• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hobbit trilogy - News, rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Yes. I'm sure WB begged Jackson to insert all that fat and make sure the pacing flagged because they wanted to inflate the runtime of the film in order to keep the amount of theatrical showings down.

carrie%20homeland%20oct%202013.gif

Oh, and I do have an...interesting idea for the Desolation |OT|, it won't be nearly as extravagant a Dantes' AUJ |OT| since I'll be pressed for time - and it's likely I won't be able to get it up and running exactly on week before the release, but it should be ready by the 13th :)

Yay!! It'll be great no matter what :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Spending a big portion of the day watching The Hobbit EE extra features. Getting pumped for DoS!

Oh, bought my midnight ticket to HFR 4K 3D showing near me too!

I have to say the HFR theater options are dramatically scaled back this time, in line with recent reports i've read online. Thankfully one of them is just down the road.

kazebyaka

Banned
Oh thank GOODNESS for that shorter run time. I thought the Hobbit really dragged, you could tell they padded the hell out of that film. I loved the film but talk about some serious padding.
i thought Hobbit needed more run time. It felt too fast and short for it's own good.

Not sure if it's true, but I heard all the press screenings will be 24fps this time. I wouldn't be surprised since most of the critics hated HFR last year.

I'd rather hear the music in the movies but I'd be interested to hear if someone can figure out by the score when the movie will end. Will it be
Smaug's death, Battle of Dol Guldur or neither, Smaug still alive.

I'm trying not to get too excited and raise my expectations too high, but it's getting harder to do that everyday. I can't wait to see what they did with lake town and Mirkwood.

Fushin

It kind of ruined the experience of RotK to listen to the soundtrack prior so I'll hold off on listening to this OST until I see the movie. It's tempting, so very tempting though.

Daft_Cat

This screened on the WB lot last night. I know two people that got to see it (I might be seeing it in less than a week *fingers crossed*).

I haven't spoken to them yet, but if I get impressions, I'll post.

Fushin

I'm holding off on the soundtrack until I see the film, not long now :)

Already have tickets for opening night. 3D 24fps for the opening night since the lady gets off late and the closest theatre isn't HFR. Doesn't bother me since I'll probably see it two or three times in theatre like AUJ.

NeoGiff

I'm holding off on the soundtrack until I see the film, not long now :)

I admire your willpower, Lox!

Unfortunately I won't be seeing it on the 13th. My brother and I have a tradition of going together on the opening night that dates back to the LOTR trilogy. This year, however, he's unavailable on the 13th, so we'll have to settle for an afternoon showing on the 14th.

I just know I won't be able to resist looking for impressions here and on TOR once it premieres, and it's going to kill me!

atomsk

Party Pooper
well shit, as far as I can tell the theater that was showing HFR last year in Freehold NJ isn't doing it this year

so I have to drive even farther this time

Getting fucked on the date in Australia just like last year. We'll be getting it on the 26th December. My tickets are booked for HFR 3D.

t-ramp

I bought a ticket the other day to the double feature showing starting at 9PM on the 12th. Six hours of The Hobbit, and it's supposedly HFR too. I'm hoping it's a good experience and that I don't get sleepy halfway through or dislike 48fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom