• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectus

Sinatar said:
Killzone 2: 5:46

They have the most awesome way of getting around the 3 minute footage embargo. :lol
That was so awesome :lol

Giantbomb should do that for all quick looks, even if they don't have get around weird 3 minute embargoes.

Struct09

OK, I'm on board. These Quick Looks are clever, I really enjoyed the Burnout and Killzone ones.

In a post 1upocaltypic world I'm starting to really dig what Giant Bomb is doing.

Doytch

I never play JRPGs, FFIV is the only one I've ever finished, and I kinda want to play Valkyria Chronicles. Are there any plans for a 360 port?

zig

Blast Processing said:
Thanks, Giant Bomb, you guys just sold me on Valkyria Chronicles.:D
I found that one terribly boring. No offense Brad and the other guy.. but you're no Jeff and Ryan.

It is kind of like Kotaku's videopodcasts except with more emphisis on the previewing aspect. I like the more raw footage if you will instead of simply taking random vertical slices of the game...

Viperbah

Doytch said:
I never play JRPGs, FFIV is the only one I've ever finished, and I kinda want to play Valkyria Chronicles. Are there any plans for a 360 port?

It's an awesome game, really unique....and haven’t heard anything about being ported to 360, kina doubt that it will be but who knows.

But back on topic-yes, giant bomb is awesome

Man Persona4 looks so freakin good. It pains me that I don't have a machine that can play it right now.

Why don't they port this to the Wii or PSP

PuppetMaster said:
Man Persona4 looks so freakin good. It pains me that I don't have a machine that can play it right now.

Why don't they port this to the Wii or PSP

Because it's already perfect on ps2 :)

Darklord

Banned
I hate JRPG's but the persona 4 video is great. I love the commentary. The dialog in that game is so bad.:lol

Edit: The ending of the first part is hilarious.:lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
haha, that persona feature is great. Why does a rpg today still use that narration style, that's so old school. Like Quintet old. damn.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
does the flower quick look spoil anything worth experiencing first-hand? I'm really trying to go into this thing with a blank slate, but I so want to watch it. :( I shouldn't... no....

Brobzoid said:
does the flower quick look spoil anything worth experiencing first-hand? I'm really trying to go into this thing with a blank slate, but I so want to watch it. :( I shouldn't... no....
Just wait one day (or a few hours). :eek:

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Brobzoid said:
Yeah you should ignore it. Flower is the kind of game you want to go into completely fresh.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Alphahawk

They were talking about the Jaguar on the latest bombcast and Jeff said "Ok next quick look: Jaguar." It was obviously a joke, but I would love to see this.

mileS

Quick Looks are great. I'm so glad they are starting to do more and more of them now.

The Flower quick look was :lol

also.. I really need to get Persona 4!

Gowans

Killzone 2s multi looks great. I really hope it encourages voice chat I hate online without good communication.

As for the quicklook the 3min limit on KZ2 footage killed it a bit, the dubbed Jeff was great but the edits and pace made it seem just like any other video preview than what Giant Bombs quick looks have become.

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Gowans007 said:
As for the quicklook the 3min limit on KZ2 footage killed it a bit, the dubbed Jeff was great but the edits and pace made it seem just like any other video preview than what Giant Bombs quick looks have become.

Yeah, it's not my favorite way to cover a game, but I guess I can understand them not wanting people to run off and post video of the entire game or something. Plus, between the article I wrote about the game's multiplayer and the past couple of podcasts, I feel like we've discussed just about everything that I'd cover in one of those Quick Looks.

Besides, not covering Killzone to death leaves me and Vinny more time to play Persona 4.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Additionally, you can still make another quick look later down the line. One that's in the spirit of the series.

Gowans

MonsterDunk said:
Yeah, it's not my favorite way to cover a game, but I guess I can understand them not wanting people to run off and post video of the entire game or something. Plus, between the article I wrote about the game's multiplayer and the past couple of podcasts, I feel like we've discussed just about everything that I'd cover in one of those Quick Looks.

Besides, not covering Killzone to death leaves me and Vinny more time to play Persona 4.

Thanks Jeff, these are really appreciated.

There is something really refreshing about viewing a unedited section of a game along with discussion. I have also checked out a few videos of games I would never have looked at because of this.

It's really the opposite effect of the chopped up action trailers that turn me off and don't give any indication of how you would feel with a game along with a mini podcast over the top and I love them for that.

MonsterDunk said:

8.8? Really?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Darklord said:
I know, it deserved lower.

Get over it.

Edit: Or are you talking about the persona 4 Pt4 video? I just noticed that.:lol
.. dude, Jeff Gerstmann. 8.8. Why so low et cetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom