• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

PJV3

Is the e-cig supposed to be smoked like a real one, or is one drag equal to a whole ciggie?. I need to kick the habit, it isn't good to smell of smoke on the wards.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Is the e-cig supposed to be smoked like a real one, or is one drag equal to a whole ciggie?. I need to kick the habit, it isn't good to smell of smoke on the wards.

I suck on mine all day. Not smelling like an ash tray is awesome. I did get off real cigarettes with it, but I am a little worried how healthy these things are. They have to be healthier than cigarettes though(and cheaper).

PJV3

I suck on mine all day. Not smelling like an ash tray is awesome. I did get off real cigarettes with it, but I am a little worried how healthy these things are. They have to be healthier than cigarettes though(and cheaper).

That's good, i'm a very heavy smoker and the idea of only puffing now and again was putting me off, i'm gonna give it a whirl.
Obviously they are all different, but roughly how many drags equal 1 cigarette? is it similar(need to plan what i need)

speedline

Banned
From what I've read, 10-12 drags is equal to one cigarette. Just got my Maxx Fusion in the mail and I am loving this damn thing. I've been vaping for a week now and I am feeling a shit ton better than I did on cigarettes.

Zeth

That's good, i'm a very heavy smoker and the idea of only puffing now and again was putting me off, i'm gonna give it a whirl.
Obviously they are all different, but roughly how many drags equal 1 cigarette? is it similar(need to plan what i need)

Yes very similar, get juice with a lower nicotine than you think you need. When I started I was using it so much I was basically nicotine stoned 24/7. I started at 24mg and I'm now using 12mg. I have no intention of quitting vaping though.

From what I've read, 10-12 drags is equal to one cigarette. Just got my Maxx Fusion in the mail and I am loving this damn thing. I've been vaping for a week now and I am feeling a shit ton better than I did on cigarettes.

You can't really say for sure how many drags are equal to a cig without knowing the nicotine content of the cig you're comparing it to and the nic volume of the liquid you're vaporizing. And of course factors like how big your drags are. But "standard" liquid from crap kiosk brands are generally pretty similar to average cigarettes.

I did get off real cigarettes with it, but I am a little worried how healthy these things are. They have to be healthier than cigarettes though(and cheaper).

Consider going 100% VG. That removes any exposure to possible inconsistencies in the China-manufactured PG. Virgin Vapor is a good place to start, it's almost all I vape. 100% organic FDA approved vegetable glycerin. A but more expensive than average, but almost everything I've tried is amazing. Their Kona Coffee Milkshake took 3rd in ECF's juice of the year thing, and they also come in super nice glass bottles with dropper tops. Their ECOpure line is even better, they're all steeped for a minimum of 2 weeks before shipping.

speedline

Banned
I'm very interested in going 100% VG once I finish these Bloog cartos off. They are all PG and I was just too green on the subject to know the difference when I ordered these. I did get my shipping confirmation from Virgin Vapor though and am looking forward to trying them out.

I'm also ordering the Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions soon. There is too much positive praise for that juice to not give it a try! I am going to order it in very low nic level so I can vape more. I want to vape all day, but the 16mg juice I have is a little too high to be constantly using all day for me.

Hammer24

Banned
Does the vapor set off smoke detectors?
I´m flying intercontinental quite a lot, and thought about getting an e-cig for those long plane rides. But now that so many airlines banned them, the only way would to be to smoke them on the planes lavatory. So: would that set off the smoke detectors?

speedline

Banned
Just tried the Kona Coffee Milkshake and Black Cherry Marshmallow from Virgin Vapor and it put out a shit ton of vapor and tastes amazing. Everyone should give them a try.

Zeth

Just tried the Kona Coffee Milkshake and Black Cherry Marshmallow from Virgin Vapor and it put out a shit ton of vapor and tastes amazing. Everyone should give them a try.

Awesome! Love Virgin Vapor so much, wish she sold bottles bigger than 1 oz. VV would be my go to juice, but at current prices I usually supplement them with other stuff. If you let the Kona sit for a week or two it gets much more mellow/sweet IMO. It rarely lasts that long for me though.

Recently got 100ml of Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions and 120ml of House Blend from Copper Creek. I am stocked for quite a while now. It's nice to have a big stash and then supplement your daily vape with different samples and new stuff. Boba's is ridiculously thick 100% VG btw, possibly thicker than molasses. I usually order a slightly higher nic level and then add distilled water to thin it a bit for cartos. This is the method AVE suggests, and it works great. No discernible change in flavor.

Loving the KGO from SLB. They handily beat the EPower in voltage usually, but that might be because my batteries are a couple months old now, gonna grab some more soon.

edit: I recently read what some people believe is the secret ingredient in Boba's and now I can never taste anything but it. Read at your own risk haha.
Cola. Many people say it tastes like graham crackers/cola which have a common ingredient in molasses, so it might be that as well.
Doesn't matter to me, still one of the most consistently enjoyable juices I've had.

speedline

Banned
I have yet to order the Boba's Bounty simply because I was too afraid it would not work with my cartomizers, thanks for the tip^ I will NOT read your spoiler until I've tried it for myself though, lol. I switched down to a lower nic level because I want to vape all the damn time now and too high a level can cause some issues that way. I like the lucid dreams though!

Edit: just placed an order with Alien Visions, woot! Bobas Bounty is currently 20% off fyi

Zeth

I have yet to order the Boba's Bounty simply because I was too afraid it would not work with my cartomizers, thanks for the tip^ I will NOT read your spoiler until I've tried it for myself though, lol. I switched down to a lower nic level because I want to vape all the damn time now and too high a level can cause some issues that way. I like the lucid dreams though!

Edit: just placed an order with Alien Visions, woot! Bobas Bounty is currently 20% off fyi

Yeah, bringing down the nic level on everything helped a lot for me. I was probably taking in 10x more nicotine then when I was smoking at first. My future orders will probably be 8mg. I find 12mg has been more than enough for the amount I vape, which is quite a lot, I regularly have 15 min chain-sessions.

Thanks for the heads up on the AVE sale, too bad I just got 100ml Boba's this week, would be a good time to stock up. I spent my first month+ ordering tons of different small bottles from lots of vendors and it added up really fast, so I've been sticking with the ones I liked and ordering in volume.

The thickness of Boba's is definitely a pain. It's almost impossible to get the whole 1.9ml to wick in the Smoktech XL cartos I use. You're pretty much constantly refilling the bottom 25% if that makes sense. The 50/50 stuff I get from Copper Creek is my favorite ratio for wicking/vapor. Their Coffee is fantastic too.

edit: don't know if you noticed, but AVE closes their payment system every day when they reach order capacity, and it's usually closed after 3-5pm local time. I thought I was having a browser problem, until I read about it on ECF, had to start ordering earlier.

speedline

Banned
Ok, after spending a little time with Boba's I read your spoiler. Yeah, that would be a good call. It is a pretty complex flavor nonetheless, definitely has a graham cracker ending to it. I'll admit I didn't know how to feel about it at first, then after I put it down for a while I found myself wanting more. Now I'm on my 3rd carto of it and I really like it. I thinned it with some tap water (hope it doesn't kill me, lol) because I didn't have any distilled here at home when the package arrived this afternoon. I had an empty 6ml dropper bottle so I just put about a 70/30 juice to water ratio in it and it seems to wick pretty good in my Bloog carto. I did order some clearomizers and hope they will allow an even better vape out of the Boba's.

speedline

Banned
I've been using a clearomizer for the last couple days and I'm forever changing over to them instead of the cartomizer. It has made vaping near effortless and no mess, good vape even using a thick juice like Boba's with no problem, no thinning.

I think it's called a clearo-carto from inhaler.com is what I'm using, so far no problems with it.

Giard

My GF wants to buy one of these for her dad. However, we live in Canada. Sorry if it has been asked before, but is there a company/website that ships to Canada?

Also, which flavors would you recommend?
Thanks for the help.

edit: noticed HappyVaper being mentioned in this topic, I'll check them out
edit2: no nicotine in their liquid. Any Canadian site that has nicotine?
edit3: tried canvape.com, they have no liquid in stock, and none with nicotine anywaysl! Prices look good though

Furio53

It's been 5 weeks and only 2 cigarettes. I switched and got an Ego-C. It's been great not smelling like an ashtray and i feel better. Last time I bummed one off a friend and it just tasted disgusting.

Zeth

Here's my latest juice haul. Hoping this lasts me a while. Last time I got a 120ml of House Blend I managed to go through it in around 3 weeks o_O These are from two of my favorite vendors at the moment. Went back up to 18mg on some because I'm trying to vape less often.

ubXiR.jpg

My GF wants to buy one of these for her dad. However, we live in Canada. Sorry if it has been asked before, but is there a company/website that ships to Canada?

Also, which flavors would you recommend?
Thanks for the help.

edit: noticed HappyVaper being mentioned in this topic, I'll check them out
edit2: no nicotine in their liquid. Any Canadian site that has nicotine?
edit3: tried canvape.com, they have no liquid in stock, and none with nicotine anywaysl! Prices look good though

If you check out the forum ECF you should be able to find quite a few Canadian vendors. CanVape is the only one i know off the top of my head.

Edit: I subscribe to the user VaporChase on YouTube. He's Canadian and does regular juice reviews from Canadian vendors, I'd check out his videos for some ideas.

For device recommendations: cant really go wrong with a standard ego. The KGO by SLB and EPower from Smoktech are also fantastic if you want an all day battery.

blind51de

Banned
I've known a few people who vape, good on you who do.
Wondering if your guys' senses of smell and I guess taste revert back to how they were pre-smoking. I mean, that to me would be an enormous incentive.

Giard

If you check out the forum ECF you should be able to find quite a few Canadian vendors. CanVape is the only one i know off the top of my head.

Edit: I subscribe to the user VaporChase on YouTube. He's Canadian and does regular juice reviews from Canadian vendors, I'd check out his videos for some ideas.

For device recommendations: cant really go wrong with a standard ego. The KGO by SLB and EPower from Smoktech are also fantastic if you want an all day battery.

Thanks for your advice. I'll check out VaporChase.

We're thinking of getting this starter kit:
510 Starter Kit Manual Battery - $29.99
Price seems reasonable and the brand seems to have a good reputation for beginners.

Here's one website I found for juice, The Gentlemen's Reserve. We'll probably be ordering from there.

Zeth

I've known a few people who vape, good on you who do.
Wondering if your guys' senses of smell and I guess taste revert back to how they were pre-smoking. I mean, that to me would be an enormous incentive.

It absolutely does. After a few weeks of vaping, all the juices taste completely different, it's pretty crazy. It's actually an acknowledged phenomenon in the community because it affects your ability to choose flavors you'll like in the long run.

Edit: ^ the Joye 510 is rock solid. The battery is a little small but you'll probably be getting at least two.

Broseybrose

Joye510 is a great choice for someone who isnt sure if theyre commited to making the switch to vaping.

If you want the best device for the best value I strongly recommend and ego/riva 510 or even better a kgo 510. The difference is the batteries.

Starter kits come with 2 batteries/2 atomizers. Joye510 batts last about 4 hours of heavy vaping and you'll be rotating batts 24/7. egos and rivas are a major step up in the batt department as theyll last 12-24 hours depending on how you vape.

The kgo is newer, but its very similar to the ego and riva, except the batteries that come with the kgo starter kit output a true 4 Volts AND they'll last 24-72 hours depending on how you vape. The attys that come with the starter kit are low-resistance (2.0 ohm) which simply means the atty produces more vapor.

So with the kgo kit, you get better batts and better attys than with an ego or riva kit. And they all cost the same. I saw an excellent deal on a kgo starter kit a while back and pulled the trigger and its the best vape ive ever had. And ive owned every kit mentioned in this post.

KGO kit 1100mAh by SLB $43.99 http://www.hoosierecig.com/KGO-kit-1100mAh-by-SLB_p_10.html

some more good info ive posted in this thread:

Everybody with an ecig NEEDS to be familiar with the concept of DRIPPING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIs_2yXH-Ow&feature=plcp&context=C3535722UDOEgsToPDskI2mDDzBwRYBiq6CQBccJTy

Its all I do. No cartridges here, just a drip tip.

Since this thread has been active as of late im just gonna recommend some of the most delicious juices that ive come across in my 14 months of vaping.

Sweet Caroline - Sweetened tobacco flavor from ivape.net

Vaperite's entire Organic line. From VR4 (vanilla caramel tobacco) to Pecan Praline!

BackwoodsBrew.com's entire line. I think my fave of theirs is 555 but I vouch for everything on the backwoods brew menu and love all of the many flavors ive tried from them.

Zeth

I recently bought 2 1100mAh KGOs and they absolutely destroy my 14650 EPower and 600mah egos. They put out a true 4 volts throughout most of the battery cycle which is awesome for throat hit and vapor. I'm leaning toward using them exclusively and grabbing a few backups.

I've been hesitant to go past 4 volts with a variable voltage mod because I'm more than happy with 1.7 ohm cartos/attys on a 4v battery. I want to eventually stop vaping so that's not the direction I want to go. I tend to overdo things and the performance I get from this setup is pretty great.

Broseybrose

KGO is King.

For this year at least.

And excluding mods. =]

The reason i typed up that post was because Giard was so helpful in the Wet Shaving thread and i wanted to make sure he (and everyone else) had all the info to make the best decision. Also, Giard, definitely check out ECF as previously mentioned. A great, generous, and extremely helpful vaping community.

speedline

Banned
Would I get a warmer vape from a KGO 510 rather than my Bloog Maxx Fusion (KR-808)? I'm looking to try something different and the Bloog works well most of the time, but it struggles here and there to get that warm hit (if you know what I mean). I bought some clearomizers that I can just pour juice in and go straight to vaping with no mess and I can see how much juice I have left. I have found out that I like a warm vapor with good throat hit.

I would really like a system that I can fill with a good quantity of juice and be able to see the juice so I can judge how much is left. With a standard carto you have to wet all that polyfill and sometimes it's a guessing game on if it's overfilled or underfilled, ect. So if I were to get a 510 is there something out there like a clearomizer that works well?

I am about to switch back to a 18mg juice (have some on order) from my current stash of 6mg nic. I'm not getting the throat hit i need nor the nic level I need from the 6mg and I find myself constantly vaping.

Vaping is soooo much better than analogs and anyone out there looking to try it out needs to go ahead and stop thinking about it. I feel like a different person after vaping now for 4-5 weeks. Never going back.

Broseybrose

The simplest and easiest way to get a warmer stronger vape is to use a lower-resistance atomizer/cartomizer. I dont think they make them for the KR808, that's something youll have to look into.

But yes, with the 1100mAh 4V batts and LR 2.0 ohm attys, youll get a warmer vape with a kgo.

Time to give this another go.

I just keep telling myself there's no reason to smoke. we have the technology to get a nic fix without the cancer...must...evolve....

Bought a Blu kit a while ago because i couldn't find an easy FAQ that explains custom kits or whatever you guys are buying, which i admit was out of laziness. It seems to work just fine, though none of the flavors are very flavorful at all.

YO #eCigs aaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaa

horsebird

Banned
E-cigs have always intrigued me. I quit smoking a bit more than a month ago for my health, but there are times still where I'd simply like to be able to kick back with a butt and take in the scenery. Dat oral fixation, I guess.

I'm really surprised to read that the throat hit can be replicated with these things.

speedline

Banned
E-cigs have always intrigued me. I quit smoking a bit more than a month ago for my health, but there are times still where I'd simply like to be able to kick back with a butt and take in the scenery. Dat oral fixation, I guess.

I'm really surprised to read that the throat hit can be replicated with these things.

I believe the throat hit comes from the nicotine, it has a naturally pepper taste to it. The low nic juices don't provide much throat hit at all, which is why I am moving back up to a higher nic juice.

Broseybrose

I wouldnt go so far as to use the word replicate. Its similar. Its close.

And, yes, nicotine level is the dominant variable among a few (voltage, resistance) that provides throat hit.

speedline

Banned
Here's my latest juice haul. Hoping this lasts me a while. Last time I got a 120ml of House Blend I managed to go through it in around 3 weeks o_O These are from two of my favorite vendors at the moment. Went back up to 18mg on some because I'm trying to vape less often.

ubXiR.jpg

Just got my 18 mg Gorilla juice and Hype from AVE. If you like peach, Hype is really good with a ton of flavor.

Giard

Thank you Broseybrose! It means a lot.
The KGO seems great for the pricepoint. We'll be ordering that one, but we'll wait for the black version to come back in stock. Gonna check out your recommendations for the juice too.

Zeth

Just got my 18 mg Gorilla juice and Hype from AVE. If you like peach, Hype is really good with a ton of flavor.

Love Hype, switched it out this month to check out Gorilla Juice, which I like but not as much as Hype. Don't know if I'll get GJ again with the ever growing list of stuff I need to try. Hype definitely has something in common with GJ, the nicotine base probably.

Look up 10 posts.

Hoosier Ecig Supply and Crystal Clear Vaping are great one-man operations with good prices and fast shipping (free at CCV).

MadVapes and Liberty Flights are relatively large, well known, online stores.

Jharp

I'm sure it's been covered so far in the thread- but what's with the juice stuff? I keep looking at different E-cig sites (currently eyeing Green Smoke) and none mention juice. I'm wary about buying these damn things without knowing what I'm getting into- why do some of you have juice? So far as I can tell, all that matters are the batteries, chargers, and cartomizers. The cartomizers are what have different flavor option.

Where the hell does juice come in?

I'm sure it's been covered so far in the thread- but what's with the juice stuff? I keep looking at different E-cig sites (currently eyeing Green Smoke) and none mention juice. I'm wary about buying these damn things without knowing what I'm getting into- why do some of you have juice? So far as I can tell, all that matters are the batteries, chargers, and cartomizers. The cartomizers are what have different flavor option.

i think juice fills up the cartomizers, but yeah, this ecig stuff really needs a faq or something.

speedline

Banned

You use the juice to refill the cartomizers, they are reusable/refillable therefore saving money and offering a ton of variety in different flavors and strengths. A FAQ would be great, but I am in no way knowledgeable enough to write one, so many options out there. The main question is "I am a smoker, should I switch to vaping?" and the emphatic answer would be "Yes, and do it now."

Love Hype, switched it out this month to check out Gorilla Juice, which I like but not as much as Hype. Don't know if I'll get GJ again with the ever growing list of stuff I need to try. Hype definitely has something in common with GJ, the nicotine base probably.

Hoosier Ecig Supply and Crystal Clear Vaping are great one-man operations with good prices and fast shipping (free at CCV).

MadVapes and Liberty Flights are relatively large, well known, online stores.

I see you have Copper Creek House Blend in a 50/50 PG/VG. I was about to pull the trigger on some yesterday and was wondering the thickness of the all VG blend, so I think I will get a 50/50 assuming it does not need to be thinned down any. Boba's and Gorilla juice both are clogging up my clearomizers and have to be thinned or I will not get a good vape from them. I've had no issues with PG personally and it always gives a good vape for me.

Broseybrose

i think juice fills up the cartomizers, but yeah, this ecig stuff really needs a faq or something.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ A forum. All answers can be found there.

The nicotine liquid is pure nicotine mixed with in a propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine. Most juice vendors (you should only be buying this stuff online!) let you choose PG or VG or at least plainly state what their juices have.

Then they add the flavor. Each vendor does that differently.

The main question is "I am a smoker, should I switch to vaping?" and the emphatic answer would be "Yes, and do it now."

slowclap.gif

Truth.

Zeth

I see you have Copper Creek House Blend in a 50/50 PG/VG. I was about to pull the trigger on some yesterday and was wondering the thickness of the all VG blend, so I think I will get a 50/50 assuming it does not need to be thinned down any. Boba's and Gorilla juice both are clogging up my clearomizers and have to be thinned or I will not get a good vape from them. I've had no issues with PG personally and it always gives a good vape for me.

The thickest Copper Creek juice I've had was their standard 60/40 which works great in cartos and probably clearomizers as well. I've been adding 10-15 drops of distilled water per 30ml to the AVE stuff.. No noticeable loss in flavor and thins it just enough to consistently work well in cartos.

I love Virgin Vapor's 100% VG, it seems to have the viscosity of 50/50 juices from other places. .

Jharp

So you bros with the juice don't buy cartomizers, you just refill the ones you have?

Is that cheaper than buying cartomizer packs?

Goddamn I really want some raspberry cigarettes at about 1.8%.

Cartomizers are disposable right? For those of us too lazy to deal with the juice nonsense.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
can someone post me a good site to get these from that I won't feel ripped off by?

Madvapes.com is who I have been buying from for the last year or so. Have never had any trouble from them. For anyone new to these things, don't give up if you have a bad experience. It took me about six months of trial and error before I fell into the vaping groove.

Top Bottom