• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Anastasia

Good games Alpine. Sorry about how the last few turned out. Once I'm not feeling like junk anymore I'm going to start using my mic.

Good games Alpine. Sorry about how the last few turned out. Once I'm not feeling like junk anymore I'm going to start using my mic.

No problem. Sorry for the frustration. I. Hate. Losing. Lol

I'll be on tomorrow morning, sorry I couldn't jump on for a few games.

Yeah, man, I could've used you, lol.

I'd like to get back into MP, got 5 or so weeks left on Firefly to plat.

PSN: WarWolf7

Sweet, I'll try to add you tomorrow.

KOMANI

KOMANI
But you also get 75% more idiots on your team. The kind that teabag you whilst you pilfer the supply box. :/
True. But I just call them my dog as they follow me around the map and I just use them as a decoy.
It's really less pressure for me because I don't want to let a teammate down.

Business

Is there any fix for the annoying "unable to join pary message"? I have one particular friend I can't seem to get in a party together, yet I have no problems with anyone else and neither he does. We both have Nat2, we tried both restart factions, reset PS4 to no avail. Has anyone here found this and knows how to solve it?

Miker

I just got a PS4 and bought a download code for Last of Us on the cheap. I'm gonna play through the campaign first, but is the multiplayer still reasonably active? What are the team sizes and game modes? And is it good for casual play or do I have to invest time in it just to compete? I'm worried that it'll mostly be hardcore players left and that even if I do get into a game, I'll be destroyed in seconds.

Gray Matter

I can't use weapons without silencers now, I've become to used to the sounds of the silencers that when I don't use them, I feel wrong.

I've been playing (mostly) the PS3 version for a while now so that I can play with a buddy of mine who doesn't have a PS4. Here's what I have to say:

• Aiming feels so different compared to the PS4, I still haven't gotten used to it.
  • There are just as many low level players on the PS3 as there are on the PS4; something I didn't expect.
  • Semi-Auto Rifles and nailboards are more common, Burst Rifles are less common.
  • Some of the trophies are ridiculous.
  • Unlocking stuff again is a little annoying.
I haven't had a whole lot of time to play lately because my university studies are a little time consuming, but I still really enjoy this game when I do get the chance to play it.

I just got a PS4 and bought a download code for Last of Us on the cheap. I'm gonna play through the campaign first, but is the multiplayer still reasonably active? What are the team sizes and game modes? And is it good for casual play or do I have to invest time in it just to compete? I'm worried that it'll mostly be hardcore players left and that even if I do get into a game, I'll be destroyed in seconds.
The multiplayer is still quite active.

There are 3 game modes, all of which are up to 4v4. They are:
  • Supply Raid - Each team starts with 20 respawns. Wipe out the other team to win.
  • Survivors - Each player has one life per round. Wipe out the other team to win a round. Win 4 rounds to win the match.
  • Interrogation - Interrogate enemy players to reveal the location of their lockbox, then unlock it to win.
There is a little bit of a learning curve, but I wouldn't let that deter you. One of the great things about the game is that even if you are bad at one thing (such as aiming), you can make up for it in another way (such as by being a medic or a flanker). You just have to find your niche.

For what it's worth, I generally see a lot of new players whenever I play, so you can most likely play with people of similar skill levels. Occasionally the matchmaking will try to match a new player with a bunch of veterans. If this happens, I wouldn't feel too bad about backing out and trying to find another lobby.

Be sure to post your impressions! :)

andycapps

Anybody gonna be playing tomorrow about 9-12 AM EST? Looking to get in some games and tired of playing with randoms.

PSN name same as here, mention you're from GAF if you send me a friend request.

Just getting started in the multiplayer after recently getting a ps4 and I have to say I'm hooked, I love the pace of the combat.

Quick question with the weapons, when I shoot population people they seem to take lots of shots but I am downed in only a few even with what looks like the same weapon, is it just me or can I upgrade my weapon during the game?

I am from UK and play most evenings of anyone wants to add me team up: jemile.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I'll add you guys to the community after I get back from a funeral. I'm getting the itch to play MP after the UC4 MP.
You can also search for me on PSN: BadHumans

Just getting started in the multiplayer after recently getting a ps4 and I have to say I'm hooked, I love the pace of the combat.

Quick question with the weapons, when I shoot population people they seem to take lots of shots but I am downed in only a few even with what looks like the same weapon, is it just me or can I upgrade my weapon during the game?

I am from UK and play most evenings of anyone wants to add me team up: jemile.

You can purchase weapon upgrades in the 'store' tab of your backpack using the parts you have earned throughout the match. Upgrades improve a number of aspects of a weapon, the most important of which is arguably the rate of fire. However, damage does not change with upgrading. If it seems to take a lot of shots to down someone, then I'm guessing you are either using a low damaging weapon (such as the Full-Auto Rifle), your target is wearing armour (which can also be bought from the store), or you are missing your shots.

I might be able to offer more detailed advice if you provide the weapons/loadouts that you like to use.

You can purchase weapon upgrades in the 'store' tab of your backpack using the parts you have earned throughout the match. Upgrades improve a number of aspects of a weapon, the most important of which is arguably the rate of fire. However, damage does not change with upgrading. If it seems to take a lot of shots to down someone, then I'm guessing you are either using a low damaging weapon (such as the Full-Auto Rifle), your target is wearing armour (which can also be bought from the store), or you are missing your shots.

I might be able to offer more detailed advice if you provide the weapons/loadouts that you like to use.

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm a pretty poor shot at the moment, i played last night and i notice i panic trying to get thwm.as fast as possible, need to calm it down.

I have been trying out all of the preset loadouts, most of my time has been with auto weapons, going to try some of the others tonight and will try the upgrades too.

andycapps

Thanks for the reply, I think I'm a pretty poor shot at the moment, i played last night and i notice i panic trying to get thwm.as fast as possible, need to calm it down.

I have been trying out all of the preset loadouts, most of my time has been with auto weapons, going to try some of the others tonight and will try the upgrades too.

You might be getting shots to the body while your opponents might be getting headshots on you. The latter take more practice but obviously down you faster, even with one shot depending on the weapon.

You might be getting shots to the body while your opponents might be getting headshots on you. The latter take more practice but obviously down you faster, even with one shot depending on the weapon.

Played again tonight and yes that is what's happening, glad to know its something I can fix, going to finish off the main game and practice lots.

I got the PS3 version not too long ago and dove into the MP.

The concept is interesting, in a non-traditional sense, but, it seems uneven.

Does the MP group you up with people who got the DLC weapon add-ons? It also seems like an unfair disadvantage to be put in a room with many triple digit players.

Played again tonight and yes that is what's happening, glad to know its something I can fix, going to finish off the main game and practice lots.
I generally find that players don't actively go for headshots until they are really high levelled (150+), so I would bet against them in this case. Hunting Rifle users are an exception to this though. The easiest way to check is to buy armour; if your helmet is still present at the end of a match, then no one really went for headshots on you.

I got the PS3 version not too long ago and dove into the MP.

The concept is interesting, in a non-traditional sense, but, it seems uneven.

Does the MP group you up with people who got the DLC weapon add-ons? It also seems like an unfair disadvantage to be put in a room with many triple digit players.
DLC weapons and skills aren't considered for match making purposes, so yes it can group people who have bought stuff and people who haven't. With how good the base stuff is, this shouldn't be a cause for concern.

The matchmaking supposedly tries to put people with similar execution/death ratios in a lobby together, but, as you've seen, it doesn't work out too well in practice. If a lobby is looking kinda grim, you can always try backing out before a match starts and try again.

EL CUCO

Just played my first match in a very very long time. Still feels great. I see alot of low level players on as well. Looks like the community still growing.

Edit: Welp. 2nd match I got destroyed. Rip the dream

Gumbie

Just played my first match in a very very long time. Still feels great. I see alot of low level players on as well. Looks like the community still growing.

Edit: Welp. 2nd match I got destroyed. Rip the dream

I played last week after taking a 6 month break. Took me 10 minutes to see it's still a hunting rifle/purchasable shotgun fest. See you in another 6 months tlou.

Miker

What's a good loadout for first time players who don't have anything unlocked? There's way way too much crap to sort through to know what's good and what's not.

I've only played two games so far, but it's super frustrating as a new player in terms of a huge selection of inventory options (and shittons of DLC too) and other teams seemingly full of super high level players.

What's a good loadout for first time players who don't have anything unlocked? There's way way too much crap to sort through to know what's good and what's not.

I've only played two games so far, but it's super frustrating as a new player in terms of a huge selection of inventory options (and shittons of DLC too) and other teams seemingly full of super high level players.
Among the pre-made loadouts, the ones I like the best are: support, marksman, salvo, and onslaught.

Hopefully you have better luck with matchmaking. Did you see my earlier suggestion about leaving a lobby (before a match starts) if it looks overly unfair?

Top Bottom