• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

jett

D-Member
There are some...

60 fps video was extremely prevalent during the PS2 era (on PS2 only, of course). Most of those games also ran at 60 fps but there is one fun exception that comes to mind; Silent Hill 2! Silent Hill 2 ran at 30 fps in game but the pre-rendered movies were 60 fps. This ONLY applies to the PS2 version, however, as the video quality was destroyed in the Xbox and PC ports.

The older Hitman games, for instance, used realtime cutscenes which ran at 60 fps while the game itself ran at 30. Same deal with Freedom Fighters.

Extremely prevalent? I don't know of a single PS2 game that had 60fps video. Maybe SH2 as you say, I haven't played that game in particular.

The end result is "akin to looking at a DVD versus Blu-Ray," Druckmann says. "It's not totally brand new experience, but when you're seeing the film, the clarity of the image is much closer to how the director and team initially saw it. There's something nice about that.

I think if it was nothing but remakes, that would be pretty sad for the console, just like any system out there, any medium, it's going to be a mixture.

We're working on this re-release, but at the same time we're working on two new experiences.

When Blu-Ray came out, the first thing is you buy all these rereleases of movies that you've loved, and then you see Gravity and can't wait to see it on your Blu-Ray. There's always room for a mixture of old and new.

So...two new experiences?

One is obviously Uncharted 4, wonder what the other could be?

LAA

Read that TLOU ReMastered is struggling to fit on a Blu Ray...

Starting to wonder if having Blu Rays for this gen was a good idea.. PS3 was pushing Blu Ray to edge near the end as it was, likely PS4 will be pushing beyond that soon enough.

Guess it'll be time to go back to two discs eventually, can't remember the last game I played that needed two discs...ha ha. GTA V kinda, but it was an installation disc. Not sure if installation disc will be an option, Up to 50GB installations are bad enough, 100GB installations will make memory issues even worse, ha ha

I'd love a sequel to TLoU, but I think I'd prefer a brand new IP from ND before any TLOU sequel.

The finances just don't make that much sense. You spent so much time and money creating TLOU universe, characters, and making that first game, it's just too enticing and easy to make a sequel. It's the primary reason the industry works like it does.

So...two new experiences?

One is obviously Uncharted 4, wonder what the other could be?

Whatever that is, I'm glad that this cements the fact that ND is still a two-creative team studio, and we're not seeing them revert back to one-team.

The finances just don't make that much sense. You spent so much time and money creating TLOU universe, characters, and making that first game, it's just too enticing and easy to make a sequel. It's the primary reason the industry works like it does.

Well, in theory, Sony could easily outsource TLoU2 to another developer, just like how Assassin's Creed/CoD is worked by multiple studios at the same time to meet their annual releases.

Just an extra point on-top of the whole 'two experiences' thing.

leH9I1G.jpg

At least we know who one of the core members of the new project is, Richard Cambier.

Bump.

Game got a release date here (Brazil): August 12th. Considering that the release days here are the same day as US or a week later, it must be coming to US in early August.

Something that grotesque is straight out of John Carpenter's The Thing. I'm glad I didn't have to square off against that beastie. That's fuckin' nightmare-inducing.

That's why I hope a TLoU2 (or whatever it might be called) has some seriously grotesque cordy-creatures.
Long time exposure x enhanced mutations/growth... man... could be really disturbing.

Game got a release date here (Brazil): August 12th. Considering that the release days here are the same day as US or a week later, it must be coming to US in early August.

That would really surprise me as far as an NA release is concerned. Both June and July are pretty threadbare in terms of releases

Source? Anyway, that looks tacky. I'm glad they cut it out.

Maybe it's an alt to a Stage 4 Infected?

Vashetti

Banned
June makes sense, it'd be a year since the original came out.

Plus they can show it at E3 and say "and it can be yours in just a few days!"

KurowaSan

My order in amazon.es got updated a couple of days ago. According to them, the release date is now June 13th. The ps3 version was released on the 14th.

Jesb

So it appears there wont be a upgrade option for people with the PS3 version. Otherwise we'd probably hear something by now. I'll double dip but, maybe when it's half price.

Top Bottom