• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expendables 2 - (August 17, 2012) Info & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHicks

Banned
budget wise how the hell can stallone get this huge cast together without a huuuuge budget?
arnold and stallone alone get like 15+mill a movie?

and thats just 2
......how

Carbonox

Watching that panel, I feel like I need to go train in the Russian mountains for a few months before I'm worthy of watching Expendables 2 with all my favourite guys being together.

ReaperXL7

budget wise how the hell can stallone get this huge cast together without a huuuuge budget?

and thats just 2
......how

well you have to remember that alot of these guys are buddies anyway, also alot of them don't exactly do alot of acting these days so this was probably a good oppritunity for them to do another big flick that will get a good amount of attention.

For this type of movie the talent you get is important, and the more of these guys you add the more chance you have of getting larger amount of people interested. I don't really care how he did it, i'm just glad he did it.

smr00

Banned

and thats just 2
......how
Friends? Stallone probably cut his salary in half to get some of the actors and it wouldn't be the first time an actor gave up his/her salary or half of it to get another bigger actor on the film (like keanu with with pacino in devils advocate)

Just because an actor gets 15 mill a film doesn't mean that actor got 15 mill for this, a lot of big actors who bring in 10+ mill a flick take 80% cuts to be in indie films, not everyone gives a shit about money.

Hearing that Terry Crews pushes a guys head into a horse drawn hay cart and knocks over both the cart and horse has inspired me to do some extra reps today.

Replicant

Is Jet Li a chop liver in this film? I barely see any promotion featuring his character except for his name as the 3rd largest billing.

CREMSteve

Is Jet Li a chop liver in this film? I barely see any promotion featuring his character except for his name as the 3rd largest billing.

Well considering all he did in the first film was get his ass kicked... maybe if he was the Lethal Weapon 4 badass, he'd get more attention.

and thats just 2
......how

Seeing how most of the other cast besides Arnold is doing direct to video stuff, they likely didn't require huge budget for salaries of these folks. JCVD, Lundgren, Norris don't command huge money. Li has not done that well box office wise and nowadays probably doesn't bring in much. Willis and Arnold likely did it on the cheap for a friend... and really Willis seems to do a bit of everything, even lower budget films.

Accidentally caught the last five seconds of a commercial during Breaking Bad and had what is most assuredly the best line of the movie spoiled for me. Son of a bitch.

just saw this and Jackie Chan said he was ALMOST in Expendables 2! but was filming Chinese Zodiac and couldn't fit it in.

http://www.geeknation.com/blog/videos/sdcc-cz12-chinese-zodiac-jackie-chan/

... he did say he would love to work with Stallone as he loves him. So theres hope!

What?! asfdjkla;sdfjkla;!

So close, it feels incomplete without at least a guest cameo from Jackie.
Clip from the airport scene.

So badass.

http://vimeo.com/45800295

AWESOME!

strafer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92966

There was some concern from the fans that Lionsgate would be going for a PG-13 rating for The Expendables 2. They've got nothing to worry about, however, as the August 17 release has just officially been rated R for strong violence, language and brief sexuality. The first film was rated R for strong action and bloody violence throughout, and for some language.

Thank you based rating system.

Posted?

The-Expendables-2-Last-Supper-poster-600x285.jpg

http://collider.com/expendables-2-last-supper-poster/186022/

There's a hi-res version in the link.

Mr. T will be in Expendables 3. I just know it, even if it's just a cameo where he does no violence.

I was the first to point this out the second the first real trailer came out, but in one of the first trailers, they're driving an armored van thing. And on the front of it, it says "Bad Attitude," and on the back of it it says "Coming soon."

Bad Attitude
Coming Soon
BA
Coming Soon

HOW COME I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO NOTICE THIS GODDAMMIT

I'm not sure if anyone else in this thread noticed it, but no one else I knew did, and it pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom