• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Neiteio

A sampling of familiar faces in the Oracle games:
Zora_(Oracle_of_Ages).png
Guru-Guru_(Oracle_of_Seasons).png
Talon_(Oracle_of_Seasons).png
Ingo_Artwork_(Oracle_of_Seasons).png
Carpenters_(Oracle_of_Ages).png
Happy_Mask_Salesman_(Oracle_of_Ages).png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I beat Ages back in the day, but never completed Seasons. Will probably buy and play both again, and finally finish what I started so long ago.

Frolow

Banned
Anyone know if the GBA shop is included in the 3DS version? 100% completion for the rings will be impossible if it isn't.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Really great games. Although when I replayed them a couple of years ago, I found the script a bit more cringe worthy than I originally thought.

I'll be buying and playing through them again for the third time, they're that good.

I own Ages on cart, after I beat it and went to the store to get Seasons they said they'd stopped stocking GBC games :'(

Somehow in the decade or so since I've never picked up a copy from ebay or even an emulated copy. Maybe this is my time to beat them both.

Neiteio

I own Ages on cart, after I beat it and went to the store to get Seasons they said they'd stopped stocking GBC games :'(

Somehow in the decade or so since I've never picked up a copy from ebay or even an emulated copy. Maybe this is my time to beat them both.
If you still have your password handy from the Ages cart, you can even continue straight on to Seasons, lol.

zroid

Banned

Zekes!

Yo the Oracle games are hot fire. It's been a long time since I've played them but I remember Oracle of Seasons having some really dope items and item usage, which pushed it over Ages as my favourite of the two. Definitely going to have to grab these

Salaadin

The May 30th release date in the OP is for NA?

When was this announced?

I need to start paying attention to Nintendo Direct.

Day one, etc.

PsionBolt

Just to be clear, these are completely different games?

Yep. Both are full games on their own. The reason they're spoken of together is that after you beat one, you get a code that you can input in the other and get various New Game + style bonuses and the true ending.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Never played these before so I'm looking quite forward to picking both up.

JavyOO7

Never played these titles since I never had GBC. And just like similar situations with EarthBound and Yoshi Island, when I had a GBA and saw OoA/OoS on Best Buy that one day on clearance I never pulled the trigger. Doh.

Not sure what to expect but I can tell you this much: I love the names of each title. They sound so cool... <3

So hyped for this. I beat them for the first time two years ago, and I'm really looking forward to play them again.

Both are amazing games, but I liked Ages a bit more.

Khrno

Seasons is the best handheld Zelda ever. Can't wait for next week to get them!

You know what, Capcom should make a new Zelda game again but for Wii U this time, with DD's engine.

Fireblend

Banned
Amazing, amazing games. Probably my favorite GBC games period, and both are in my top 5 Zelda games.

Just to be clear, these are completely different games?

Yep, you play one after the other (you can choose which to start with, which is brilliant, just remember to input the password on the second game after you finish the first for the story to make sense).

Schlomo

I recently finished Seasons for the first time (Japanese 3DS). At first it feels like a romhack with the re-used sprites and music. But it's really a decently sized game with enough ideas of its own. I'd rank it about the same as LA, below LttP. I think I'll wait a few months before playing Ages so I don't get 2D Zelda fatigue.

Jharp

I'm a Seasons man through and through, and have been since Day 1 when I was in 6th grade and picked up both these games.

But Ages is still baller, and the second best Zelda game.

Fuck yeah, the Oracle games rule.

So excited to play through these. Will be buying both titles day one and based on the recommendations in this thread will be playing through Seasons and then Ages.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Never played these, and LA is my favorite Zelda. Guess I'm dropping 10 bucks.

MYE

AGES is fucking awesome and I still own the BG cartridge. Get it people
Never played SEASONS. Will buy

Celegus

Sounds like these still hold up well, might have to finally check them out. I do love me some top-down Zelda goodness.

Also: I never realized they were actually different games. Always thought it was more like Pokemon Red/Blue, just a slight variation.

eggwolio

And beautifully backlit, in perfect color! The GBA SP and GCN GB Player always did funny things to the colors, making them darker than they should be. On the 3DS, not only is it backlit, but it looks exactly like it should look!

Only downside is dat postage stamp sized screen if you play at native resolution. I gotta get an XL.

I know someone who got start at the start of Ages. I never got to tell them the solution and couldn't show them as I only had seasons on me. By stuck I mean (spoiler for people who want fresh experience)
can't talk to Nayru...I mean the solution is talk to all NPcs then talk to one again...
That seems to be one for the recurring "places you get stuck" thread.

I'm pleased NOE decided not to simulate the pointless delay the game got first time round (no seriously, I e-mailed someone at NOE and they were like "I'm not sure why its not out either, the games been done for months").

Ages doesn't have this though.
It has a different rhythm section which I found really hard when I was younger but a recent playthrough I aced it first time (I didn't finish that playthrough as I got stuck near the end of the final dungeon the bit with...
that room with 30 staircases, forgot which was the real one
)

Top Bottom