• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expendables 2 - (August 17, 2012) Info & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Terry Crews with AA-12 shotgun, the real reason you will see this movie:

expendables2-8.jpeg

Didn't know a trailer was coming so soon, can't wait to see it.

REMEMBER THIS SHIT AT CHRISTMAS!

Never knew what the hell that meant.

JdFoX187

Banned
REMEMBER THIS SHIT AT CHRISTMAS!

Never knew what the hell that meant.
He saved their asses, if it's the scene I'm thinking of. Remember that at Christmas when it's the season of giving. I.E. he wants to some good presents since he saved their asses.

BY2K

Membero Americo
He saved their asses, if it's the scene I'm thinking of. Remember that at Christmas when it's the season of giving. I.E. he wants to some good presents since he saved their asses.

I thought he was talking to the guys that he just killed.

MNC

I can enjoy this movie if the shakeycam isn't as bad as in the first. It almost made me nauseaus.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Kinda weird that they used a scene from Expendables 1 for Jet Li. He's not on the poster either (though neither is Couture).

I think he's just doing very little shooting in this movie, and may not have started. He's only filming in the China portion of the film.

Yep.

I like it more than the Theatrical.

Agreed, The Extended cut is a much better film.
BUT, there are two huge issues with it.....

1) During the courtyard fight at the end they removed the score and put in that generic late 90's-ish rock song from the trailer.

2) They took out Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town" during the end credits and put in the same song I mentioned above.

Otherwise all the insert shots, and extended dialogue is great, especially Dolph's viking talk.
Little things that I questioned are explained too..like how did Dolph get to the island..and how come Couture got shot and seems okay.

Zyzyxxz

Why can't Jet Li be on the poster but no-name Asian actress does?

Typical Hollywood, but I can't complain too much since I will watch for Terry Crews + AA12 pwnage again.

okdakor

Is Chuck Norris to blame for a PG-13 rating ?

In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. Fot this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But i don't play in movies like this. Due to that i said i won't be a part of that if the hardcore language is not ereased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13.

Is Chuck Norris to blame for a PG-13 rating ?

In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. Fot this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But i don't play in movies like this. Due to that i said i won't be a part of that if the hardcore language is not ereased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13.

Just more fuel for the fires of my Chuck "Cracker Ass" Norris hate.

dvdjamm

Sly Stallone confirms PG-13 Rating
Due to Chuck Norris not liking naughty words, rumors were flung around today that Simon West‘s The Expendables 2 would have to be PG-13 in order for the Walker, Texas Ranger to star. Turns out it was completely true, as Sylvester Stallone caught up with AICN to give a final answer. Check it out below.
Harry, the film is fantastic with Van Damme turning in an inspired performance… Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry…Sly

If a sequel to The Expendables was worth caring about, what does it matter if it was PG-13? If it means the mountains of cheesy, fake blood are cut and the ridiculously hammy and forced machismo elements are toned down, then by all means. Add in how much the PG-13 rating gets away with these days, and I’m sure fans have much more than the MPAA decision to be worried about when it comes to another possibly tedious outing with this group. I’m already getting flashbacks of when the crew said how much the first film “delivers on every level,” before we actually saw the finally product.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/slyvester-stallone-confirms-the-expendables-2-will-be-pg-13/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom