doing when he signed on for Machete (and proved he had a great sense of humour too!) Plus, it was the far better movie and had its tongue firmly in cheek.

Valhalla

Banned
I really liked this movie..having grown up on rambo and the cheezy arnold action movies, and all the glorious other 80s action..

This movie fit me perfectly...I even liked the one liners, they made me laugh, everything about this movie i liked. The MMA, the guns, the everything.

Will def. watch the second one, though im not expecting much simply because sequels dont turn out that great that often.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Alright I have to admit that when I saw the previews for this movie I thought it looked kinda cheesy but i just finished watching it and holy shit this movie was fucking awesome. The last 30 minutes are pretty much non stop action! Can't wait for Expendables 2 now that's for sure.

Dega said:
Alright I have to admit that when I saw the previews for this movie I thought it looked kinda cheesy but i just finished watching it and holy shit this movie was fucking awesome. The last 30 minutes are pretty much non stop action! Can't wait for Expendables 2 now that's for sure.

It is an underrated movie that will grow in stature over the years.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Definitely, I didn't really have a problem with the acting or anything really. I loved every minute of it to be honest. :D

daviyoung said:
Good. He didn't really fit well into the original.

yeah he talked way too much for a guy who had like 5 lines total in his entire hollywood career.

Movie was kinda boring but when the action got going it got going. Highlight was Jason Statham wrecking people with his knife.

jacky chan should have been in this instead of jet li and The rock some how lol. Last movie was very awesome hope this would be same and more.

Unfortunately Hollywood still doesn't know what to do with HK action stars. Not to say I didn't appreciate Li and Daniels in Expendables. They inevitably played off each other well in the HK tradition, but even if they were to cast Jacky Chan or Donnie Yen they'd be only for novelty sake and similarly wasted.

Here's to hoping if they cast Jacky or Donnie they also cast another HK staple evil Caucasian like Ken Norton or Cynthia Rothrock to play opposite them. There are some new evil Caucasians in HK stuff, but lets please stick with the legends here. :D

Somewhat related This has been running a ton of Walter Hill movies lately. One night I go to bed and Another 48 Hours in on, the next day Red Heat is on. Needless to say I'm suitably excited once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom