• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look Thread 2

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
zoner said:
Don't know why they wouldn't. They'll probably make it TNT since there's nothing else coming out that week.

Ryan was trying to get Jaffe to come on for TNT but I don't know if they ever made plans.

Rapstah

Where should I turn to convince Jeff's band to get on Rock Band Network? Their songs would be terrible and that would be amazing.

derFeef

I don't even mind Patrick. I thought this quicklook was kind of annoying because it just seemed like Brad was playing poorly and blaming the game.

Internet comments both valid and moronic come with the territory of putting video of yourself out there, and the stuff in here is mild compared to your average internet response, or even the comments on giant bomb themselves.

The game is to blame here. I don't know if you have played dead island, but if you are getting hit by those infected, you can't do almost nothing. So if 3 or more attack you and you have no room to manuever and the kick is taking away stamina that much - you are boned. The constant spawning is terrible as well.

So sad the devs can't see the good points of the game because they seem to have compressed all the bad things into this DLC.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't really see where the Patrick dislike is coming from. He seems pretty nice, or perhaps he's endeared himself to me throughout the Chrono Trigger ER.

As for Brad, I like to believe that he plays games better when he's on his own or is able to concentrate better on them. He seems like a good guy on top of that too.

Ozone

Where should I turn to convince Jeff's band to get on Rock Band Network? Their songs would be terrible and that would be amazing.
Tell him to come talk to me. After "Found Me the Bomb", I've been looking to do more songs with Whiskey Media.

Ozone

Cop Knife would be the greatest Rock Band song of all time.
Not sure the condition of the masters for their older stuff, but the other half of Midnight Brown recently tweeted a pic of the Pro Tools session for their latest album. Nag Jeff enough to email me at rbn@theozoneradio.com and I'll do any songs he has available.

I have lots of other work on my plate, but helping out the Whiskey crew do stupid shit is always moved to the top.

Mechazawa

So, as someone who's never played Dead Island, that Dead Island QL made me legitimately mad. Like, "thank christ the most I've ever funded Techland was a single dollar" levels of mad.

And you can't even blame Brad on the shit play because he already put a ton of time into the base game.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Nothing annoyed me more than the Infected when playing Dead Island, worst bloody enemy ever.

They do insane damage, can stun lock you and worst of all they often send about 3+ at the same time

So, as someone who's never played Dead Island, that Dead Island QL made me legitimately mad. Like, "thank christ the most I've ever funded Techland was a single dollar" levels of mad.
I mean, I had seen footage from the other times they played, but this just looks HORRIBLE. I can't believe they even managed to play 30 minutes on it.

edit: Ah, they changed modes.

Gagaman

Any Kinect QL is guaranteed to be entertaining for all the right/wrong reasons. The Motion Sports QL is legendary.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-motion-sports/17-3469/

"Rider meet horse. Horse meet rider."

Not sure why but I decided to make a (crudely) animated tribute to this.

6v6sS.gif

I watched the Tony Hawk: Shred QL for the first time last night.

Holy fucking SHIT is invisible Vinny awesome. That's probably my new favourite QL ever. So funny.

Go watch it if you haven't seen it.

Wunder

Man, I'd love to love Patrick, but everything he does makes me dislike him more and more. Sen-sigh? Super Mighty Force? =[

The comparisons to Punch Out seem apt but Punch Out also has racist stereotype characters with a lot personality to them. If you're fighting generic samurai dudes for a while until the one interesting looking boss shows up, well that's kind of disappointing. I like the art style, but jesus the jaggies and the textures.

The comparisons to Punch Out seem apt but Punch Out also has racist stereotype characters with a lot personality to them. If you're fighting generic samurai dudes for a while until the one interesting looking boss shows up, well that's kind of disappointing. I like the art style, but jesus the jaggies and the textures.

*Soul searing Kengo flashbacks* O__o

Wayforward needs to make a game called Super Mighty Force now just to fuck with Patrick.

It will star Sensei Oregon (pronounced Sen-sigh Ore-gone).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's weird, because when I saw Sakura Samurai the first thing I thought was that it was an Infinity Blade clone.

Also, with all these eShop games, I feel like they need to bring back the Nintendownload-Xpress again!

NewFresh

It's weird, because when I saw Sakura Samurai the first thing I thought was that it was an Infinity Blade clone.

Also, with all these eShop games, I feel like they need to bring back the Nintendownload-Xpress again!

I loved NDX but they ran that joke into the ground.

Top Bottom