• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DCX

DCX
I'm having a tough time stopping the run lately...i got burned a few times online with a play that faked a handoff to the fullback and handed off to the tailback towards the opposite side of the field, Cloudy did it against me last night, but i get torched on that play. I find easy to defend the pass by letting the CPU take control of the defender for a few seconds (just ot know where my assignment is) then reading the offense.

DCX

Rorschach looks like you haven't been on today, I'm going to work now and if you want, I'll be on at 11:30 pm west coast time in case your even on that late. PM me or whatever.
I really got to win those Raiders :D

hgplayer1

DJ_Tet said:
Is there a way to hot-route a slant? I'm having a hard time with hot routes this year, sometimes the hot block works, some plays it doesn't (and I have to check R to see if it did or not). I know you can't make a WR block, I've got a few plays where the RBs won't stay in when I hot block them. Thanks for the comprehensive manual EA.

to hot route a slant you use the R or L trigger. white and black buttons are hot route blocks.

DCX said:
I'm having a tough time stopping the run lately...i got burned a few times online with a play that faked a handoff to the fullback and handed off to the tailback towards the opposite side of the field, Cloudy did it against me last night, but i get torched on that play. I find easy to defend the pass by letting the CPU take control of the defender for a few seconds (just ot know where my assignment is) then reading the offense.

DCX

Ive got one of those misdirection plays in my playbook and it seems to work too well. borderline cheese. I dont use it a lot at all but the times that Ive had its an almost instant 8 yards. there are a lot of misdirection plays that seem to be borderline cheese but none of them seem to be unstoppable once you realize its in your opponents playbook.

Slo

Either have you DEs run containment, or if it's short yardage and you have to pinch your D-Line, spread the linebackers out and play as a safety.

DJ_Tet

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
to hot route a slant you use the R or L trigger. white and black buttons are hot route blocks.

Great, thanks. I have also noticed that you can hot route with either stick, are there 4 or 8 patterns per stick, and is there a difference between which stick you hot route with?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright, I have a question. Before the game came out there was an exploit in the DB AI such that if the player takes control of the WR and then goes around the intended target, the DB will follow the WR instead of going to where the ball is going to land (Man to Man coverage). I did it to Bob once, and I will happily demonstrate it to anyone that wants to see it. Run around correctly, the DB will not be able to catch your WR to make a tackle and you have a clear lane to the TD every time. I say this type of play be outlawed.

Andokuky

Banned
I'm liking the ability to add news and shit about my team. Already added one article ;) This feature should make things more interesting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CK did show me this exploit, and yeah, I can see what he's talking about. Only a player in Zone seems to actually go for the ball, Man to Man will forget the ball exists.

hgplayer1

DJ_Tet said:
Great, thanks. I have also noticed that you can hot route with either stick, are there 4 or 8 patterns per stick, and is there a difference between which stick you hot route with?

the right stick is used for playmaker hot routing meaning you dont have to press Y to use it and it will only hot route your primary receiver. I think it gives you a fade route, a flat in or out route and a screen type route where the reciever just stays at the LOS. you can also use the right stick to assign these routes to a non primary reciever by doing a hot route assingment. the other hot routes are normal in and out patterns, straight, hook, and slants. so you actually have 10 not including hot blocks.

icedragon, i can't give you the raiders or even let you play for them because originally i was going to just give them to shadowred. then i realized rors, a regular last year, actually wanted them. so now i have 2 people i am supposed to give the raiders to. the only fair solution is to let those 2 guys fight it out for the right to use them. if the winner of that game wants to give you a shot at them i couldn't care less, but as it stands now the winner of rors vs. shadowred is getting the raiders.

i'm also concerned about your schedule because you missed the opening round game and caused gunstar to forefit a tournament he was likely to win. we'll see how you do with the pre-season games, and i know it's not your fault (you have work and so on), but i have to think about the entire league first, and one loose end can cause some real problems.

Slo

I don't want to speak for dskillz, but he told me that he was going to wait for the official EA leagues to start.

Rorschach

Heh didn't shadowred miss his first game as well?

Anyway, what's his aim? He's banned, so he can't post here. How can I contact him? I know his gamertag is "shadowredz" right?

AIM: hawakubo
gamertag: r0rschach

and I'm on IRC all the time....

Fifty

Bah! We're putting so much work into this, it'll kick the shit out of whatever half-asse league EA does. Fine by me, but that's the truth!

edit: I trust Icedragon more than Shadow to play his games anyway.

I wish there was a way for the team articles to be posted on the front page. It's a shame that people are putting work into stuff that is hidden away on their team page.

edit again: Gunstar is in

FMT, I see you gave King Vit the Titans. I also see he hasn't posted in this thread, or on the league message board What's up with that? Call me a cynic I just don't want anyone forgetting about this. Do you know he's down 100%?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Looking at other league pages it looks like you can post some sort of news on the front page with a bunch of other stories. We should try asking around on the msg boards

just a placeholder for now fifty (regarding king V)

as for shadow, he told me before hand that he couldn't play in the tournament because he was going on vacation. i told him to just join and forefit the game on purpose, so that was my fault. we wouldn't have filled the tournament without him so i thought it was the best course of action.

his aim is Shadowredz

DJ_Tet

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Looking at other league pages it looks like you can post some sort of news on the front page with a bunch of other stories. We should try asking around on the msg boards

Someone's news was up yesterday on the front page before FMT put the preseason announcement up. I added some news to the Panthers yesterday but it never made the front page :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just a placeholder for now fifty (regarding king V)

as for shadow, he told me before hand that he couldn't play in the tournament because he was going on vacation. i told him to just join and forefit the game on purpose, so that was my fault. we wouldn't have filled the tournament without him so i thought it was the best course of action.

his aim is Shadowredz
Ok I added him and I sent him a Live invite earlier.

AZ Greg

I don't know if you guys know or not, but be careful when using the different type of I form plays. If its a run the HB will be assigned the black button and the FB gets the white button. If its a pass the HB will be assigned the white button and FB gets the black button. So now the D knows what you will do before you snap it. :(

CB3

Damn most of my run plays are out of the I Formation. Hopefully EA will fix this with the next update

Rorschach

There goes the only thing I had going for me...the element of surprise. Almost wish you hadn't posted that. Even if other people knew, I didn't want to know. Now I'll feel all self concious. :lol

hgplayer1

AZYUMA86 said:
I don't know if you guys know or not, but be careful when using the different type of I form plays. If its a run the HB will be assigned the black button and the FB gets the white button. If its a pass the HB will be assigned the white button and FB gets the black button. So now the D knows what you will do before you snap it. :(

this honestly almost makes me want to drop from the league. honestly

Ok fine, we'll see how my I do in preseason.
So instead of going with my Raiders...I call NY JETS. If I can't take them, then give me any other OPEN team. But my first choice is JETS

newsguy

AZYUMA86 said:

wait, what? So online people can see my passing icons? If it's after the snap, why would it matter? You mean before the snap when I pull the R trigger I could see the opponents passing icons?

Slo

newsguy said:
wait, what? So online people can see my passing icons? If it's after the snap, why would it matter? You mean before the snap when I pull the R trigger I could see the opponents passing icons?

Yeah, they have to be able to see your icons in order to do coverage audibles. They can double cover the X receiver for example.

I really, really wish I would have never seen this. Fucking EA. :-(

Fifty

Wooo. This has nothing to do with the league, I just wanted to brag that I now have the level two team usage trophy! For winning with all 30 teams....so tiring, but I'm done!

CB3

yeah im working on the lvl 1 all nfl trophy. I basically have the bad teams(browns, titans) and the really good teams (Pats, Colts).

newsguy

Slo said:
Yeah, they have to be able to see your icons in order to do coverage audibles. They can double cover the X receiver for example.

I really, really wish I would have never seen this. Fucking EA. :-(

:lol Damn, I'm a idiot. I double up, shade, play tight, play off all the time. I think I do this too much, yet I forgot I needed passing icons for this :lol I'm wayyy to tired to be posting.

JayFro

Banned
AZYUMA86 said:

You probably shouldn't have even bothered posting this, I read this on the Madden forums at Xbox.com about 4-5 days ago and people were pretty upset about it. This glitch let's the defense know what you are doing out of certain sets which makes playing games online against someone you don't know almost pointless. I haven't even bothered trying the glitch, but many people seemed pretty upset about it on the forums.

AZ Greg

Sorry to the people who are upset about me posting the glitch, but I just felt like it would be more fair if everyone knew and was on even ground. Also didn't want you wondering why your I formation and I variation plays weren't working. :(

Rorschach

Mine too. It's my favorite formation, but that will probably change soon. Let's not kill the messenger. This was bound to reach us, anyway and I can see where he's coming from. He could have just "kept it to himself" and capitalized on it. It won't change the way I play defense, but my offense is going back to the drawing board.

ColdBlooded33 said:
actually my I formation plays are still working :lol

Shat ap ju bastard, it's only cuz your RB gets a for sure break tackle after every run.
Also Fifty, isnt there 32 teams?....you said you won with all 30...just pointing out.

CB3

iceDragon7 said:
Shat ap ju bastard, it's only cuz your RB gets a for sure break tackle after every run.
Also Fifty, isnt there 32 teams?....you said you won with all 30...just pointing out.

Mad because i broke off 240 rushing yards against you with Michael Bennett? :D

JayFro

Banned
Oh hell..........let's see if EA actually does something about this or not. The Xbox version could be patched I'm sure, and hopefully this won't be a problem on the 360 version with this much of a heads up on it.

Posted August 16th. I'm not sure if I should leave this link up or not, but I'm sure people will find out about this at some point playing online.

Fifty

Hmmm....Not good at all, if it's true. Hard to say what we should do, except just try and forget it. He did so well because he was trying to exploit it and prove a point. Personally I won't read this again, and I've already forgot what the signs are to detect these things. Damn, I don't know what to say other than that it could be very bad if people pay attention to those factors.

JayFro

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
Hmm, how utterly depressing.

Why on earth would EA allow the defense online to see the pulsing icon?

A damn good question indeed, and you can pretty much bank on the fact that top ranked Madden players are using this each game. There are other sets though that you can't tell what will happen, I formation however is pretty much useless. The problem with this glitch is you won't even know if someone is using it against you unless they make it really obvious by bringing all the guys in the box on every running play.

CB3

This wont affect me because i have a great running game this year. As well as a good Rushing D so i dont need a glitch like this to help me

Edit: i expect a patch for this PRONTO. Ea was talking about this in an interview about how they would be able to fix things like this with a patch unlike last year. MAKE IT HAPPEN

JayFro

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
This wont affect me because i have a great running game this year. As well as a good Rushing D so i dont need a glitch like this to help me

Edit: i expect a patch for this PRONTO. Ea was talking about this in an interview about how they would be able to fix things like this with a patch unlike last year. MAKE IT HAPPEN

It should be possible for Xbox owners, and things like this that ruin games should be patched, but what about PS2 owner's?

Top Bottom