• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expendables 2 - (August 17, 2012) Info & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Hehe...

30b88.jpg

Man, I'm kinda tempted to see this one. I grew up watch all this crummy JCVD action movies as a kid, along with all those awesome Arnold, Statham, Stallone movies, lol. But goddamn, the last movie was so bad. SOOO bad. Please tell me they're not doing that rapid-fire editing and cutting Michael Bay shit this time.

Man, I'm kinda tempted to see this one. I grew up watch all this crummy JCVD action movies as a kid, along with all those awesome Arnold, Statham, Stallone movies, lol. But goddamn, the last movie was so bad. SOOO bad. Please tell me they're not doing that rapid-fire editing and cutting Michael Bay shit this time.

Simon West is directing, and by all indications Stallone was kind of a ghost director. I think the problems of the first movie have been corrected.

Actually, Chuck Norris is now a religious man. I spoke with him when he was making the rounds in Iraq. He told us about the closest he had come to dying (stunt involving a helicopter) and how he was once religious back in the day but had lost faith from Hollywood and the glamour of it all. I talked to him briefly about the Chuck Norris jokes and he was a great sport about it, though he didn't care much for the more lewd and extreme versions. He was pretty cool, but a lot smaller than I expected. I didn't tell him that because I'm sure he would have killed me.

The directors cut of Expendables is much better as the editing on the action isn't as quick and you see the action better. The movie still has the problem of being full of really bad dialgoue with failed attempts at humor. Only Terry Crews really had any interesting lines in the movie (which the directors cut puts back in some more).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The directors cut of Expendables is much better as the editing on the action isn't as quick and you see the action better. The movie still has the problem of being full of really bad dialgoue with failed attempts at humor. Only Terry Crews really had any interesting lines in the movie (which the directors cut puts back in some more).

I got both versions, and I have to say, the Director's Cut almost feels like an entirely different movie due to the change in tone, longer running time, and more fleshed out characters. I recommend it a lot more than the initial cut.

I agree with the posters above.
Everything about the director's cut is better....except..they re-scored the final action set piece with that generic rock song from the trailers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still looks good. Hype as fuck. Cannot wait.

strafer

Hmm.

"They wanted me to be in 'Expendables 2' but I just didn't feel the role clicked. I was flattered that I was approached by the producers but I just didn't see the role they asked me to do being that intriguing. I didn't really want to do it but I'm open for anything. Doing a movie is a stressful thing. You spend months of you life focusing into that one project and I want to make sure I do something I really like or I'm really passionate about."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92291

strafer

Attention all Comic-Con attendees: The Expendables 2 panel, featuring a massive menagerie of ass-kicking megastars, will take command of Hall H tomorrow at 4:45pm. Don't miss it!

Holy shit.

Sean

Banned
Expendables 2 Comic-Con Panel is going on now, comingsoon.net is doing a live blog:

Lundgren is saying that, one time, he punched Sly so hard that he had to go to the hospital

"The more injured I get on a film, the better it does," says Sly. "Hopefully I'll get beheaded in the next movie."

Sly says that the climax is so incredible that he doesn't know if there will be anything like it ever again.

A Jedi knight is asking, "Is there room for a Jedi in EXPENDABLES 3?" Sly says absolutely.

http://www.geeknation.com/blog/videos/sdcc-the-expendables-2-real-american-heroes/

Full video of the comic con panel. They killed it up there..Man tears at seeing Arnold and Sly sitting with each other, busting each others balls.
Awesome, thanks for posting.
FYI..runtime is 1 hour 42 minutes. Source is http://www.expendablespremiere.com/
Perfect runtime for something like this. Stallone used my favorite word in that comic panel..momentum. Keep this thing lean and moving.
Sounds nice and lean. Wonder how much is end credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom