• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Gray Matter

Semi-Auto is probably the best weapon without an upgrade. Buy armor instead. Win every 1v1. Pick up ammo from your victories.

Also I like the vanilla 9mm or revolver. They too get the job done without costing you anything.

Hunting Rifle and Burst Rifle I kinda need at least one upgrade.

Semi auto is without a doubt the best gun in the game.

I really like the silenced 9mm, even if I have trouble with headshots. I also like that they lowered the cost of the silenced option to one loadout point.

One thing that really frustrates me is when I use a stealth loadout, and I can't craft a single shiv even after four or five boxes. It has happened multiple times too.

On Interrogation I've been opening with Frontier Rifle + Revolver + Scavenger + Crafter. It's pretty crazy how fast you can rack up points and ammo. Then with about 3-4 minutes to go I switch to Strategist 3 + Lone Wolf 2 + El Diablo with 9-12 El Diablo shots

El Diablo users are annoying as fuck.

Well you're annoying. Bam, how bout that?

Seriously though, I've practiced with all purchasables at length and my El Diablo outclasses them all. It's the combination of quick down, manageable recoil, range, and relatively cheap bullets that puts it over the edge. Launcher is way more fun though.

Well you're annoying. Bam, how bout that?

Seriously though, I've practiced with all purchasables at length and my El Diablo outclasses them all. It's the combination of quick down, manageable recoil, range, and relatively cheap bullets that puts it over the edge. Launcher is way more fun though.
That's exactly why. That thing is truly annoying and quite frankly I think it's OP.

Semi-Auto is probably the best weapon without an upgrade. Buy armor instead. Win every 1v1. Pick up ammo from your victories.

Also I like the vanilla 9mm or revolver. They too get the job done without costing you anything.

Hunting Rifle and Burst Rifle I kinda need at least one upgrade.
That makes enough sense. I'll have to give it another shot sometime.

I really like the silenced 9mm, even if I have trouble with headshots. I also like that they lowered the cost of the silenced option to one loadout point.

One thing that really frustrates me is when I use a stealth loadout, and I can't craft a single shiv even after four or five boxes. It has happened multiple times too.
I'm a fan of the 9mm as well, though the unsilenced version works better with my playstyle. The thing that grinds my gears about it is that the upgrades don't increase the rate of fire. That means that it's at its best (in terms of time-to-down) at the start of a match but once people get parts to upgrade other weapons or buy armour it falls behind. The 9mm makes a nice backup weapon but if I'm going pistol only I'd rather have something else, unless the enemy team I'm up against is proving to be lackluster.

For your complaints about not being able to craft shivs, have you tried using up the half-shiv from Covert Training before hitting toolboxs? Maybe that would make a difference.

On Interrogation I've been opening with Frontier Rifle + Revolver + Scavenger + Crafter. It's pretty crazy how fast you can rack up points and ammo. Then with about 3-4 minutes to go I switch to Strategist 3 + Lone Wolf 2 + El Diablo with 9-12 El Diablo shots
It's hard to go wrong with the well-rounded El Diablo. Do you get a lot of mileage from Strategist 3 + Lone Wolf 2? My first thought is that 'spawning on your team-mates' and 'receive bonuses when far away from team-mates' conflict with each other.

It's hard to go wrong with the well-rounded El Diablo. Do you get a lot of mileage from Strategist 3 + Lone Wolf 2? My first thought is that 'spawning on your team-mates' and 'receive bonuses when far away from team-mates' conflict with each other.

Strategist 3 is practically essential for me in the lategame, regardless of the rest of my build. Lone Wolf 2 is for those hectic moments at the end of the game when you're trying to get to the lockbox, often alone. It can really make the difference, can't tell you how many times it has helped me 1v2 in the closing seconds of a game.

LifEndz

Recently got back into this. If you're looking for someone to team up with because good lord are randoms awful, add me. PSN Lifendz. I'm on now and will be on a lot this weekend.

Portugeezer

dat dodge

dat_dodgehcq0t.gif

Gumbie

Recently got back into this. If you're looking for someone to team up with because good lord are randoms awful, add me. PSN Lifendz. I'm on now and will be on a lot this weekend.

I'm getting back in too after a hiatus, I'll add you tonight.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I miss this game, none of my friends play it anymore :(

ND really didn't support the game much... even with all those sales from the remaster.

They dropped some bullshit weapons and then just left it to die. Never gave us any more modes or remixes... pretty lame of them.

Still, I see a lot of people playing. I took a long break but have been back on with friends here and there.

I'm feeling the need to try a stealth loadout for a change, but I can't decide on the weapons. What do you guys like to use?

Strategist 3 is practically essential for me in the lategame, regardless of the rest of my build. Lone Wolf 2 is for those hectic moments at the end of the game when you're trying to get to the lockbox, often alone. It can really make the difference, can't tell you how many times it has helped me 1v2 in the closing seconds of a game.
I see. Looks to be a better combo than I first thought.

I miss this game, none of my friends play it anymore :(
That's a shame. I guess you could try playing with GAF?

It's a shame that ND has abandoned this game. That's why I'm playing Splatoon these days.

I'll be back for the Uncharted 4 beta though...

Why is the matchmaking so fucking bad in this game?

I play the mode with no parties as it's just me, I'm trying to get used to it and I'm level 2 at the moment, but when I join a game there will be a few people under level ten and then the rest are in the hundreds. Guaranteed all of the veterans are put into one team and all of the less experienced in the other. It's no fun to just be cannon fodder.

Anastasia

Why is the matchmaking so fucking bad in this game?

I play the mode with no parties as it's just me, I'm trying to get used to it and I'm level 2 at the moment, but when I join a game there will be a few people under level ten and then the rest are in the hundreds. Guaranteed all of the veterans are put into one team and all of the less experienced in the other. It's no fun to just be cannon fodder.

I usually do no parties and most of the games I join have a few high level people (100, 200+), and then people from like 0-50. Sometimes it gets pretty lopsided though.

I think the community just isn't huge for this game, even if people are still actively playing it online. And with communities like that you're eventually going to end up with mostly high level/highly skilled players, which makes it hard for new players to jump in.

I usually do no parties and most of the games I join have a few high level people (100, 200+), and then people from like 0-50. Sometimes it gets pretty lopsided though.

I think the community just isn't huge for this game, even if people are still actively playing it online. And with communities like that you're eventually going to end up with mostly high level/highly skilled players, which makes it hard for new players to jump in.

I understand that the community gets smaller and only the hardcore are left, but there are a surprising amount of low level players still active whenever I play, I just don't understand why it's so hard to split the people in the server into more balanced teams.

Anastasia

I understand that the community gets smaller and only the hardcore are left, but there are a surprising amount of low level players still active whenever I play, I just don't understand why it's so hard to split the people in the server into more balanced teams.

Yeah I agree with you. It's definitely not perfect. It'd be nice if ND would release a new update to improve matchmaking, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. At this point if I get into a game that's super lopsided I usually quit and look for one that's more balanced.

Yeah I agree with you. It's definitely not perfect. It'd be nice if ND would release a new update to improve matchmaking, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. At this point if I get into a game that's super lopsided I usually quit and look for one that's more balanced.

I feel bad quitting, but I guess I will try that next time, thanks. I absolutely love the sp, one of my favourite games ever and I really enjoy the pace of the mp so I will try and stick with it for now.

Anastasia

I feel bad quitting, but I guess I will try that next time, thanks. I absolutely love the sp, one of my favourite games ever and I really enjoy the pace of the mp so I will try and stick with it for now.

It's one of my favorite games too. I will say that levels don't mean a whole lot after a certain point. I'm only a 22 (despite putting hundreds of hours into the mp. I also put hundreds of hours into the PS3 version) but I can hang with high level players. If it's hard right now I wouldn't get too discouraged. It's definitely worth sticking with. And if you ever need someone to play with you can add me as well. My psn is Anastasia027. ^^

Anastasia

I've been finding matches too. It's not always immediate but usually something will come up. The community isn't huge but it's pretty dedicated for what it is.

Elitist1945

Its telling me I have to download Treacherous Territories to play MP even though it is downloaded and I've played before.

What the hell.

autoduelist

Anyone still playing this - and looking for party-mates? I used to play a lot on the PS3, just getting warmed up again on ps4 (only level 3, still a bit rusty, but getting back in the swing of things).

I'm sick of playing w/ randoms instead of the guys I used to play with (mics, etc). nowadays I can't always use a mic (little kid sleeping etc) but I tend to play late at night (west coast US) but even if I can't I listen and am great backup.

Not sure what weapons I used to use... bought the tactical pack while it was on sale but generally prefer assault type weapons.

Hit me up as the randoms give me such a headache.

PSN is alpinestars1980

I primarily use hunting rifle and revolver. I can't be good with anything else. Well, except the crossbow, but I ain't 'bout dat wasting-tokens-on-purchasables life.

Lol I know. I've been busy with uncharted collection, but honestly I only get the urge to play once in a blue moon. The community is no longer there.

Haha, I know you have. I've been jelly as I've been on the lookout for a great deal on Uncharted. You're right, though. The community is drying up. I'll be on only sporadically once BO3 comes out. I always come back, though!

Ok, I started a PSN community for the MP.
Look me up : BADhumans
Or give me your PSN id and I'll add you in

Sweet, thanks!

I'm at work so if you could add me, that'd be great! alpinestars1980

KOMANI

KOMANI
Haha, I know you have. I've been jelly as I've been on the lookout for a great deal on Uncharted. You're right, though. The community is drying up. I'll be on only sporadically once BO3 comes out. I always come back, though!

Sweet, thanks!

I got you!

Anastasia

Ok, I started a PSN community for the MP.
Look me up : BADhumans
Or give me your PSN id and I'll add you in

Sweet, thanks!

I still play this a lot and added both of you. ^^

I got you!

Rad, thanks!

I still play this a lot and added both of you. ^^

The more the merrier! Thanks!

Great. I think the MP is unique, and I want to build a strong community among GAF members.

Yeah, I agree. I get frustrated with some of the brokenness of the game sometimes, but, dang, the multiplayer is so intense and unique. I usually get all the latest and greatest in terms of new games and always wind up back here.

Top Bottom