• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered -PS4- $59.99 (SEN Store mistake/leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

This is why I haven't bought the DLC. Looks like I made the right choice, if this version gets a nice performance boost.

Edit: Thinking about it, native DS4 support alone would make this exciting, that thing is sooo good.

Alienous

I'm guessing an official announce sometime this week. Anyone thinking a port is an E3 level announce is crazy, regardless of the game being TLoU. That price is a tad high for a game this old though.

"Now announcing, Halo 2 Anniversary! WOOO! Remastered, yeah! Guys?"

Jawmuncher

At least TLOU has a very interesting and well worth playing singleplayer DLC [something that Tomb Raider never had] that will be included in this package. That, plus little nextgen polish... and $60 is justified.

Yeah oddly enough I feel ok paying 60 here as opposed to when Tomb Raider did it.

Acidote

60$.

I guess I'll keep waiting to play this game. And if they take too long to lower the price, I'll just wait even longer for PS+.

RaikuHebi

Banned
What if that Joel Banderas clip was Last of Us running on PS4? :O
198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Looks like a late 2015 Uncharted 4 to me, folks.

Naughty Dog buying some time.
It was always a 2015 Uncharted 4.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So now it's official. After Tomb Raider we will get now a fuckton of "enhanced" ports (lol, no hd collections anymore?) for full price. Be happy, people voted with their wallets for it, so it means they really wanted it, right?
These plans are in effect long before Tomb Raider. You're a few months late on the outrage. And there are new PS4 owners that haven't played TLoU. Or have been actively avoiding the PS3 version for this one.
$60 for a port that most likely didn't get a visual upgrade like Tomb Raider? pffffft ridiculous knock $20 off and ill consider it.
We know literally nothing about it. You can probably pick it up for $40 A couple of months after it releases.
What are the odds on cross-buy?
Hahaha. You're funny.

Linconan

Ps4 remastered version of The Last Of Us?
Yes please, Day 1
Don't care how much they're charging!
*throws money at screen*

If it's not....
someone is going to bleed.

Eusis

Yeah oddly enough I feel ok paying 60 here as opposed to when Tomb Raider did it.
Besides the fact I never played online (rental + online pass crap) there's still the DLC, so there'd be something NEW to play in addition to the rest of the game looking fantastic. Though I probably wouldn't be getting it day one.
Ps4 remastered version of The Last Of Us?
Yes please, Day 1
Don't care how much they're charging!
*throws money at screen*

If it's not....
someone is going to bleed.
You say this, but if I'm inferring right (if it doesn't exist) I think someone WILL be bleeding given how much stuff has shown up, even on Sony's own damn online store.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
no, and i wouldn't count on it.

I'm not so sure. While the PS4's CPU is far from something special, whatever ND offloaded to the Cell to ease the load on the sub-par RSX could be handled by the PS4's GPU with ease, lessening the burden on the CPU significantly.

I'll jump in if it's a remaster in the same way Tomb Raider was a 'remaster'.

Basically, show me a reason to pay full price and I don't mean bundling all the DLC with the game and some minor visual upgrades. I want to see a proper remaster...

B.O.O.M

Tomb Raider: DE took a full year and 3 studios to develop. Not sure TLOU got the same treatment, but who knows...

To be fair it will be more about the end result than the resources/time spent on the project. Let's see once this is unveiled how it stacks up against TR DE as well as the ps3 version of TLOU

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, we're at the point where companies are re-releasing 1 year old games and charging full price for them.

This whole "HD remake" thing is such a great scam.

spekkeh

Banned
So now it's official. After Tomb Raider we will get now a fuckton of "enhanced" ports (lol, no hd collections anymore?) for full price. Be happy, people voted with their wallets for it, so it means they really wanted it, right?
But I do want this.

The Tomb Raider thread is also filled with people that never played the original and were happy they jumped in.

Ehh I loved TLOU (Prolly my fav game of last gen) and I adore ND...But please don't make this 60$.

I mean there would have to be some SERIOUS visual improvements and FPS improvements for me to even consider rebuying it at 60$. Of course I also expect to get all the DLC with this...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! No way in hell I'm paying $60 though. $30 at the most.

Dartastic

I'd totally double dip at $40. $60 is a fistful of NOPE. Does anyone know how the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Tomb Raider did? It kinda set a precedent...

demolitio

Sucks that it's $60 but this is why I didn't buy the DLC on PS3. Thanks to all the rumors, I figured I'd rather wait and have something brand new to experience on PS4 to make the PS4 version worth it to buy even if it's minor improvements.

The MP alone will be worth it to me though since I need a good third-person shooter to play. It was kind of funny how many of my old SOCOM buddies ended up reconnecting over TLOU's MP just because there's so few games out there that encourage real teamwork and communication still. It's obviously a different game and not nearly as addicting as SOCOM used to be, but the small tactical matches made it a favorite to play together. I just hope they'll be there on the PS4 version as well since I think our win percentage was close to 90% once we started playing together to the point where we refused to play solo or just with two us mixed with other pubs because we were so spoiled by how much teamwork mattered.

It's kind of funny how people automatically assumed the worst about its MP yet a lot of people ended up loving it and it kept the game in our PS3's for a long time. The SP was the main course, but the MP was a dessert you kept going back to.

It would be amazing if they added a new mode for MP since the new hardware should take away any limitations they had before. Give me a mode where there's two teams but also a bunch of A.I. infected which you could use against the other team. Basically the same great MP but an added element of stress as you constantly worry about clickers coming after you as you fight.

Doczu

What point? Just speculation at the moment.

If the industry shifts from 30-40 bucks hd collections of two-three games to a single "enhanced" port (which basically is flipping a switch for higher res and more fps) for $60.

My post when we heard first of the Definitive edition of Tomb Raider:

I hope too that this won't sell and greenlight other "definitive/complete/special" editions. This is quite a big cashgrab, as they don't have to much. Console architecture is similar to pc, so it's gonna be tempting for some devs/publishers to just press a few buttons and BAM! DEFINITVE VERSION $60!

Guess Who

Banned
Excuse me but I do not feel a highly-anticipated remastered port of a less-than-one-year-old game that is widely considered to be not just one of the greatest games of the last few years but one of the greatest games ever made is worth anything more than $30 at the absolute most because this is how economics work

which basically is flipping a switch for higher res and more fps

Yes, this is totally how game development works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom