• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered -PS4- $59.99 (SEN Store mistake/leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Fucking called it.

ND has said their engine is on PC for development. PS4 is a nifty PC essentially. Now the UC remasters will come too I expect.

Neiteio

Good stuff. The original strained the PS3 to its limits -- I look forward to seeing what the game looks like when it's unshackled from those restraints.

Guess Who

Banned
HD collections containing all 3 games in a series were usually still cheaper than brand new retail games.

Of games from ten years ago, sure.

Its just slapping a coat of paint on, not that much work goes into it (HD collections that is, not sure about remastering)

It really, really bothers me that people think ports are just made by pressing some kind of magical ~upres~ button and printing it on disc.

Bishop89

This makes me sad I got TLOU for free when I got my replacement ps3 :(

Cant bring it to myself to buy a game I already own (even if I have the 'worse' version)

StuBurns

Banned
HD collections containing all 3 games in a series were usually still cheaper than brand new retail games.

Its just slapping a coat of paint on, not that much work goes into it (HD collections that is, not sure about remastering)
They will be now too, when we see an Uncharted trilogy, you will get all three for normal price, because they're old. GTA5 will be full price too.

Footos22

Ill eat crow if it isn't true and i hope it isn't
But i really doubt they'll bump it up to 60fps and the reason being they are all about the "cinematic experience".

so1337

itUKnnEZHFBVr.png

Hahaha. It certainly is, Sony. It certainly is.

Squire

Banned
30fps?

Care to back that up with some kind of source ?

Honestly, I don't know why anyone is expecting it to be 60. None of the cross-gen games from last fall and probably this fall are like that on PS4 and TLOU is already on the high end of PS3 games.

At best, it will have an uncapped frame rate. (Which could be bad, depending on your preference.)

Dredd97

I think remastering would mean more than just higher res textures...

And people saying the price is high, do you expect the 'remastered' version of GTA V will be cheap too?

It's a definite trend developing here, what with the Metro Redux leak a few weeks back

Personally I'd love a remastered version of RDR, or even Dragons Dogma

And if ND / Sony want to consider other remasters can I suggest Uncharted trilogy ;)

Damn! And beaten to the post like a well whipped horse!

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
My PS4 is collecting dust. Not interested in Infamous Second Son, never owned a PS3, and still waiting for Dark Souls for PC...

but I'm so excited for this! I can finally use my PS4 for what it was meant for...playing amazing Sony games.

Alienous

Ill eat crow if it isn't true and i hope it isn't
But i really doubt they'll bump it up to 60fps and the reason being they are all about the "cinematic experience".

I was watching their development documentary where they joke about their tools having a 60fps 'checker' that they never achieve.

I'm sure they'll push the graphics as far as they can first. And if the game ends up being 30fps that bodes extremely well for how good it'll look.

spekkeh

Banned
Not so ironic given i didn't buy the hd edition of WW as i felt it's a big rip-off (although there was work done with the port). Will wait for a huge discount, or buy used.

Yes, it's for the market to decide, blah blah blah. I just hope people aren't gonna whine when this will become more and more overused. People bitch already about f2p games and f2p elements in $60 AAA games, but it's for the market to decide what's worth, right?
As long as they don't keep it up until the remastered directors cut George Lucas version with walkie talkies and extra Harrison Ford narration 3D edition, I'm good.

On second thought I'd definitely buy that too.

8bit

Knows the Score
It's not expensive enough!

Anyway, hopefully it's a reasonable price in Europe. I think I was up to the school on my Survivor+ playthrough so might just wait to give it a spin again.

Footos22

I was watching their development documentary where they joke about their tools having a 60fps 'checker' that they never achieve.

I'm sure they'll push the graphics as far as they can first. And if the game ends up being 30fps that bodes extremely well for how good it'll look.

Im not really worried as long as its smooth and looks amazing.

My fav game last gen. Never got to play left behind or the mp dlc so $60 is a good price for me.

StuBurns

Banned
Not so ironic given i didn't buy the hd edition of WW as i felt it's a big rip-off (although there was work done with the port). Will wait for a huge discount, or buy used.

Yes, it's for the market to decide, blah blah blah. I just hope people aren't gonna whine when this will become more and more overused. People bitch already about f2p games and f2p elements in $60 AAA games, but it's for the market to decide what's worth, right?
Yes, it is. Publishers are free to do whatever they please, and we're free to buy it or not.

Can TLoU sell a million units at full price? Yes, can GTA5 sell five million at full price? Yes, can BioShock Infinite sell half a million at full price? Maybe? Beyond that, this is not going to be a trend because they won't sell.

Just got the platinum for the ps3 version yesterday. Survivor was intense! I will buy a PS4 to experience this awesome game in 1080p60 (I hope) and also so I can play more of the dlc multiplayer maps, it seems like only a few people play the new maps on ps3.

People who never played TLOU, or have made the jump from 360 to PS4, are in for a treat!

Will buy again, gladly.

I'm stupidly hoping for 60fps but I'll take solid 30fps locked @ 1080p with some extra bells and whistles.

mechphree

I would like to know who the hell accidentally added this to the store? In any event only way I'll buy if it's cross save + all dlc and all left behind and cheaper.

People expecting 60fps you might be out of luck. I fully expect it to be just 1080p visuals . This is the worst kept secret Sony has lol. Only thing worse will be Sony wasting a announcement at e3 for this.

Alienous

I think remastering would mean more than just higher res textures...

And people saying the price is high, do you expect the 'remastered' version of GTA V will be cheap too?

It's a definite trend developing here, what with the Metro Redux leak a few weeks back

Personally I'd love a remastered version of RDR, or even Dragons Dogma

And if ND / Sony want to consider other remasters can I suggest Uncharted trilogy ;)

It's not really a trend. We've had the longest ever console generation. Developers pushed those consoles as far as possible, and some even further, resulting in great looking games with not so great performance.

So, naturally, developers can take their experiences that were arguably too big for next-gen and comfortably port them over now. This year is just the year when any dev's whose release schedules didn't allow for simultaneous current and last-gen releases get the opportunity to release their titles on the former.

Now I wish Crytek would follow suit with a combined Crisis 2 & 3 next-gen remastering.

Eusis

I'm happy with the price, tbh.

A game that's currently less than a year old, presumably with all their DLC (including a $15 story expansion, that's just months old), and a remastering of assets? Along with being one of the best games ever made?

Seems pretty fair to me.
And most importantly it's worth reminding people how much the game costs. About $40 there, if it goes way lower it'll either be some short term sale or because this version TANKS the value, and it's still $60 at GameStop, though they're weird in that they're not listing it Used and seemingly are low on New supply.

So you take that $40 price of Amazon, add $15, and $5 just for the other updates, and it's a very reasonable offer even before factoring in MP stuff that I wouldn't know about. In contrast Tomb Raider had its value tank and many of us likely got at $10-ish on PC by the time they announced a $60 PS4/XB1 version. THAT'S why TR was such a bum value, it was a game that was already going into the bargain bin yet for being ported to new consoles they wanted full price again rather than at least shaving $10 (preferably $20) off the price. And sure enough that too dropped in price really damn fast.

Man

It's going to 30fps simply because TLoU2 will eventually be 30fps.

I can't wait to replay this!

-MD-

Pretty damn jealous, has to be my favorite single player game from last gen and I'm far too broke to afford a PS4 anytime soon.

Ah well, at least it's a thing and I'll play it eventually.

So now it's official. After Tomb Raider we will get now a fuckton of "enhanced" ports (lol, no hd collections anymore?) for full price. Be happy, people voted with their wallets for it, so it means they really wanted it, right?

I'm not against definitive editions or remasters if they all have the same effort put in as Tomb Raider.

If it's just a quick port up, then they can forget it.

Full price is ridiculous... especially since it's $70 Canadian

Guessing they want to bank on the number of new PlayStation consumers that skipped out on PS3?

Has to be a placeholder. $40 is the sweet spot, and they'd probably make some solid sales if that were the case.. I'm guessing all DLC and 1080p/60 FPS/possible new textures? would get a lot of people going.

I'm just happy the MP gets to live on, because I think it's dope. I'd actually hope for more maps/modes, but I doubt that'll happen.

raven777

I'm not against definitive editions or remasters if they all have the same effort put in as Tomb Raider.

If it's just a quick port up, then they can forget it.

What did Tom Raider DE have as upgrade? I know the graphic enhancement and "upgrade" on Lara's character model. Did it have any additional stuff in terms of gameplay?

MavFan619

Banned
My PS4 is collecting dust. Not interested in Infamous Second Son, never owned a PS3, and still waiting for Dark Souls for PC...

but I'm so excited for this! I can finally use my PS4 for what it was meant for...playing amazing Sony games.
Then you shouldn't have skipped Infamous: SS it fit that bill nicely.

RedAssedApe

Banned
man people crying about price again. its not abnormal for GOTY editions that include all the dlc to be full priced. don't think its worth it...don't buy it until the price drops a few months down the line.

Marvel

could never
I can't wait to play it again, I knew one day it would cross over to PS4 so I never tackled multiple play throughs or it's MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom