• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
From Earlier today:
12:04] Baby Boy8187 17: welp, this preseason game is a good way to show my "connection reliability"
[12:04] Baby Boy8187 17: they will probably think its my connection
:lol :lol

12:17] Baby Boy8187 17: so matrix stopped there
[12:17] Baby Boy8187 17: to record the stats
[12:17] Baby Boy8187 17: hes only gonna record from when i left off

So im guessing matrix recorded the stats but icedragon is at work so i cant ask him for sure what happened.

Edit: well there you go

DCX

DCX
My Xbox is acting up...it doesn't want to go into menus or nothing...the power light turns on and everything reads the disc etc, but it shows nothing on the screen. This happens after i play for a while, if i try to power down, and wait fr a bit, i can't power it back up...i have to wait a while to get it started again...argh this sucks becuase i could have gotten my pre-season game done and over with by now...

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DCX said:
My Xbox is acting up...it doesn't want to go into menus or nothing...the power light turns on and everything reads the disc etc, but it shows nothing on the screen. This happens after i play for a while, if i try to power down, and wait fr a bit, i can't power it back up...i have to wait a while to get it started again...argh this sucks becuase i could have gotten my pre-season game done and over with by now...

DCX

damn man, that is the same thing that happened to me until mine died.... it happened recently with madden....it just flat out died... i had to buy a new one.. dont turn that shit off...

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
damn man, that is the same thing that happened to me until mine died.... it happened recently with madden....it just flat out died... i had to buy a new one.. dont turn that shit off...
ugh...i'd hate to get a new Xbox, although i'm on my second PS2...just hoping it survives til 360, then to find out Madden for XBOX isn't B/C with 360 :p I have played online with Madden for like 4 hours straight because i'm affraid if i turn it off it won't come back when i want to play...like now...

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
laughing at the Griese thing.

I'm seeing a "points against" on the team stats, but me and DJ don't have anything. I think we filled in everything correctly, but don't see it changing.

hgplayer1

goddam the online bitches and their 3 play offenses and calling time outs with under a minute to go and making the game last another almost 10 minutes when the game was already over in their favor just so they can score again. when are they gonna have a "Little Bitch" option for feedback?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I predict Carr throws 9 ints against Fifty :(

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Andokuky said:
My internet is fucked up right now for some reason. Comcast said they'd be by on Tuesday to fix it though.

Man, I can't catch a break this year. Well, when you get it set up I will be on Tuesday night around 8 PM EST.

JayFro

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
JayFro let me know if you can play today

Sorry about that, I was out of town and just got home about 30 minutes ago. If you can play tonight it's 8:23pm central time where I am. I can go on right now to play if you want.

JayFro

CB3

Fuck i hate when your playing someone and he disconnects, you finish against the computer and win but you still get a loss counted to you. WTF ea needs to fix that

Fifty

I'm getting quicker at entering the stats in. It's still tough work, but it'll be rewarding. I almost wish I lost that last game against matrix just so I'd have practice staying composed and entering the stats in after losing a close game.

edit: and yeah, feel free to go ahead and play your second game if you're done your first. The point of this preseason is for people to get used to the process and to make sure everyone can handle it. Normally we wouldn't play ahead like this, but it works in this situation.

newsguy

Malleymal said:
newsguy, we are due for battle... let me know when u can go... mrblacknj on aol...
]

Hey man. I sent you an IM, but I'm sure you're playing. I'm still at work and won't be home till midnight eastern. I can play anytime before noon eastern tomorrow (schedule change). I'm off tues. and wed. if you can't tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Only damn way to stay in a game with the Ravens is to play as good as D as you can and run,its just impossible to throw on them this year.

I should never ever attempt to throw in the redzone against that team,instead of going for a FG to put me up 7,I play stupid and try to get a td...mistake,fucking A.

Btw stats are becoming easier to enter now that I have done it twice,even after losing,ive lost so much this year its really not bothering me.

Fifty

Good question. I haven't been. Mainly because the PR system is total shit. If you guys wanted to I suppose you could, but it'd inflate the real KR stats if you use the same guy for both PRing and KRing, and we're all out of player categories. If you have a seperate punt returner, I suppose it's fine, since we can easily differentiate without adding another category. This isn't the final word at all, I'm just saying what I think makes sense.

Andokuky

Banned
Gunstar77 said:
Man, I can't catch a break this year. Well, when you get it set up I will be on Tuesday night around 8 PM EST.

Me too. First my tourney opponent is on vacation and now this.

I just got home and my PS2 is connecting fine, so the problem must be my Xbox. I need a new one anyways but can't buy one until Thursday. I have Madden on PS2 and Xbox so if either of my preseason opponents have it on PSpoo maybe we could play on that lol. Likely not though, oh well. My Xbox is still not connecting. If Thursday is too long to wait just boot me, can't believe the luck I am having here.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Andokuky said:

I just got home and my PS2 is connecting fine, so the problem must be my Xbox. I need a new one anyways but can't buy one until Thursday. I have Madden on PS2 and Xbox so if either of my preseason opponents have it on PSpoo maybe we could play on that lol. Likely not though, oh well. My Xbox is still not connecting. If Thursday is too long to wait just boot me, can't believe the luck I am having here.

Well the EA servers have kicked me out about 5 times today, so there might not be anything wrong with your Xbox either.

DCX

DCX
Andokuky said:

Welcome to the club, great time for my XBOX to die, not to mention i don't have a save the Xbox fund :( Argh!! I will try to get one soon...but i don't know, it might not be til payday which...is Friday coming up....if need be...drop me from the leauge or something...i can't play without a Xbox no matter how much time i have on my hands or how committed...

DCX

Fifty

Good job so far entering the stats in guys. I've heard no complaints and it'll only get easier. Keep up the good work.

Lonestar

Everyone needs to look out for "points against". Even the COMMISH! (COUGH, 7 FMT, DM 35 COUGH) :p

CB3

Good game JayFro. :lol you got robbed on that play where Chad Johnson had the catch and my Safety knocked if out. As well as my catch with Keenan Mcardell where your DB swatted it into my hands. Good Game.

So what exactly do i put for points against? *confused*

JayFro

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Good game JayFro. :lol you got robbed on that play where Chad Johnson had the catch and my Safety knocked if out. As well as my catch with Keenan Mcardell where your DB swatted it into my hands. Good Game.

So what exactly do i put for points against? *confused*

If it wasn't for those two plays were in a much closer game, but you outplayed me the rest of the time anyway. The better man won, but this stat crap is way too much for me man. I don't want to spend 1 hour playing the game and 30+ minutes filling out stats for it. I just don't like that ratio. I'm out of the league.

JayFro

Ramirez

Hmm,well I haven't gotten an email from Madden even tho I have that option checked,so I couldn't attach the email part,I entered my other stats though...gg HG,really tired of Ben throwing 5 picks a game,yet everytime my dudes have an INT they drop it -_-

CB3

JayFro said:
If it wasn't for those two plays were in a much closer game, but you outplayed me the rest of the time anyway. The better man won, but this stat crap is way too much for me man. I don't want to spend 1 hour playing the game and 30+ minutes filling out stats for it. I just don't like that ratio. I'm out of the league.

JayFro

Inputting stats isnt bad at all. It only took 10 mintues or less to put in the team stats and all my player stats. and like fifty says it will only get faster

Lonestar

well, it takes me awhile, because of my connection. I've got a spreadsheet I've type for myself that I fill in. It still took 15 minutes to do, but that's because I was still trying to figure out the system.

Ramirez

Nevermind on the individual stats,the page loaded up the spread sheet after I turned off the game,heh.I'll know next time >.>

CB3

i dont even write the stats i enter them straight onto the page. and before that i put up my starting line-up so 10 minutes is all. you guys are making to big of a deal out of this

Fifty

I'm thinking of ways to streamline it and make it easier.....for example, on "team stats" we have "offensive touchdowns" which I think is an important stat, but you have to leave the team stats screen and look at your QB/RB to count your TDs if you don't remember, and that takes a bit of time.(like 6 seconds....of pain!) It's obviously easier to do all the stuff on one screen first and move on, rather than jumping back and forth.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Enough with these fucking emails! Seems like everytime someone sends out stats or makes a change, Leaguedaddy sends out an email. 4 emails from the Carolina/Seattle game, dammit.

Andokuky

Banned
Gunstar77 said:
Well the EA servers have kicked me out about 5 times today, so there might not be anything wrong with your Xbox either.

Nah, unfortunately it is my Xbox. It gives me disc errors all the time and drops me from games usually, I guess it finally just gave out. I'll have another on Thursday but I'll understand if I am booted, I haven't exactly proven myself or anything.

:lol @ people crying already

It only took me like 10 minutes to do stats. And I had to write everything down on paper first, because I don't have my Xbox next to my pc.

If people dropout now they should be banned from any future '06 leagues.

DCX

DCX
...man it would suck if i was banned from feature leauges...it's not my fault my Xbox died now and i'm broke...

DCX

DCX said:
...man it would suck if i was banned from feature leauges...it's not my fault my Xbox died now and i'm broke...

DCX

I'm not talking about you. The people crying over stats and quiting for other equally lame reasons at the last second. Hopefully you can get a new Xdude soon.

Fifty

If you're quitting now, it's not a big problem. It's the people who quit after the schedule (and divisions) have been made that will be a real pain in the ass.

Jay, if you want to try it again in your second game feel free to, otherwise you can just leave manually I believe. I'd rather not delete anyone. I

CB3

Lonestar, ill play you tomorrow im done for the night. I should be able to play tomorrow anytime after 6 so let me know.

Andokuky

Banned
20-30 minutes for stats is insane in my opinion...

I used to write down drive recaps throughout the game and complete stats for leagues on the Dreamcast and on those things we had a bare bones browser, no templates or anything and it only took 5-10 minutes tops.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
If you're quitting now, it's not a big problem. It's the people who quit after the schedule (and divisions) have been made that will be a real pain in the ass.

Jay, if you want to try it again in your second game feel free to, otherwise you can just leave manually I believe. I'd rather not delete anyone. I
I don't want to quit though...i might have to becuase by the time i get an Xbox...you guys might have a schedule already and stuff like that...what's messed up i played today against Malleymal, we played two games...after that i shut my 'Box off to play latter and then i saw my opponent for week 1 and since then, like 1pm i haven't been able to get my Xbox working...if anything, i guess i'll sit out til Season 2...sorry guys..

Edit: Any good deals on a BOX let me know :)

DCX

Top Bottom