• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Wiz

I've only played through Seasons, so I'm not sure if I want to play through it first again. Has anyone played Ages first before going into Seasons? What are some key differences between Seasons 1st and Seasons 2nd?

Jawmuncher

Shiet I need both? Well fuck it ill grab them. Have heard nothing but good things and I love 2D Zelda. Well sans Zelda 1 and 2 on NES.

MechaX

I never actually got the chance to play either of these games, despite heavily playing a GBC back in Elementary.

I think I'll bite on this one at launch, and get Seasons first as most people here suggested (is Ages really that bad in comparison?)

TreIII

Ahhhh, excellent.

All we need is for Nintendo to provide a port of some kind of LTTP on the 3DS (looking at the GBA version here), and pretty much every game that directly ties into LTTP2 can be said to available on the 3DS.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
How is Links Awakening in comparision to these two games? If you had to purchase one from the three available on eShop, which would yall recommend?

How is Links Awakening in comparision to these two games? If you had to purchase one from the three available on eShop, which would yall recommend?

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game ever. These two lack the quirky charm of LA but they're still very good, I'd suggest going with LA first and then Ages and then Seasons.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Personally I like Link's Awakening more than these. I still feel like it's one of the best handheld games of all time. It was my first Game Boy game though, so maybe I'm a little biased :) It still holds up really well though in my opinion. I feel like it's a bit tighter than the Oracle games can be, but I haven't played them in awhile.

On the subject of music, I always liked this one from Seasons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--0AzKXCHj8 There's a really great remix of it on this CD

Myriadis

Links Awakening is a good game, but it shows its age. There are not as many secrets and details, the dungeons are often quite short and it's much easier than on the oracle games. It's still worth it for thwe quirky characters and the fairly good story twist and the music isn't bad either.

On the subject of music, I always liked this one from Seasons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--0AzKXCHj8 There's a really great remix of it on this CD

I should listen to that CD again. I don't like everything there but there are some excellent tracks on it that I heard over and over again.
----

Btw, I'm TeamAges. I personally prefer the more puzzle-based dungeons and the story was also more interesting to me.
My favorite tracks are Tarm Ruins and the one that plays on the Maze in Ages.

I've never played either so I might pick them up.

Can someone explain the advantage of playing both at the same time, if that's what you're supposed to do? Are they two different games or the same game with different sections? I don't get it.

Levyne

Banned
I've never played either so I might pick them up.

Can someone explain the advantage of playing both at the same time, if that's what you're supposed to do? Are they two different games or the same game with different sections? I don't get it.

They are unique games with similar progression. Do not think of it like pokemon red and blue or whatever. They each have unique overworlds and dungeons, though share many items.

You don't really play them at the same time. To "see everything", you play one, and then you are given a code to input into the other. Then, when you start your second game, the game will know of your accomplishments in the first, rather than being truly a "fresh start".

hachi

Banned
I never played past the first couple hour of these because they just felt like disorganized rom-hacks of the magnificent Link's Awakening (the most tightly designed Zelda of all time). I'm going to give them a second chance now.

kunonabi

I skipped out on the ages series when they came out since I had stopped playing them after not really enjoying LA or OoT so this will by first time playing them.

Grief.exe

Those 90's memories

iDf1msXIoqrU1.png

As a huge Zelda fan I'm very excited to buy these for my 3DS. I still own my original copies but this will be better than digging out my GBASP to play them again. I never did finish Seasons, got stuck on the woods puzzle were you had to go through in a certain season combination, so I look forward to finally finishing them. O and of course rerunning Ages, probably go for 100% this time.

CorvoSol

AW HELL YIS. Now I can have the entire best trilogy of Zelda Games on the 3DS. If there was a way to have ALttP, then I could have all 4 of the best 2D games.

I will be buying these. Some jerk in the 6th grade convinced me to lend him this in exchange for his spiderman GBC game and never traded me back, so i never finished seasons. My brother had ages but he's pretty good at making handhelds vanish into thin air, so i never played that one either. This changes on the 30th!

Pastry

Banned
Never got to play these despite LA being one of my favorite games of all time. Too much stuff to finish on my 3DS at the moment... secret levels in Mario 3DS, FE:A, Lego City and now these.

edit: Shit and Donkey Kong comes out soon also.

Just started my Oracle of Ages replay on the GBA (lost my cart for Oracle of Seasons so will be buying that on VC and linking to it).

It seems to work out okay too. The cart has an endgame first play file (Link + a chick walking), an endgame linked play file (Link playing a harp (for Ages)), and a very beginning Hero Mode file (Triforce in the corner, restarted the game after beating a linked game).

I think this means it will be my third time through Ages, but I don't remember it that well since I was 13 when I first played it), so still seems like a win.

Rhapsody

Banned
I pretty much forgot the layout of the map and dungeons in both Ages and Seasons. Really excited to play through it now (after Awakening).

TWILT

Banned
Oh geez, I just started Link's Awakening today (loving it BTW). Hope I finish it on time before these games come out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So... if I play Ages on the VC, will the code it gives the player at the end of the game work on the GBC cartridge of Seasons? There's no reason it wouldn't, right?

They are unique games with similar progression. Do not think of it like pokemon red and blue or whatever. They each have unique overworlds and dungeons, though share many items.

You don't really play them at the same time. To "see everything", you play one, and then you are given a code to input into the other. Then, when you start your second game, the game will know of your accomplishments in the first, rather than being truly a "fresh start".

Perfect explanation. Thank you very much.

Jarsonot

So just to be clear, there's no point in playing these at the same time, hopping back and forth between them?

I should completely finish one before starting the other, right? The code I get for completing one of the games is only imported at the very beginning of the other game, right?

Top Bottom