• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ECR69 is the code I'm using, 15% off works out pretty well and it seems they have a lot of those codes out there which is good. I'm going to wait on getting the liquid, primarily because I want to see how I like the 555 or Cowboy flavors first. I'm going with 18mg cartos.

Also, is there any way to tell what type of battery a certain brand uses? I am really curious about the Stog cartos, I've heard a lot of good things about them. The whole pack is way too expensive tho compared to the volt.

From looking at the picture on the site Stog uses 510 cartos, you can tell because on the 510's the filter has the male connector and the battery has the female connector. On my 808's it is the other way around.

I find the Volt cartos to be very well made and the starter pack has lasted me 3 refills so far with no sign of clogging up. I also have the 555 juice and the Cowboy juice from SI.

The 555 has a great tobacco flavor with just a small hint of what tastes like hazelnut, maybe.
Whereas the Cowboy liquid is just straight tobacco flavor and I can't detect anything else.

From looking at the picture on the site Stog uses 510 cartos, you can tell because on the 510's the filter has the male connector and the battery has the female connector. On my 808's it is the other way around.

I find the Volt cartos to be very well made and the starter pack has lasted me 3 refills so far with no sign of clogging up. I also have the 555 juice and the Cowboy juice from SI.

The 555 has a great tobacco flavor with just a small hint of what tastes like hazelnut, maybe.
Whereas the Cowboy liquid is just straight tobacco flavor and I can't detect anything else.

Ok, good to know, shame I can't try the other cartos, but whatevs.

Well, put in my order, and I now just need to wait for the stuff to arrive. I ordered a starter kit with the bigger PCC and 555 cartos. Then I got an extra set of cartos as the smooth sampler. That way I can figure out which tobacco flavor I prefer. If all goes well I'll order the juice I like best, and go from there.

Thanks for the help.

daw840

Update on the Ego-T. Still loving it, batteries last FOREVER compared to everything else I have tried. Been swapping back and forth from the peach flavor to the Kamol flavor. I don't like the Kamol flavor very much, but I'll finish it. Been smoking 2-3 analogs a day, way down from the 20 I used to.

Broseybrose

Update on the Ego-T. Still loving it, batteries last FOREVER compared to everything else I have tried. Been swapping back and forth from the peach flavor to the Kamol flavor. I don't like the Kamol flavor very much, but I'll finish it. Been smoking 2-3 analogs a day, way down from the 20 I used to.

Right on. Keep your cig consumption to a minimum and try some new juice flavors. Soon youll prefer vaping to smoking. It just tastes so much better and feels so much cleaner.

daw840

Right on. Keep your cig consumption to a minimum and try some new juice flavors. Soon youll prefer vaping to smoking. It just tastes so much better and feels so much cleaner.

I know, when I started this thread ages ago I had a shitty ecig that got me completely off the analogs for a while. That thing was such a pain in the ass that I finally just went back, I don't think I'll have the same issue with this one though.

I have a question about the Ego-T. I'm searching for an e-cig for a friend, trying to find something simple and affordable for her. Does this brand require you to manually take the atomizer out of it, or is it in the cartridge?

She has a kid, so I don't want her to be taking the atomizer out while her kid is running amok around the house.

daw840

I have a question about the Ego-T. I'm searching for an e-cig for a friend, trying to find something simple and affordable for her. Does this brand require you to manually take the atomizer out of it, or is it in the cartridge?

She has a kid, so I don't want her to be taking the atomizer out while her kid is running amok around the house.

Huh? Why not? It's a three piece design that you manually fill up, but I don't understand how the atomizer out is a problem? You can barely even see it.

Huh? Why not? It's a three piece design that you manually fill up, but I don't understand how the atomizer out is a problem? You can barely even see it.

I have read if someone screws up the cleaning process of the atomizer, it could cause some damage to the person. If that isn't the case, and it's simple enough to do, I'll recommend this product to her.

daw840

I have read if someone screws up the cleaning process of the atomizer, it could cause some damage to the person. If that isn't the case, and it's simple enough to do, I'll recommend this product to her.

Not that I am aware of. The atomizer portion of these things usually lasts a month or two and then you get a new one.

If it's a concern you can definitely get the cartomizers. Just going to be more expensive.

DietRob

Exactly. I've smoked 2 cigs since in 11 days. They both tasted horrible, I felt like I tasted all the chemicals and bullshit big tobacco stuffs in them to hook us. I put each one out after just a few puffs.

I'm not disillusioned at all I'm addicted to vaping but I'm OK with that.

Exactly. I've smoked 2 cigs since in 11 days. They both tasted horrible, I felt like I tasted all the chemicals and bullshit big tobacco stuffs in them to hook us. I put each one out after just a few puffs.

I'm not disillusioned at all I'm addicted to vaping but I'm OK with that.

Yeah, tried an analog day before yesterday, even after 2 days of using shitty disposables, it still sucked ass.

My volts came in today with the mega charging kit and, 1 65mm battery and one 78mm battery. The batteries came with a good charge on them, and holy hell the worst of the sampler pack of cartos (Freedom) tasted better than the best of the disposables I tried. Loving the vapor production on these things, and they feel a bit lighter than the disposables too. So at least as a first impression the Volt's are I echo you on the recommendation, at least for a newbie.

Great stuff.

Now I have to choose what refill liquid I want. I'm torn between Cowboy, 555 and RY4. All three are pretty good. I'll make my decision soon, mainly because I don't want to run out before my shipment arrives.

Also, can anyone recommend any good nicuids?

Broseybrose

ivape.net - Sweet Caroline - Best flavor ive found in 2 years.
BackwoodsBrew.com - the whole menu. This guy is my favorite juicemaker.
AVEjuice.com
Vaperite.com

Both 555 and RY4 are fantastic flavors, but all flavors will taste completely different depending on the vendor. I say get your 555 from Backwoods Brew and RY4 from AVE (called Blend 4 on their site).

DietRob

Yeah, tried an analog day before yesterday, even after 2 days of using shitty disposables, it still sucked ass.

My volts came in today with the mega charging kit and, 1 65mm battery and one 78mm battery. The batteries came with a good charge on them, and holy hell the worst of the sampler pack of cartos (Freedom) tasted better than the best of the disposables I tried. Loving the vapor production on these things, and they feel a bit lighter than the disposables too. So at least as a first impression the Volt's are I echo you on the recommendation, at least for a newbie.

Great stuff.

Now I have to choose what refill liquid I want. I'm torn between Cowboy, 555 and RY4. All three are pretty good. I'll make my decision soon, mainly because I don't want to run out before my shipment arrives.

Also, can anyone recommend any good nicuids?

I really like the both 555 and Cowboy, I'd really like to try the RY4. From what I understand it is a caramel tobacco type of blend that sounds interesting. One thing that I've noticed is I don't like sticking with the same nic juice consistently there are literally thousands of different flavors from hundreds of different web sites.

I'll give you a few recommendations for some of the ones I've really enjoyed.

My first place juice and the one I find myself using the most is Called Gorilla Juice from Avejuice.com. It's a tobacco blend and it tastes to me like it has a little bit of banana, coconut, and maybe just a hint of vanilla. It's a really smooth vape that produces a ton of vapor.

Second up. Boba's Bounty again from avejuice.com. This one is really complex it's also a tobacco blend. It seems to change each time I take a pull. Sometimes I taste a little banana other times cinnamon, then it switches up and I taste coconut and vanilla, another pull later maybe a little bit of nutmeg. It's pretty crazy.

Third place is some Cream Soda from mtbakervapor.com. It tastes almost identical to Barq's Cream Soda. I use it more as a 'desert vape' for after meals since it is a little to sweet to use all the time. They also have a Mt. Dew flavor I ordered but after a few vapes with it I'm really not too impressed. It does kinda taste like the Dew but I guess Dew is better for drinking than vaping LOL.

It's amazing to me that these guys can manipulate the flavors so much and get vapor to taste so much like some of my favorite things. Get out there and try some out and report back!

zeioIIDX

Whoa. I'm almost at a lost for words with how good Ms. T's Snickerdoodle Cookie flavor tastes. It's incredible. I've never had a Snickerdoodle Cookie in my life but the flavors in this juice come out perfectly. I taste butter, sugar, and cinnamon and none are overwhelming. I've ordered from Ms. T twice and the first time, she gave me overnight shipping, just because! Second time, she upgraded my Snickerdoodle Cookie from 6ml to 15ml because of what she considered to be a delay in my order on her part :) My favorites from her so far are Bubble Gum, New Watermelon, Banana Cream Pie, and Snickerdoodle Cookie. I still have New Marshmallow, Unflavored, and Hot Chocolate w/ Marshmallow to try.

daw840

Whoa. I'm almost at a lost for words with how good Ms. T's Snickerdoodle Cookie flavor tastes. It's incredible. I've never had a Snickerdoodle Cookie in my life but the flavors in this juice come out perfectly. I taste butter, sugar, and cinnamon and none are overwhelming. I've ordered from Ms. T twice and the first time, she gave me overnight shipping, just because! Second time, she upgraded my Snickerdoodle Cookie from 6ml to 15ml because of what she considered to be a delay in my order on her part :) My favorites from her so far are Bubble Gum, New Watermelon, Banana Cream Pie, and Snickerdoodle Cookie. I still have New Marshmallow, Unflavored, and Hot Chocolate w/ Marshmallow to try.

My god, that sounds amazing. I am using a grape flavor right now, it's not very good honestly. Reminds me too much of a grape flavored vodka.....that's probably my own issue though, lol.

DietRob

I've looked around on Mrs. T's site and some of her juices looked interesting. Good to know that you had a positive experience with them. With so many mom and pop sites out there it's hard to trust the quality. Thanks for the recommendation I might place an order with them once my current stockpiles start depleting.

Zeth

+1 for Ms. T's. Snickerdoodle lived up to the hype for me personally. But beware of the often large gap between order placement and shipping. Haven't ordered there in a few months but it was almost a week for me, more than once. Maybe that's changed, just a heads up though, in case you're in a hurry.

Finally DRIPPING successfully. After failing so many times with crappy kit attys I recently placed an order at AvidVaper for the famous "Cisco Spec" 306 Atty (The low resistance Hybrid is sold out). It has been awesome. Especially with thicker stuff like AVE, it really brings the flavor out and produces plumes of vapor.

Should be receiving an order tomorrow from Backwoods Brew. Heard his stuff his amazing. Cassablanca, Espresso, Malty Toffee, and Dulce De Leche. Still a few more I definitely need to try.

Got a bunch of Niquid coming in over the next couple of days. I have the Smokeless Image 30ml 555 coming in with their sweet sampler cartos. From house of vapor I ordered some 30 ml ($9.00!) RY4 and a 10ml of their original reds. Then from ECBlend I have likes 6 5ml bottles to try out their stuff. I hear their Dulce de Leche is great, and I'm curous about their bourbon flavor.

Also, for anyone interested in trying out E-cigs, E-cig Advanced is giving away Firebolt semi-disposables to any new members who sign up on their boards. Kinda neat.

Oh, and Smokeless Image still rocks, some of my 555 cartos weren't filled right so I filed a comlpaint on their Customer Service form. First thing in the morning I see an order confirmation for a replacement set of cartos shipped for free, about an hour later they emailed me saying they were sending it out. Props to them.

So it turns out a local gas station here in town sells the NV-brand disposable ones. I bought two - but lost one in the truck somewhere on the drive home :/

My initial idea is to go hard right off the start. From a pack of 25 I want to cut down to three smokes a day, morning noon and night, and during the days at work just puff on the NV. I'll see how it goes.

Broseybrose

+1 for Ms. T's. Snickerdoodle lived up to the hype for me personally. But beware of the often large gap between order placement and shipping. Haven't ordered there in a few months but it was almost a week for me, more than once. Maybe that's changed, just a heads up though, in case you're in a hurry.

Finally DRIPPING successfully. After failing so many times with crappy kit attys I recently placed an order at AvidVaper for the famous "Cisco Spec" 306 Atty (The low resistance Hybrid is sold out). It has been awesome. Especially with thicker stuff like AVE, it really brings the flavor out and produces plumes of vapor.

Should be receiving an order tomorrow from Backwoods Brew. Heard his stuff his amazing. Cassablanca, Espresso, Malty Toffee, and Dulce De Leche. Still a few more I definitely need to try.

Mmmm... Malty Toffee. One of my favorites!

pxleyes

Banned
Quickly skimmed the thread and didn't see mention of this brand. http://www.greensmoke.com/

Are brands really meaningless in this style of e-cig? I'm really looking for a cheap model with 0% cartridges. I have no interest in the 'juice' kind being mentioned so much.

surrogate

Quickly skimmed the thread and didn't see mention of this brand. http://www.greensmoke.com

Are brands really meaningless in this style of e-cig? I'm really looking for a cheap model with 0% cartridges. I have no interest in the 'juice' kind being mentioned so much.

AFAIK, even if you want nicotine free, you are still going to use juice/liquid. The greensmoke uses the sort of rare 808-D2 cart, so it might not be the best if you don't want to get locked into buying from them.

BTW - you need to take out the / after .com for your link to show up

One quick question..

I've been nursing this thing on and off for the better part of an hour now, and I feel the slightest hint of a buzz. Like having a couple to drink or something. It's a weird, chill kind of feeling. Placebo effect maybe.

Zeth

Backwoods Brew is my new favorite vendor, wow. It's a shame I didn't try it sooner. Definitely right up there with Alien Visions IMO. Anyone have recommendations? I'm definitely getting a big bottle of Malty Toffee, it's fantastic (and I like that it's thicker than the others, 70%VG).

I generally don't like tobacco/RY4 stuff. It usually just tastes disgusting and nothing like tobacco, but I REALLY like BWB Casablanca, it has this really rich almost spicy flavor. Highly recommended for tobacco people. I'll probably buy a bunch of 10 or 15mls to test some more. Definitely want to try out regular Malty, as it has a great reputation in the community.

Favorite juice vendors are: Alien Visions (AVE), Copper Creek, Virgin Vapor, and now BWB. Still a few I need to check out like Vaperite, open to suggestions. I've tried quite a few that were crappy, but I've found I can almost never go wrong with the mentioned "brewers".

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
One quick question..

I've been nursing this thing on and off for the better part of an hour now, and I feel the slightest hint of a buzz. Like having a couple to drink or something. It's a weird, chill kind of feeling. Placebo effect maybe.

What strength did you buy? You're probably feeling how you would if you smoked cigarettes for an hour straight :)

Well, I've been loving my volt's quite a bit and was going to stick with just them but I decided to check out an e-cigarette lounge/store that just opened up in my area. The place is called Vapor shark and they had a 900 mah ego style battery with passthru along with a 4.5 ml dual coil carto. Figured that I'd just grab it there as the prices for a single batt and carto weren't bad at all and I didn't need ANOTHER mini USB charger cluttering up the house. I also grabbed a 510 atty and drip tip for testing juice.

I have to say I really like the store. I'm amazed that this was the first place that opened up here in Miami. The internet only thing is keeping e-cigs down a bit IMO, and business seemed to be booming.

I tried some of their custom juices too a bit too expensive to buy regularly, but their RY4 had a heavy tobacco flavor, which will be a nice one to swap with my SI RY4. Most of the other flavors were really fruity, very flavorful, but not really my style. Still it is nice to know that there is a local place to buy juice should I run out for waiting on an online order. Can't see myself buying juice from them too often, $25 for 30ml is a bit steep.

I spoke to the owner and he is talking about having events at the lounge, maybe even some gaming stuff. Could be cool.

It's taking me a bit to get used to using a manual battery though. I think I'll keep using my Volt's on the road and keep my EGO at home, thing is just too bulky to take with me all the time. Still, haven't had an analog in weeks, so I am loving the switch to vaping.

Thread is probably dead, but I wanted to talk about a couple of juices I got that were amazing!

The first one was from Vapor Shark, yeah $25 was expensive as hell but they made a blueberry waffle juice that blew me away, you can taste the blueberry, a touch of maple, and some nice waffle undertone, it is damned good. If you don't mind the price I'd recommend it.

The second was Bounty Hunter from nite-lite vapors. Holy crap it's good, it a mix of tobacco and I dunno, a Nilla wafer. Sweet but not overpowering, really smooth, but iwth a good throat hit at 18mg.

The last is NLV Gold from the same. It's a similar juice to Bounty Hunter, but with a bit more caramel and a toasty, almost graham cracker flavor. Also really really good. These were both worth the 2 week waits for them.

I also have some echomizers coming in now for my new Volt X2, and am homing they are good. 3ml on a horizontal coil carto seems sweet. I can't wait.

Broseybrose

Backwoods Brew is my new favorite vendor, wow. It's a shame I didn't try it sooner. Definitely right up there with Alien Visions IMO. Anyone have recommendations? I'm definitely getting a big bottle of Malty Toffee, it's fantastic (and I like that it's thicker than the others, 70%VG).

I generally don't like tobacco/RY4 stuff. It usually just tastes disgusting and nothing like tobacco, but I REALLY like BWB Casablanca, it has this really rich almost spicy flavor. Highly recommended for tobacco people. I'll probably buy a bunch of 10 or 15mls to test some more. Definitely want to try out regular Malty, as it has a great reputation in the community.

Favorite juice vendors are: Alien Visions (AVE), Copper Creek, Virgin Vapor, and now BWB. Still a few I need to check out like Vaperite, open to suggestions. I've tried quite a few that were crappy, but I've found I can almost never go wrong with the mentioned "brewers".

Backwoods Brew is my fav juice maker as well; even though ive been on an AVE (Blend 4 / Boba) kick the past two months.

Well, you got the Malty Toffee. To me, that is the hidden gem in their menu, which is fantastic in its entirety.

DietRob

I'm patiently waiting for Ben over at AVE juice to perfect the Orange Creamsicle flavor he has been working on. In this industry of thousands of independent juice makers I have found my go-to in Alien Visions.

I order a 30ml bottle of Gorilla Juice every other week. So good.

ps. I still haven't had a regular cigarette in nearly 2 months now. That feels really damn good too.

Broseybrose

Its been over two years for me. Pretty damn amazing. I tell every smoker i know what websites to go to and what exactly to order to get them right on the path.

daw840

Just re upped on some things.

MyVaporStore.com:
1. Two Joye eGo-Tank Mega Atomizer (Type B) - Black
2. One Joye eGo-T/eGo-C Empty MEGA Cartridge (Type B) - 5/Pack - Smoke Black

Avejuice.com:
1. Maple Melody; Size: 6ML (Sample Size) Strength: 12MG
2. Boba's Bounty; Size: 6ML (Sample Size) Strength: 12MG
3. Strawberry Cooler; Size: 6ML (Sample Size) Strength: 12MG

Stepped down again on the nic strength on the juice. Should be at nic free soon!

DietRob

Just re upped on some things.

MyVaporStore.com:
1. Two Joye eGo-Tank Mega Atomizer (Type B) - Black
2. One Joye eGo-T/eGo-C Empty MEGA Cartridge (Type B) - 5/Pack - Smoke Black

Avejuice.com:
1. Maple Melody; Size: 6ML (Sample Size) Strength: 12MG
2. Boba's Bounty; Size: 6ML (Sample Size) Strength: 12MG
3. Strawberry Cooler; Size: 6ML (Sample Size) Strength: 12MG

Stepped down again on the nic strength on the juice. Should be at nic free soon!

If you wouldn't mind please let me know how you enjoy the Strawberry Cooler. I've been thinking about ordering that one.

Avejuice is next in my list to try. But that'll probably have to wait until after monday when nlv had their ejuice up for sale again. Need more bounty hunter.

How well does AV stuff work in clearomizers btw?

DietRob

Avejuice is next in my list to try. But that'll probably have to wait until after monday when nlv had their ejuice up for sale again. Need more bounty hunter.

How well does AV stuff work in clearomizers btw?

I assume you are using the Volt clearomizers, right?

They work really good for the first couple of refills. After about the third refill you can tell they are getting a bit clogged due to the thickness of the juice (most is 100% VG). I haven't tried cleaning out the volt clearomizers since a have a few of them on hand. Maybe giving them a good clean would help extend the life when using thick juices?

I was at this lady friend's place last night, and we slaughter my poor little E-cigs. I prepared for a night of smoking while watching a film, but we drained the battery of one E-cig, and half from the second battery.

I assume you are using the Volt clearomizers, right?

They work really good for the first couple of refills. After about the third refill you can tell they are getting a bit clogged due to the thickness of the juice (most is 100% VG). I haven't tried cleaning out the volt clearomizers since a have a few of them on hand. Maybe giving them a good clean would help extend the life when using thick juices?

Yeah, I'm getting used to the clearos, though I find I really like the xl cartomizers. I bought 5, have one with blueberry waffle, one with nlv gold and one with bounty hunter. I also have a clearo with si ry4. The flavor felt a bit muted at first, but it's gotten better after letting it sit for a day or so.

Zeth

Ave juice isn't so great for clearomizers. Might need to add some distilled water to thin it a little. That's what I've done in the past for using it in cartos and it's worked great.

I've been totally hooked on Backwoods Brew. Love Casablanca in cartos, and I love Malty Toffee for 306 dripping (which is another new thing I've discovered that's awesome).

daw840

Well, tried the strawberry flavor from AVEjuice. It's really good. This juice puts out a TON of vapor. Way more than I am used to. More than an analog I think, lol.

DietRob

Well, tried the strawberry flavor from AVEjuice. It's really good. This juice puts out a TON of vapor. Way more than I am used to. More than an analog I think, lol.

Great news. I got antsy and added it to my usual bi-weekly order with AVE. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it. I really like juices that produce big vapor can't wait to give it a go.

Zeth

Just ordered a couple of the new Ego-Twists. 900mah and adjustable voltage up to 4.8 volts for $23. Awesome. I doubt I'll end up investing in a Provari/Darwin now that the prices are coming down on variable voltage.

yeah it's 90% VG, most Ave stuff is 100% and the "PG" flavors are 10/90 PG/VG.

DietRob

OMFG I LOVE AVE JUICE!!!!

I just got my small sampler of Strawberry Cooler and this is beyond awesome. It's really the first fruit juice I have gotten that has completely nailed the flavor. I swear it is nearly identical to eating a fresh strawberry. I have no idea how Ben is able to nail these flavors so well.

He even sent me a cool little AVE keychain for free with my purchase. So now I have an AVE keychain and a AVE lapel pin thingy.

They finally have my go to Juice back in stock "Gorilla Juice" so I'm going to order the monster 100ml bottle this time. I never want to be out of my go to juice again.

joshlee

I havent tried a ton of juices, but my local shop carries this brand called TheVaporRoom. A quick google search shows they sell their juice for the same price I get it for in person. But OMG does everyone of their flavors rock! Mt Do, Sweet Tart, Danish Cinnamon Swirl, Sun Kissed, Orange Creamcicle...the list goes on, I haven't had a bad flavor, where with other brands I've tried only half the time is the flavor strong enough to enjoy.

I highly suggest you guys give it a shot

Zeth

I havent tried a ton of juices, but my local shop carries this brand called TheVaporRoom. A quick google search shows they sell their juice for the same price I get it for in person. But OMG does everyone of their flavors rock! Mt Do, Sweet Tart, Danish Cinnamon Swirl, Sun Kissed, Orange Creamcicle...the list goes on, I haven't had a bad flavor, where with other brands I've tried only half the time is the flavor strong enough to enjoy.

I highly suggest you guys give it a shot

Orange Dream/Creamcicle is a flavor I've always wanted to try. Might have to give them a shot.

AVE is definitely one of my favorites as well. I've gone through a few of the giant bottles of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice. Only other flavors I've tried from them are Strawberry Cooler and Hype, and I love both of them. Need to try some more after I finish by Backwoods Brew stock. The only thing I don't like about them is the super-thick viscosity. Most of them are 100 or 90% VG so they're not very carto-friendly. But now that I'm regularly dripping with a 306 atty, I'm really liking the VG juices (Malty Toffee is heaven).

Top Bottom