• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Cut out monster:

54heuxl.jpg

Link

Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease...

psychotron

The time between TR:DE being announced and released was shorter than this game if it comes in June.

TR was announced Dec 7th (with release date) and released Jan 28th. This has no release date yet, which is why I'm saying it's kind of close if it's coming out June 13th. You'd think we would have more notice.

I still think the date is bogus. I think a large summer date is more likely.

Plus the game was originally dated for June 20th, then the date was dropped entirely. Why would they push the release forward if this was the case? A delay seems more likely with that occurring.

Where are the videos with the improvements? They said, this version will have improved shadows, improved lighting, better textures...

Show me, or is it just the ps 3 version in 1080p and 60 frames?!

Where are the videos with the improvements? They said, this version will have improved shadows, improved lighting, better textures...

Show me, or is it just the ps 3 version in 1080p and 60 frames?!

watch the teaser trailer, it shows the improvements

it isn't a FULL remake like Halo CE for Xbox 360 or Halo 2 Anniversary though.

watch the teaser trailer, it shows the improvements

it isn't a FULL remake like Halo CE for Xbox 360 or Halo 2 Anniversary though.

Yeah, i know, but they said they will "show vidoes with the improvements in the coming month"... so if the rumored release date is true, it sounds like they changed plans and maybe there aren`t as many improvements as planned initially.

Maybe they wanted to go with 30 frames and a big upgrade, but changed it to 60 frames and a small upgrade.

M.Steiner

June 13th?. Would love for that to be true but will wait for official confirmation before I get too excited. Would be fantastic though.

drotahorror

Read that TLOU ReMastered is struggling to fit on a Blu Ray...

Starting to wonder if having Blu Rays for this gen was a good idea.. PS3 was pushing Blu Ray to edge near the end as it was, likely PS4 will be pushing beyond that soon enough.

Guess it'll be time to go back to two discs eventually, can't remember the last game I played that needed two discs...ha ha. GTA V kinda, but it was an installation disc. Not sure if installation disc will be an option, Up to 50GB installations are bad enough, 100GB installations will make memory issues even worse, ha ha

This could be a bad idea but, they could put the single player on a blu ray and have you download the multiplayer/ put it on another blu ray.

Shin-Ra

Yeah, i know, but they said they will "show vidoes with the improvements in the coming month"... so if the rumored release date is true, it sounds like they changed plans and maybe there aren`t as many improvements as planned initially.

Maybe they wanted to go with 30 frames and a big upgrade, but changed it to 60 frames and a small upgrade.
Or maybe, you know, they're just not releasing the videos yet!

StuBurns

Banned

That makes zero sense.

60fps was announced at the same time as all of that stuff, and they haven't given any indication anything has changed.

Philippo

So guys is the game really scary? I'm a total little girl when it comes to horrors and similars, but i don't want to miss out the Citizen Kane of gaming.

Kyoufu

So guys is the game really scary? I'm a total little girl when it comes to horrors and similars, but i don't want to miss out the Citizen Kane of gaming.

It can be. Some sections are veeeeeeeeery creepy and atmospheric, but I guess if you play it on lower difficulties it might not be so bad.

I'm normally a wuss too but I had to play it on Hard my first time. No regrets!

woen

I don't except it to be released before the end of June...but maybe they want to make a surprise ? (E3 and all)

Dinjooh

I'm a little boy when it comes to this and I managed to power through this one. Some sections are quite bad, but overall it's okay.

Even Minecraft can freak me the fuck out and I managed to beat this game.

Philippo

I don't know if i can trust you, or maybe you're tricking me so that i shit in my pants 5 minutes in...

unsure-larry-davidqfbs7.gif

Anyway, i guess i'll give it a try, at least i'll play the definitive version.

Read that TLOU ReMastered is struggling to fit on a Blu Ray...

Starting to wonder if having Blu Rays for this gen was a good idea.. PS3 was pushing Blu Ray to edge near the end as it was, likely PS4 will be pushing beyond that soon enough.

Guess it'll be time to go back to two discs eventually, can't remember the last game I played that needed two discs...ha ha. GTA V kinda, but it was an installation disc. Not sure if installation disc will be an option, Up to 50GB installations are bad enough, 100GB installations will make memory issues even worse, ha ha

I doubt this. Even the best looking and sounding of PC games wouldn't even fill a blu-ray disc. They have to be doing something like uncompressed sound or leigons of pre-rendered cinematics for it to fill an entire blu-ray.

StuBurns

Banned
I doubt this. Even the best looking and sounding of PC games wouldn't even fill a blu-ray disc. They have to be doing something like uncompressed sound or leigons of pre-rendered cinematics for it to fill an entire blu-ray.
And they are doing plenty of prerendered 1080p/60fps cutscenes.

ascii42

Uncompressed sound wouldn't be surprising. TLOU has around 1.5 hours of pre-rendered cinematics, and I imagine at 1080p/60fps, those would take up a lot of space.

H4r4kiri

And they are doing plenty of prerendered 1080p/60fps cutscenes.
I doubt this. Even the best looking and sounding of PC games wouldn't even fill a blu-ray disc. They have to be doing something like uncompressed sound or leigons of pre-rendered cinematics for it to fill an entire blu-ray. wanted to quote this. I am sorry

Well i dont think so. Killzone was a very heavy programm. It was around 350 gig, if I remember it correctly. GG said they had to use all their knowledge of compression to get it on a Blue Ray.

StuBurns

Banned
Well i dont think so. Killzone was a very heavy programm. It was around 350 gig, if I remember it correctly. GG said they had to use all their knowledge of compression to get it on a Blue Ray.
You don't think what? That they have 1080p/60fps cutscenes? They do.

And it will ship on one blu ray, they'll just compress it till it does. TLoU was only 26gb, yeah, it'll have some higher res assets, but it's not some insane jump.

Persona7

Banned
So are the cutscenes going to be higher quality? I wonder how they are going to fit that and DLC on the disk. Probably download codes.

Clockwork5

Is it summer yet? I never played this, been in blackout and keep forgeting about it. 1080/60 sounds tasty though. As you were....

stryke

Also do you think there's going to be some sort of upgrade?
If so i could try to get some good deal on a used ps3 copy.

They said they're looking into it, and even if it does come to fruition they will have devised something to avoid exactly what you're trying to do.

Hubb

Also do you think there's going to be some sort of upgrade?
If so i could try to get some good deal on a used ps3 copy.

Doubtful that, that would work. The game comes with an online pass and you can bet if they do an upgrade it'll be tied to that.

StuBurns

Banned
So are the cutscenes going to be higher quality? I wonder how they are going to fit that and DLC on the disk. Probably download codes.
The PS3 game was 26gb, Left Behind was a little over 5gb, lets say the MP DLC brings it up to 32gb, a bump for the nicer textures and what not, maybe that brings you up to 40 (I seriously doubt that), but you'd still have 10gb to bump the videos.

Moreover, unlike on PS3, the game won't run off the disc, so you can have the installed game be larger and have further compression on the disc.

No doubt it'll be tight, but not to the point of needing people to download content.

Top Bottom