• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.
ok fellas i think it's time for the new thread. i need anyone and everyone who is interested in playing to post here. if you didn't join in the tournament and still want to play contact me via pm. anyways here is what i wrote in the old thread:

the league is going up soon guys, i paid for it and am just awaiting confirmation. please register at the site, www.leaguedaddy.com, if you are interested in the league.

if you are not going to report game or player stats perhaps an online league isn't for you. myself and others are going to be putting a lot of work into making the league a success so the least you can do is comply with the desired results of the league.

i also have issues to go over with a few new players that missed games in the tournament. not necessarily ONLY because some people missed games, but also the schedule of others may not work out. but i will be talking to you in AIM or otherwise as the league date approaches.

i expect to have the league ready to go on monday. but there are no guarantees because i dont know how quickly the process can happen until i am seeing for myself.

we have some ideas (thanks to the leaguedaddy forums) on inputting the stats (such as the winner of the game inputs the stats for both teams, thereby eliminating the sore loser anger syndrome), but that will be taken care of soon enough.

AND, just a few more facts and questions:
-------

FACTS:

* Sim league. I don't give a crap whether you are using the browns, rams, or someone in between, i don't want to see any 4-wide bullcrap everydown. im not telling you how to run your offense but that style of play is honestly no fun to play against. it's not about winning and losing and finding the glitches that guarantee you victory guys, it's about having a fun time. no one has fun playing against 4 wide all game, or playing against 9-man blitz packages every down. if you want to do those things here and there, go ahead that is just good football, but every down? no.

* we are going to be playing on all-pro difficulty, 6 minute quarters, with Fair Play turned ON. i am willing to bend on these issues if a lot of people want to play less minutes per game, or higher diffuclty or with fair play off.

* If you are disconnected, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING! normally, one person or the other gets disconnected. if you are the one who DID NOT LOSE CONNECTION, please "continue vs. CPU". quickly pause the game and record the stats to that point. THEN, play the remaining time against your opponent in a new game. i.e. lets say the game disconnects you at the beginning of the 3rd. record the stats to that point, then start a new game and play the 2 quarters or whatever is left.

if you and your opponent both want to replay the entire game from scratch, be my guest. so long as the stats are reported.

* There is going to be a strict 3-day play schedule. It would be naive and foolish of me to expect EVERY player to play EVERY game ontime EVERY week. if you miss a game or two, i understand that. we all have lives. but if you are a chronic flaker, or you dont show up at the right time causing your opponent to be off, you are going to be replaced in the league and you wont be invited to future leagues. i think we'll have a great time playing in the 20+ (or whatever we end up with) man league, but i honestly have no problem at all playing in a 12 man league. so don't be a jackass and miss a bunch of games. i am going to move the weeks ahead whether you play your game or not, then at the end of the season, you can make the game up. if you miss more than 3 games during the season i am going to consider you a flake.

* if you have any qualms about playing certain people, don't like certain people, don't have "good connections" with certain people, ANY issues you have regarding possible scheduling, please private message me. i'm not going to put new people in a hopeless situation (i.e. i'm not going to put dcx in a division with ramirez, gunstar and dm... no offense to him but that shit aint going to happen).

* Again, stat reporting is required to play in the league.
---------

PM, IM or email me w/ any questions or concerns

again i am assuming nothing cause i dont know who wants to play and who doesn't with those stipulations (not even you dm!). if you are interested, respond confirming you want in the league.

1. fmt - 49ers
2. fifty - ravens
3. ramirez - steelers
4. dmczaf - buccaneers
5. mrbob - bears
6. drey - colts
7. slo - vikings
8. azyuma86 - packers
9. truelize - falcons
10. matrix - texans
11. CP - ?
12. wellington - giants
13. dcx - bills
14. ando - broncos
15. lonestar - seachickens
16. DJtet- panthers
17. gstaff - lions
18. malley - chiefs
19. hgplayer - cowboys
20. newsguy - dolphins
21. rors - raiders
22. coldblooded - cardinals

also for those who are in the league i need input on minutes per quarter you want played. on the 4 min ranked quarters, i am getting appox. 30-40 plays per game. that is pretty unrealistic (obviously). if we play 5 min quarters that will extend the range to perhaps 40-50 plays per game, which is still below nfl average. nfl average is appox. 50-60 plays per game. how do you guys feel about this? i am cool to play 5 OR 6 min quarters, whatever majority wants. maybe we can do another vote thing?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I can't believe I have to reply to be on that list. :lol Of course I'm in.

But we need a spread sheet made up. Someone get on that. STAT!!!

I don't care how long the quarters are. I like playing with 6, but anything is better than 4. Fatigue doesn't even start to set in when you play 4 minute quarters.

AIM and gamertag are both: Truelize

RAIDERS! and Nobody take them...MINE!

Also, can't we just send a pic of the EA e-mailed stats after a game??
If not, I'm still cool with it but sign me up.
I won't be working my jobs crappy shift soon so I'll be good to go.

AIM : Babyboy818717
Gamertag : iceDragon7

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Count me in,I want to be the first GA person to go 0-16.....Texans for me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
iceDragon7 said:
RAIDERS! and Nobody take them...MINE!

Also, can't we just send a pic of the EA e-mailed stats after a game??
If not, I'm still cool with it but sign me up.
I won't be working my jobs crappy shift soon so I'll be good to go.

AIM : Babyboy818717
Gamertag : iceDragon7

I don't know man. Ror played some with us last year and he's always the Raiders. I'm not the boss around here though. :D

Well then...I'll be willing to battle him to the end on an unranked 15 minute Quarter Duel ONLINE!

just kidding...But I will play against "Ror" for the Raiders.

Fifty

Yes, that's the best way to settle it. Everyone deserve a shot. Hell, if someone wants the Ravens.....I'll give them a shot at using them if they can beat me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I vote for 5 minute quarters. Anything else is too short or too long. The NCAA games were such a chore, and I know I ended up just asking my opponents if we could play 5 minute quarters instead.

I'm in with the Giants. If anyone has beef with me picking them, they gotta beat me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm in with the SEAAAAAAAAAAAACHICKENS

I want to die of Statisitus. Give me Stats or give me Waffles.

Andokuky

Banned
Is there a limit to how many times one can challenge for a team they want? Like say someone else wants the Broncos but they've already lost trying to get another team? Or how about if I get pummeled in a game to see who uses Denver, could I then challenge say the Colts owner for his team? Idk if the Colts owner is a new guy or not too, just an example. I think limits would be best but I'm cool either way.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Im in FMT , i dont care about the time for quarters, i dont notice it any way....... if we get a spreadsheet, I can see this being real easy... also I think that FMT should open a new email just to receive all of our Team stats from EA..... before each game we just turn that option on and it will send it to FMT's league email directly... I know I dont keep my on for regular online games, but I would turn it on before each season game... just an idea.. I am in with the chiefs, and there is no discussion about that, CP got them next season, what did you say??? shutup...

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
you might have to play Konex for that...

so youll probably get them... >_<
Man if this is the way to go, i would like to play Trulize for the Falcons...but only if he would want the challenge. I'll be content with the Bills.

DCX

Slo

annoyed_sweatdrop.gif

Personally I think we should stick with the same system as last year for picking teams: regs get first shot season 1, and then for season 2 we draft teams by worst record.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I agree with slo, that's the way it should be for regs, unless they want to offer the team up for the challenge. I think that's what FMT wanted anyway. So like right now it'd be:

1. fmt - 49ers
2. fifty - ravens
3. ramirez - steelers
4. dmczaf - buccaneers
5. mrbob - bears
6. drey - colts (Challengeable)
7. slo - vikings
8. CK- Giants
9. AZ Greg - Packers (Challengeable)
10. Truelize - Falcons
11. Icedragon - Raiders (Challengeable)
12. Matrix - Texans
13. Andokuky - Broncos (Challengeable)
14. DCX - Bills (Challengeable)
15. HG - Cowboys
16. gstaff - Lions (Challengeable)
17. Lonestar - Seachickens
18. DJ_Tet - Panthers (Challengeable)

If anyone wants to offer up their teams for challenges, I think that would be cool. I am putting up the Giants, but I don't think anyone wants them. :lol

What do we do about guys like Ramirez and Slo who did not play in Season 4? Does anyone who played last year get to call their teams regardless? If that's the case, what about Drey?

I fully intend to challenge DCX for the Bills next season! (Unless we go with the old rules. :( )

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DCX said:
Man if this is the way to go, i would like to play Trulize for the Falcons...but only if he would want the challenge. I'll be content with the Bills.

DCX

no... the regulars from last season get the teams they used, >_< is not a regular to the madden league so his lions are up for grabs... but true always had the falcons, and hg used the cowboys, and so on and so forth...

sorry to repeat wells, I didnt see his post...

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I agree with slo, that's the way it should be for regs, unless they want to offer the team up for the challenge. I think that's what FMT wanted anyway. So like right now it'd be:

1. fmt - 49ers
2. fifty - ravens
3. ramirez - steelers
4. dmczaf - buccaneers
5. mrbob - bears
6. drey - colts (Challengeable)
7. slo - vikings
8. CK- Giants
9. AZ Greg - Packers (Challengeable)
10. Truelize - Falcons
11. Icedragon - Raiders (Challengeable)
12. Matrix - Texans
13. Andokuky - Broncos (Challengeable)
14. DCX - Bills (Challengeable)
15. HG - Cowboys
16. gstaff - Lions (Challengeable)
17. Lonestar - Seachickens
18. DJ_Tet - Panthers (Challengeable)

If anyone wants to offer up their teams for challenges, I think that would be cool. I am putting up the Giants, but I don't think anyone wants them. :lol

What do we do about guys like Ramirez and Slo who did not play in Season 4? Does anyone who played last year get to call their teams regardless? If that's the case, what about Drey?

I fully intend to challenge DCX for the Bills next season! (Unless we go with the old rules. :( )
Bring it on!!! :) How long until i can become a regular? Year? Two?

DCX

Lonestar

Can't we just cancel the tourny and go right into the League. There are stats to be collected!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:

DCX

:lol I'm glad I have my seniority. You can challenge me when you've played more seasons on GAF than I have. :D So unless I stop playing for some reason that will be .....never.
Your blood doesn't run red/black/white like mine does man. I just couldn't live with another team.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Next season it's not challenge based. What we've always done is given the first pics to the worst players.

So if Truelize ends 11-5 and DCX ends 6-10, DCX can take the Falcons. You will just have to find someone else!

:lol at you being a bigger Falcon's fan than DCX though. :lol

Actually, how do you QB slide? I have not been able to figure it out with this newfangled control scheme.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Next season it's not challenge based. What we've always done is given the first pics to the worst players.

So if Truelize ends 11-5 and DCX ends 6-10, DCX can take the Falcons. You will just have to find someone else!

:lol at you being a bigger Falcon's fan than DCX though. :lol

Actually, how do you QB slide? I have not been able to figure it out with this newfangled control scheme.

I'm not gonna have a challenge as to who's a bigger fan. :lol This isn't MTV.

I guess I might be tanking a few games this year then. :D

Slide is supposed to just be a slight tap on the X button again. But I haven't been able to get it to work.

Slo

I wouldn't mind giving up my Vikes, hell I've played with other teams before. But given that I'm about to rattle off 4-5 consecutive Super Bowl wins, I'd like to play them in season one since I probably won't see them again until Madden 2007.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
:lol I'm glad I have my seniority. You can challenge me when you've played more seasons on GAF than I have. :D So unless I stop playing for some reason that will be .....never.
Your blood doesn't run red/black/white like mine does man. I just couldn't live with another team.
You might be right...my blood runs orange and blue....i' a die hard Knicks fan. I'm a huge Falcon fan, but die hard i am not...i only know the Falcons of the Andre Rision, Chandler, Primetime and MC Hammer days :D It's ok though, i'm sure you wouldn't want to risk playing me and losing ATL, no harm no foul ;) I do have dibbs on ATL Season 2 :) Unless Konex decide to use them :)

DCX

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Can't we just cancel the tourny and go right into the League. There are stats to be collected!

Yeah, plus that tourny is a giant fraudopalooza.

I do have dibbs on ATL Season 2 Unless Konex decide to use them

The way team selection has always worked for the second (and third, and fourth) seasons is that we go by ranking.......Superbowl champ gets first pick, then the last place person gets to pick his team, and the second last, and so on. It might not be that fair (the guy who loses in the superbowl gets the last pick!!) but that's at least how it's been done.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
You might be right...my blood runs orange and blue....i' a die hard Knicks fan. I'm a huge Falcon fan, but die hard i am not...i only know the Falcons of the Andre Rision, Chandler, Primetime and MC Hammer days :D It's ok though, i'm sure you wouldn't want to risk playing me and losing ATL, no harm no foul ;) I do have dibbs on ATL Season 2 :) Unless Konex decide to use them :)

DCX

Only if my record is better than yours. So we'll see.

Uh, this sucks. I don't mind Malley taking the Chiefs since he won the league last year and all. But minus Madden last year, I've been in just about every GA related league... I feel like I'm a regular.

Also, If you lose your first challenge can you keep challenging other people for their teams? If I win a team am I going to have to possibley face challenges from many others wanting the team also? Eh, I don't want the dirty ass Chargers. This doesn't sound like it is worth my time when I will most likely just end up with what no one else wanted anyway. Just give me the one team no one else would touch I guess.

Lonestar

Just wondering, but in these leagues, do you have the ability to play ahead, or even skip weeks if you and your opponent goes and and plays? Or does it force a Week 1---Week 2---Week 3 format, with a set time before it opens up the next week to enter in stats?

One major problem I've always had, is getting the time to play people. Things come out of nowhere at times, and BOOM, you miss that weeks game. If it was open to be able to play these games early, it'd help avoid that I think. Could keep a backdoor time limit, just to make sure you get week 1, 2, 3 over with early.

Fifty

If you want the Ravens they're challengable. :D I'm a man of honor!

edit: I liked CP's post before the edit!

DJ_Tet

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Edited to sound slightly less whiney. Just slightly.

I feel your pain, however I'm not even in the position of being a regular. I'd hate to play as any other team but the Panthers, but I'm willing to do it just to become a regular.

As John Fox says though, "It is what it is."

Ramirez

I personally think every team should be up for grabs if two people want them...win a game,prove you deserve to play with them ;)

Ramirez said:
I personally think every team should be up for grabs if two people want them...win a game,prove you deserve to play with them ;)

What if more people decide they want that team than just two? Is the winner of a challenge going to have to go through many more challenges if more people decide they want that team? What happens to the person that loses? Do they get to constantly challenge other people until they get a team that is acceptable to them? Say, can I start with the top rated team and work my way down the list until I get one of them? Challenging for teams could possibly be a huge time sink. Teams should have been given to regulars, and then if there was a dispute between those guys it could have been worked out, and then after all was good the remaining teams be first come first serve. Then for season 2 we could select teams by record. Challenging for teams now would be fine if we only had a couple people fighting over teams, but the potential for it to get out of hand is too easy.

I don't mind not getting the Chiefs. Malley deserves them. He did win the league last year, and he was always nice enough to give them to me in the ESPN leagues. But instead of getting a shot at the leftover teams I'm kind of stuck at the bottom of the barrel now. I'll be fine with whatever for the league I guess, but I don't have to be happy with it :)

Top Bottom