• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this game is the culmination of all things video games, then... I really don't know what to say to that. What a hilariously stupid and hyperbolic claim. How can a serious journalist or anyone period, say something so obviously ridiculous. For fucks sake. Sure it's a good game, but everyone acts like it sucked your dick and paid all your bills at the same time. No game is ever that good. The gushing and overall ass kissing for this game, especially on GAF, is nauseating. I will never get it. Give it a rest.

Is it possible--just possible--that most everyone else actually feels that strongly about the game?

Maybe--just maybe--it didn't resonate with you as much as it did most everyone else?

What if--just what if--you used a little empathy to imagine the majority of people's opinions deviating from your own?

rdrr gnr

If this game is the culmination of all things video games, then... I really don't know what to say to that. What a hilariously stupid and hyperbolic claim. How can a serious journalist or anyone period, say something so obviously ridiculous. For fucks sake. Sure it's a good game, but everyone acts like it sucked your dick and paid all your bills at the same time. No game is ever that good. The gushing and overall ass kissing for this game, especially on GAF, is nauseating. I will never get it. Give it a rest.
But it sorta is -- at least if you look at games the last, maybe, 7-8 years. How many developers gave the cinematic game a shot? Almost every major AAA dev. How many got it right? A few. How many did it as well as TLoU? None.

I find video game trailers like this to be completely pointless.

I understand why they're done though. After the new Arkham trailer came out two guys in work were like 'this looks amazing!'.

I'm all about seeing the game in action.

Human_me

Was hoping a trailer showing off the main differences.
A comparison trailer if you will.

Oh well maybe just before launch.

MormaPope

Banned
But it sorta is -- at least if you look at games the last maybe 7-8 years. How many developers gave the cinematic game a shot? Almost every major AAA dev. How many got it right? A few. How many did it as well as TLoU? None.

What's a "cinematic" game? Would the first season of The Walking Dead count?

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, people are gonna be eating a lot of crow when this is released, I feel. It's a remaster, not a remake, and it's still going to look amazing.

But people desperate to mine this teaser for ammunition to present TLOU as "The most overrated game of all time" will have their fun until summer, I guess.

daveo42

Banned
I go the same impression, looks a lot like a painting. Either that or its just really blurry. I can't tell if its going to look beautiful or terrible.

It's DoF that's giving the effect, something mentioned by another poster and isn't something included in the PS3 version.

Haunted

All I've got from this is that this is not for people who have already played The Last of Us, except maybe diehard collectors and people who are fine with paying $60 for some behind the scenes stuff.

Hmmm, I am not a fan of these kind of trailers at all. In fact it is pervasive in the entertainment industry now. Everything is plastered with accolades. The Last of Us doesn't need it. It was near universally acclaimed. The Tomb Raider DE reveal was done far more appropriately.

Also, introducing an enhanced version on youtube...what is that about? I couldn't notice any significant differences. The game looked ace on PS3 but coming off Infamous SS...I don't know...

Ramrock

Banned
Interesting! Please tell us more. That one word in your post was already very nice.

So they've basically added some nice AA, 1080p, 60FPS and they call it 'remastered'. Yeah, it's good to hear, but with all that hype surrounding PS4's horsepower being utilized the best way possible by ND, I thought it should look MUCH better than what we saw in this teaser.
lmao...
I hope you know what the difference is between a ~remaster~ and a ~remake~.

MormaPope

Banned
Yeah, people are gonna be eating a lot of crow when this is released, I feel. It's a remaster, not a remake, and it's still going to look amazing.

But people desperate to mine this teaser for ammunition to present TLOU as "The most overrated game of all time" will have their fun until summer, I guess.

Nah, Sony is providing the weapons and ammunition with this trailer.

Mung

Is it worth 60 buck though?

I would say for someone who hasn't played the game before, which may include 'swing' gamers who've moved from 360 to ps4, it would totally be worth 60 bucks, considering the original ps3 game plus dlc costs a similar amount.

For those who have played the game, it depends on the extent of the upgrade and how much they really want it - value is subjective. In either case, the price will probably drop soon enough.

tfur

"a painting, come to life.."

They should of added that to the end of the trailer. Feel free to quote me ND.

Seriously though, it does look like a painting.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Wow. Full on fucking meltdown over here.

Stop liking what he doesn't like, guys!

MormaPope

Banned
"a painting, come to life.."

They should of added that to the end of the trailer. Feel free to quote me ND.

Seriously though, it does look like a painting.

It looks like mud butt. And when I say that I'm referencing the insanely poor image quality from uploading this video on youtube. The game will look great, this trailer makes the game look mud butty.

This trailer is providing ammunition for those who say TLOU is overrated?!

Yup. E! Online giving The Last of us GOTY really cements the game's quality, without knowing what E! Online did last year I doubted if The Last of us was a good piece of software.

Oscar

I "get" why they chose this more quiet scene, since it fits with the overall tone of the game.

With that said, they need to cater to the "casuals" who need to be convinced. There are more than enough brutal, action packed sequences to get some new people interested.

Vashetti

Banned
Go watch Tomb Raider: DE PS4 footage on YouTube. Even at 1080p it's muddy and looks like crap.

Play it natively on your PS4, looks beautiful.

Compression is the devil.

Lol they need to redo those textures at least, wow.

Wow yeah. Hype deflated. If it's literally the ps3 version upresed with some very minor changes as seen in that trailer then I don't think ill double dip even for the excellent multiplayer. I would've expected an initial trailer in the vain of tomb raider

But I feel it's the best game I've ever played, and the first game to make me actually make me feel genuine emotions like that of a movie.

It sounds like you should get over it, not me.

tfur

It looks like mud butt. And when I say that I'm referencing the insanely poor image quality from uploading this video on youtube. The game will look great, this trailer makes the game look mud butty.

"mud butt, come to life..."

Doctor Ninja

Sphincter Speaker
Go watch Tomb Raider: DE PS4 footage on YouTube. Even at 1080p it's muddy and looks like crap.

Play it natively on your PS4, looks beautiful.

Compression is the devil.

Sure but what we've seen doesn't really count, we need to see the actual gameplay.

KORNdoggy

Hahhahahaha...

For those who can't/haven't watched... It's a 1:27 video. 1:13 seconds is slides of the awards that Last of Us for PS3 got. The final 14 seconds is a camera pulling back on a practically static single scene in the game.

Let's compare:

WvKf9BV.png

WHBiRS9.png

PS3
PS4

(PS4 clip taken from Nerfgun's post)

have they increased the poly count on the wall? and added leaves?

I "get" why they chose this more quiet scene, since it fits with the overall tone of the game.

With that said, they need to cater to the "casuals" who need to be convinced. There are more than enough brutal, action packed sequences to get some new people interested.

At this point what does casual even mean? COD crowd? Facebook Crowd? Adventure games Crowd?

I'm confused of how the term switches so much. Not too long ago violence was synonym with the halls of Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament.

Pimpwerx

People should refrain from commenting on the visuals based on one 10s clip. It's not like we're not going to get a ton of media. A little patience before spouting off about disappointment and missed opportunities couldn't hurt. It's one of the best studios porting one their best games. I think they'll do a good job. Lesser studios have already done so this gen. PEACE.

well it´s my game of the generation, and I agree with the hype it has gotten. It truly is a masterpiece.

This is what happens when everything comes together perfectly from what developers have learnt over the years. The level of detail, story and how they draw us players in emotionally is unrivelled. thats why it is the game of the generation IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom