• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slo

Yeah, I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost my Vikes to somebody, but I wouldnt be content playing as the Dolphins either. I'd want to challenge someone with a decent team, and the whole cycle will just perpetuate itself. Does the guy who took my team have to defend them against challengers? Worst case, it could take weeks before the dust settles.

The whole challenge system would be a pain in the ass, imo.

Rorschach

These are always created when I'm not home. Conspiracy! ;b

As a true Raiders fan and a Broncos hater (**), I would like to take the Raiders, so since icedragon was gracious enough to let me fight for my team, I'll take him up on the offer. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im in. Ill stick with the cards even though they are trash in the game. im sure no one wants them :lol I hope they do good during the season and ea gets some roster updates out on a consistant basis now.

Gamertag: ColdBlooded33
AIM: TheColdOne33

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Yeah, I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost my Vikes to somebody, but I wouldnt be content playing as the Dolphins either. I'd want to challenge someone with a decent team, and the whole cycle will just perpetuate itself. Does the guy who took my team have to defend them against challengers? Worst case, it could take weeks before the dust settles.

The whole challenge system would be a pain in the ass, imo.

Okay, so let's play a tournament. The further you make it the more chance you get the team you want. Sounds good?

ColdBlooded33 said:
Im in. Ill stick with the cards even though they are trash in the game. im sure no one wants them I hope they do good during the season and ea gets some roster updates out on a consistant basis now.

Gamertag: ColdBlooded33
AIM: TheColdOne33

ColdBlooded33 said:
we should draw teams out of a hat!

I'll trade you the Chargers for the Cards.

guys dont let the head to head challenging get out of hand.

if you were a regular in the leagues last year and you DONT want to have to play to keep your team, then dont. there is no need.

p.s. rors, i told shadowred he must play you head to head for the right to use the raiders

also, just to be a good sport about it, i told shadowred i will play him for the 49ers. i guarantee i wouldn't lose that game but hey, im not asking anyone to do anything i would do (jgar...)

Fifty

It's been less than an hour and things are really coming together. This will be the best league ever if people just do their part and work to keep it that way by updating their shit and customizing their team (colors for example), just be active. It's looking great....(most) player pictures are up. Let's have a good time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
this is some nice shit. Way better than the excel stats I was keeping (though it was fun to sit at work and waste tons of hours going over the numbers ;) )

CB3

Cerebral Palsy said:
I'll trade you the Chargers for the Cards.

If icedragon gets a team in the AFC west id do that. Wouldnt mind owning him twice a season :)

Slo

Wellington said:
Okay, so let's play a tournament. The further you make it the more chance you get the team you want. Sounds good?

Sure, whatever you guys decide. To my knowledge, nobody is trying to take the Vikes from me, but I'll play along with whatever system you guys work out.

Lonestar

well, we could do a Winner goes last tourny. The winner of the tourny picks last, the very first loser picks a team first. Think of the hilarity!

Fifty

Just got back.......hooked a batch of you up with your teams. Proceed to add your team colors (fun thing....go to my teams....then team colors)

We still need to clear up who these guys are using

- Rors(see below)
-Icedragon (these two guys are playing for the raiders)
-CP
-Coldblooded (said he'd use the cards but CP wants them, they should work it out)

People I know are in but haven't signed up yet

- CK

- Matrix

- Ramirez

- Dskillz

sorry if I forgot you, I'm just rambling....doesn't mean shit if you're not here.

Rorschach

How many people am I playing for the Raiders now?

I sorta wish we never got Moss :\

Let me know the rules and when we can do this.

Fifty

Judging by this thread (as we should....the past is the past) you and Icedragon are playing each other. I don't see anything else. I don't want to speak on behalf of FMT, but you two should safely be able to play each other....if there's another element I'm missing so be it but at least you'll know between the two of you who's going to get them. It seems civil enough :D

CB3

If Cp really wants cards ill take chargers. Being in the AFC west may be interesting. let me know CP

Fifty

Cool stuff. I know CP much preferred them. Anyway, you don't need to use the Chargers exactly, other teams are free. Chargers are a cool choice, just wanted to let you know you're not locked down.

CB3

No, actually i wanted to be in the same division as icedragon, so if he gets raiders that would fit perfect. if not whoever gets the raiders is gonna get owned by LT and my running game :)

Fifty

Great, great. By the way...I'm currently adding logos to all the signed-up teams. It's starting to look real awesome.

Fifty

Who is King Vitaman? He hasn't posted here yet he's in the league? (edit: oh yeah he was in the tourny.....but at the very least post in this thread) I'm amazed at how many people we have.....So amazed that I want to make sure EVERYONE knows how demanding this league will be. Manually recording stats after every game, win or loss is no joke. Not everyone was cut out to play in last year's leagues, because of their schedules or so forth, but with this added dimension, it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Hey Rorsach, whats your gamertag?
As soon as you reply, I'll get to playing you sooner.
Also, I think it should only be 1 challenge for a team per person. If they lose, they stick with an open team and take no challenges after that...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just signed up :)

DCX

DCX
I guess we're waiting for the teams to be filled out...hopefully the pre-season schedules can be put out early so we can work around people's scheds.

DCX

FUCK YOU ADELPHIA!!!!!

man i planned to get all the stats and stuff up last night, and my piece of shit modem goes out all night. i was pissed, but at least i got to spend time w/ my gf :D she was watching someones cat and left the door open, and the cat got out overnight and man was it a pain finding that fucking cat...

anyways, now today i have to go finish installing a sink for my parents. i get no free time!

p.s. preseason is going to show us a lot about who can play and who cant. the league is also going to be a 4-day deadline, and no you can't play ahead. but if everyone finishes their games early, i will move it ahead.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
FUCK YOU ADELPHIA!!!!!

man i planned to get all the stats and stuff up last night, and my piece of shit modem goes out all night. i was pissed, but at least i got to spend time w/ my gf :D she was watching someones cat and left the door open, and the cat got out overnight and man was it a pain finding that fucking cat...

anyways, now today i have to go finish installing a sink for my parents. i get no free time!

p.s. preseason is going to show us a lot about who can play and who cant. the league is also going to be a 4-day deadline, and no you can't play ahead. but if everyone finishes their games early, i will move it ahead.
In terms of skill or in terms of commitment?

DCX

Slo

He probably meant commitment, but skill will become apparent quickly too. :) (hangs head in shame at his online record)

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
He probably meant commitment, but skill will become apparent quickly too. :) (hangs head in shame at his online record)
...i know what you mean...i think i have the most online of all of us here...and man it isn't pretty...I play so much better with ATL just because of the Vick factor...i play a way better overall game with Buffalo, which i have been using alot because of the league. I just started to use hot routes. I just need to learn some of the more "underground" techniques and i think i may have a decent record in the league, i'll fight to make the playoffs that's for sure.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Hey i have a question. If we don't get 32 teams, how are the other teams/games going to be handled? Being this is my first league how did you guys handle it in past years.

DCX

Lonestar

I think we try to get to a nice "round number" to even divisions. I know we can take out unused teams, though I'm not sure if you can move teams around to seperate divisions (Best Players in one, new players in one, etc).

DJ_Tet

Banned
Hmm, maybe being the Panthers wasn't such a good idea....

*eyes true and dm*

Site looks great so far FMT! When is the deadline to sign up?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DJ_Tet said:
Hmm, maybe being the Panthers wasn't such a good idea....

*eyes true and dm*

Site looks great so far FMT! When is the deadline to sign up?

Don't worry about me at all. I'm all over the place as far as consistancy goes.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am loving the league daddy right now... EA needs to get off their ass and just let these league daddy guys take care of their online leagues, I am sure there is a way that stats could go right to them and the site... that would be an amazing thing... When i mentioned this to FMT i thought it was a hot site, but now actually being in it, it seems even better than i originally thought....

Fifty

It's coming along great .I've got to go to work now (real work, not league daddy work) but I'll be back later and I know FMT is going to work on it tonight. Anyway, my point is.....if you guys have any suggestions for team stats (look on the front page to see what we have already) or player stats (click player stats to see them) it'd be a good idea to speak your mind.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Truelize said:
Don't worry about me at all. I'm all over the place as far as consistancy goes.

Heh, then maybe the Panthers will actually beat Vick, for once lol

I'm an average to below average player I imagine. We'll see.

Being the first "season" of online football I've played, I don't think I play any cheese, but I just want to make sure what's allowed and what isn't.

No taking LB's or corners and blitzing off the edge correct? We are allowed to blitz these players, but only if the computer controls them? What about blitzing an LB manually through the line? I also understand that constant blitzing is "cheese" as we are trying to emulate professional football.

Ok, I hadn't thought of this until I saw someone mention this as a bitch in a previous post, but are we not allowed to manual catch balls? I don't usually, but if it's a pass that has no chance otherwise I will do whatever I can to get that ball or prevent an INT. Would this just be banned for throwing deep and speed bursting to the ball?

I'd love to hear some other stuff concerning cheese, I'd hate to accidentally do something that is considered against the rules.

And finally, I've got a few controls questions. When playing online, the only way I can see my whole field is pulling R trigger, which displays my play. For whatever reason, L trigger isn't doing anything online, so I "assume" that when I pull R trigger to see the defense I'm not giving my play to my opponent. Do I assume wrong? Also, if that's the case, why doesn't L trigger work online? That means I have to adapt my control style depending on if I'm playing an online opponent or my friend in person. That's pretty stupid.

Is there a way to hot-route a slant? I'm having a hard time with hot routes this year, sometimes the hot block works, some plays it doesn't (and I have to check R to see if it did or not). I know you can't make a WR block, I've got a few plays where the RBs won't stay in when I hot block them. Thanks for the comprehensive manual EA.

Top Bottom