• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look Thread 2

Not that I even plan on getting puddle but it would be disappointing if the last level doesn't end up with coffee again like they suggested. Seems like that would be an awesome way to end that game.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm fairly sure they posted a Quick Look of Final Fantasy III DS at some point. Any got the link? The search on Giant Bomb isn't showing anying

Not having a good sense of speed in space fighters always bugged me too. It's one thing, like they said, where you're close to a ship or something to give you a point of reference, but just flying out in the vacuum loses so much.

Surprisingly good looking game for $10.

Alphahawk

I'm kinda weirded out that they didn't choreograph Y.M.C.A right. I mean why include it if you're just going to half ass it?

jediyoshi

Quick Look: Rhythm Party (Ryan/Dave) (10:19)

Ryan and Dave playing Kinect. Weird.
videogamesxgj9u.gif

Not having a good sense of speed in space fighters always bugged me too. It's one thing, like they said, where you're close to a ship or something to give you a point of reference, but just flying out in the vacuum loses so much.

Surprisingly good looking game for $10.

That's a problem with most flight games as well. Last flight game was probably that afterburner game a while back that had a proper sense of speed.

More Dave is always a good thing! Always enjoy Quick Looks with him (and Vinny, who's been MIA way too much) because of the energy and positive attitude they bring. Always looks like they're having fun.

Brashnir

I'm kinda weirded out that they didn't choreograph Y.M.C.A right. I mean why include it if you're just going to half ass it?

It looked to me that if you did it right, it would have taken it.

Does the game have a two-player mode? If so, gif opportunity lost.

Went back and watched the Sakura Samurai and Mutant Mudds QLs. Both look like really solid releases, way more than I expect to see from games released on the service. Hopefully Nintendo keep leveraging their second-parties in a good manner and keep up a steady stream of decent games for the e-shop- that should give third-parties enough motive to keep making stuff too.

Haunted

When's the Vinny + Brad Shenmue Endurance Run going to start?

edit: oh shit, wanted to post this in the other GB thread, had the wrong tab open.

The only Endurance Run related thing I want in the future is Vinny and Jeff to do a QL of Persona 4: The Golden when it comes out, pretending it is something mysterious thing they have never heard about.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The only Endurance Run related thing I want in the future is Vinny and Jeff to do a QL of Persona 4: The Golden when it comes out, pretending it is something mysterious thing they have never heard about.

at the very least I'm hoping for a Devil Survivor 2 QL this month with Jeff/Vinny

Dizzy-4U

Finally back from my short vacation. A week without GB felt like an eternity. Time to catch up with the good stuff!

Curufinwe

Brad & Patrick should do it instead. It'd be nice for them to actually play a good, modern JRPG.

ArjanN

I kind of feel the Persona endurance run was good mostly because they don't really play jRPGs. I doubt another Persona game would have the same impact on them.

LCfiner

Looks great. Shame about the length, but it seems like a quality game.

Man, Jeff is so methodical sometimes.

His "decent 60 hour game, awesome 25 hour game" comment is very poignant.

I haven't seen the QL yet but that kind of thing may have just sold me on the game. I'm not a completionist so I may end up enjoying Reckoning quite a bit. I suppose at this point it all depends on how I feel about the combat and writing.

edit: oh wait... is this a 60 hour game that can't be played in 25 hours? did I misinterpret the comment?

DaBuddaDa

His "decent 60 hour game, awesome 25 hour game" comment is very poignant.

It's definitely true. It's why Bastion left such an impression: it didn't overstay its welcome, constantly introduced you to new weapons and ended right when everything coalesced and climaxed. It made you want more and rewarded you with new game + as soon as you finished it. Something like Amalur or Skyrim drags on and on, becomes repetitive and makes you want to clear everything out of your quest log, not because it's fun but because you need to placate your insatiable OCD.

Completionism, aka "Caravella's Disease," can truly be a gamer's self-inflicted curse.

Top Bottom