• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten-Song said:
Also reminds me that I still have some ideas for wiki edits on Giant Bomb that I need to get around to.
Same. I've been thinking of completely rewriting the Persona 3 pages for a while now. :lol

Hawk xSx said:
As much as I love the old rainbow stuff. I gotta say, that new art kicks ass.

This should just be the GiantBombthread...

EDIT: Full image from Source
http://media.giantbomb.com/media/bomb/img/skins/bombcast-s3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol that's cool

RBH

MonsterDunk said:
We ended up ditching it because no one was clicking on it, but yeah, I totally miss it, too. It was neat to see what character pages were getting the most attention and stuff like that. We need to bring it back in some form.
Hey Jeff, is the Giant Bomb crew going to be at X10 in San Fran next week?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dizzy-4U said:
I DEMAND Perfect Dark footage if they go there.
Man I cannot BELIEVE how much every media outlet sucked at last year's E3.

Major Nelson said, "oh yeah we have Perfect Dark at our booth here" and not a single site shot any video footage. None. Not one. Nothing.

Ugh.

Aaron

chubigans said:
Man I cannot BELIEVE how much every media outlet sucked at last year's E3.

Major Nelson said, "oh yeah we have Perfect Dark at our booth here" and not a single site shot any video footage. None. Not one. Nothing.

Ugh.
Because they weren't allowed to shoot it. I don't think MS allowed anything inside their booth to be shot, just the display stuff on the outside. Pretty much everything inside a booth was 'no filming here' with very few exceptions.

Weenerz

Banned
So watching Ryan run around as an Alien in AvP looked like it is totally fun. Get immersed in being stealthy and destroying the stragglers.

Weenerz said:
So watching Ryan run around as an Alien in AvP looked like it is totally fun. Get immersed in being stealthy and destroying the stragglers.

Looks like the beginner class, easy to use but not much depth. In contrast, the Predator looked like it'll take some getting used to. I need to play the demo, curse my shite internet speed.

Green Scar said:
Looks like the beginner class, easy to use but not much depth. In contrast, the Predator looked like it'll take some getting used to. I need to play the demo, curse my shite internet speed.

Pred is the hardest to get used to, yeah.

But Preds rule regardless.

Mayor Haggar said:
Pred is the hardest to get used to, yeah.

But Preds rule regardless.

I think the Quick Look wasn't really enough time to show off the Predator properly. Shame, as he looks really interesting, what with the weapon acquiring and super jumps and all (plus easily the best melee kills). But that visor switching looked like some right bullshit :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Aaron said:
Because they weren't allowed to shoot it. I don't think MS allowed anything inside their booth to be shot, just the display stuff on the outside. Pretty much everything inside a booth was 'no filming here' with very few exceptions.
Well we didn't get any hands on impressions either. Surely they could have said something... ;_;

ArjanN

Green Scar said:
I think the Quick Look wasn't really enough time to show off the Predator properly. Shame, as he looks really interesting, what with the weapon acquiring and super jumps and all (plus easily the best melee kills). But that visor switching looked like some right bullshit :p

It pained me to see Ryan not even use the Predator's focus jump. The visor switching is fine IMO, it's just like the movies, you don't even need the vision modes much really, most of the time you can see the enemies just fine without it. Seems more like a single-player feature, or maybe for very dark maps.

Marines are the beginner class IMO, because they are much more traditonal. The Alien's movement takes much longer to master.

Aaron

chubigans said:
Well we didn't get any hands on impressions either. Surely they could have said something... ;_;
I can't remember this game specifically, but they normally don't let you play anything inside the booth.

Just a heads up, but if you type Bioshock 2 in the video search box it looks like they will be doing a quick look of it very soon. Hopefully we will get one of those weekend surprise quick looks.
1z64e1t.jpg

Darklord

Banned
darkressurection said:
Just a heads up, but if you type Bioshock 2 in the video search box it looks like they will be doing a quick look of it very soon. Hopefully we will get one of those weekend surprise quick looks.
1z64e1t.jpg

How do you get videos to shoe up in search? All I can search for are regular pages.

Jb

darkressurection said:
1z64e1t.jpg

Nice find!
I wonder why they most of the time do QLs for the big releases but sometimes don't (Assassin's creed 2, Mass Effect 2...).

Rlan

That or keep adding numbers to the URl and find upcoming stuff through that :)

the rss feed kind of fucks ip sometimes because of that Darwinia popped up in the list today but i had to scroll to yesterdays stuff in order to find it.

I think they're not updating the time when they set something to "posted" in their app.

Dark Stalkers said:
I like how they were talking about other RPGs during the WKC quick look. :lol

I like how Dave said that he only likes JRPGs with turn based combat, and then praised the Tales series as one of the best JRPG series like two minutes later.:lol

C-Jo

wmat said:
I have zero interest in the game. But I want that Quicklook regardless :p

If Jeff is involved, I'll be expecting lots of of disgusted sighs and "Ugh, why. Why. Why." :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
KuwabaraTheMan said:
I like how Dave said that he only likes JRPGs with turn based combat, and then praised the Tales series as one of the best JRPG series like two minutes later.:lol
Well what he specified was that Vesperia was the best JRPG this generation. And when you consider his complaints of JRPGs and his other comments, I see no conflicting viewpoints. shrug.

Oh thank goodness, the new light layout is awesome.
I can finally see what the eff is going on.

And is that Bombcast thing going to replace the rainbow/clouds one?

hamchan

Just saw White Knight Chronicles quick look. I may get it when it gets cheaper but doesn't look like the game is worth full price to me. Pretty good quick look though!
:lol @Vinny's in game look, Dave not knowing the gender of Vinny in game, Rapacci accent, the karate/Don't rape pose and the flipper hands at the end.

Chris R

Ya I really wanted to go out and grab WKC due to the QL, but no store in town seems to have any more copies of it :( Seems like they only shipped a few not expecting it to sell well or something :|

Ceebs

rhfb said:
Ya I really wanted to go out and grab WKC due to the QL, but no store in town seems to have any more copies of it :( Seems like they only shipped a few not expecting it to sell well or something :|
It made me want to play Temple of Elemental Evil.

KuwabaraTheMan said:

That stuck out to me, too, but that's not what he said. He didn't say "only" and he didn't say Tales was the best JRPG series, he said Tales of Vesperia was his favorite JRPG this gen. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) feel exactly the same way. WKC is not winning me over. I've tried to watch that QL twice and fell asleep both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom