• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

Golden http://wtf1.co.uk/safety-first-hrt-f1-team-secure-durex-sponsorship/

3s4ks.jpg

7KD91.jpg
Oh my.

HRT and Durex, together proving coming last is a good thing.

Lotus are confident

"It would be nice to have a straightforward race with no penalties, and no crashes from Romain after the first couple of corners," Permane told AUTOSPORT.

"I think it is McLaren and Red Bull Racing at the front, and then I think we are there. I know Mercedes were third on the grid in Malaysia, but their race pace is nothing special.

"And although Ferrari did a great job in the race in Malaysia, if they are going to be qualifying 10th or 12th, while we are third and fifth and a second ahead of them in qualifying, it is going to make a difference.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I think they are right to be confident about their pace.
Mercedes have shown no race pace at all and Ferrari aren't that fast in the dry.

If both drivers can last more than 3 laps (Grosjean) then they can rack up some serious points and potential podiums.

I think they are right to be confident about their pace.
Mercedes have shown no race pace at all and Ferrari aren't that fast in the dry.

If both drivers can last more than 3 laps (Grosjean) then they can rack up some serious points and potential podiums.

I think the Ferrari race pace is fine. it was actually approx 0.2 tenths faster than the Lotus in pre-season testing (I remember comparing Alonso and Kimi long runs).

But as Permane said, if they keep qualifying bad they are not a threat. Just look at Kimi in Melbourne and more evidently in Sepang. He clearly had the pace but his quali position hindered him

Chris R

For now, at least.

Can't honestly believe they will race there after what went on last year, but I guess Bernie needs his money.

good luck with that, why the fuck would he leave a team like mclaren to join ferrari.

thats like asking kobe bryant to play for the timberwolves.

hilarious.

Do the Timberwolves have 16 NBA championships? Because Ferrari has 16 constructor's championships. Just saying some teams have a certain allure to them that they earn by being successful in the sport for a long period of time.

Nah I've reached my limit of money I'll put on F1 this year already when Ferarri were 33:1 for championship, haha.

I'll just take your word and quote it in mockery when you're wrong ;) I'm sure someone else will take up that bet though!

Ark

oh plz not this.. can we plz stay away from politics? no disrespect but I come here to have fun not to talk about heartbreaking stuff

Formula 1 revolves around politics.

As far as I'm concerned, regardless of what the media say, the circus shouldn't return to Bahrain until it's plainly obvious there's no problems at all.

Lucius86

Banned
Formula 1 revolves around politics.

As far as I'm concerned, regardless of what the media say, the circus shouldn't return to Bahrain until it's plainly obvious there's no problems at all.

Have to entirely agree. But that's just my opinion.

smiggyRT

If you don't go to Bahrain is not a bit hypocritical to then go to China? I mean, the reasons for not going to Bahrain apply to China.

Protesters in Bahrain continue to push for democratic reforms in the country, and police have stepped up a brutal crackdown ahead of the upcoming Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix. Last year, unrest forced F1 to cancel the race, but Bernie Ecclestone, president and CEO of the series, has said that won't happen in 2012. Protestors have turned their ire against F1 organizers, saying the race belittles the strife and sacrifices of those working toward democracy. In an attempt to quell the demonstrations, plainclothes police have reportedly responded with violence. Crowds have faced tear gas and rubber bullets as well as live rounds. At least one protestor died in the fray.

The movement has rallied around the death. Twitter has played host to a campaign to cancel the race with the hashtags #BloodyF1 and #NoF1 gaining popularity. One video commentator said, "Do not tarnish the reputation of the respected auto sport with the blood of Bahrain victims."

Bahrain is currently controlled by the Sunni Al-Khalifa dynasty.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/02/f1-protests-in-bahrain-take-fatal-turn/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom