• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Giard

What's the difference between the propylene glycol and vegetable thingy concentrations? Is 100% VG better than 60/40 PG/VG?

Okay, I need to ask a few questions. I have the regular disposable ecigs (both the Premium kit and Apollo starter kit), but I want something better now that I really quit smoking. I'm new to the liquid aspect of ecigs but it's very confusing to me. I was hoping this atomizer/cartomizer confusing jargon from the early days of ecigs was done with once they combined them into the 1 piece flavor cartridges like the one I have now, but I guess not.

If I order that KGO ecig in your link, is that all I need to start dripping e-juice (like some organic ones from vaperite)? Do they work together? That kit you linked doesn't include a cartomizer -do I need that for this ecig? The kit includes 2 atomizers - do they need to be replaced after a while? All I want is a reliable, easy to use, long lasting e-cig, and a good selection of organic juices, and I'll be fine for a number of years ordering them.

Sorry if this is a lot to answer, but every ecig store website has their own specialty names for items, and it seems a lot of items only work with specific other items. And then the confusing mess of teaching FAQs and videos themselves are either too specific or too broad, or outdated if they're only a few months old. The ecig world is changing and getting more confusing by the day.

Broseybrose

Okay, I need to ask a few questions. I have the regular disposable ecigs (Premium, Apollo), but I want something better now that I really quit smoking. I'm new to the liquid aspect of ecigs but it's very confusing to me. I was hoping this atomizer/cartomizer confusing jargon from the early days of ecigs was done with once they combined them into the 1 piece cartridges like the one I have now, but I guess not.

If I order that KGO ecig in your link, is that all I need to start dripping e-juice (like some organic ones from vaperite)? Do they work together? That kit you linked doesn't include a cartomizer -do I need that for this ecig? The kit includes 2 atomizers - do they need to be replaced after a while? All I want is a reliable, easy to use, long lasting e-cig, and a good selection of organic juices, and I'll be fine for a number of years ordering them.

Sorry if this is a lot to answer, but every ecig store website has their own specialty names for items, and it seems a lot items only work with specific other items. And then the confusing mess of teaching FAQs and videos themselves are either too specific or too broad, or outdated if they're only a few months old. The ecig world is changing and getting more confusing by the day.

All of your assumptions seem to be correct.

Combine a battery with an atomizer or a cartomizer of the same threading (510) and you get an ecig. With atomizers, your options are to use cartridges or a drip tip. I direct drip into a drip tip.

All juices are compatible with all devices as far as I know.

The attys will last you a couple months and the batteries should last you a year or two, before you start to notice its not pumping out the power it was when it was new.

A cartomizer is simply an evolution of the atomizer/cartridge combination. I think cartomizers are better than an atomizer/cartridge combo. But again, I dont use cartridges, I drip, so I buy attys.

If youre a cartomizer guy, then i would pick up the KGO kit i posted (even if its just for the batteries!) and a couple of dual-coil cartomizers to use (they're right in the upper right corner of the KGO page). Dont forget to order some juice too (my recommendations are in post 325). And a drip tip so you can try out dripping for yourself.

Overall, you save a ridiculous amount of money doing it this way compared to smoking cigs!

kbH2t.gif

If youre a cartomizer guy, then i would pick up the KGO kit i posted (even if its just for the batteries!) and a couple of dual-coil cartomizers to use (they're right in the upper right corner of the KGO page). Dont forget to order some juice too (my recommendations are in post 325). And a drip tip so you can try out dripping for yourself.

Thanks. I assume the KGO is a 510? There's a lot of choices of cartomizers on the hoosier website. Do they all work with this kit? What is the difference between single and double coil, and what does ohm mean? The kit says it includes 1.5ohm batteries, but it also includes 2.0ohm atomizers - why the difference? How many refills can you do in a cartomizer before you need to use a new one? Would you need to change it if you switch flavors?

Broseybrose

Thanks. I assume the KGO is a 510? There's a lot of choices of cartomizers on the hoosier website. Do they all work with this kit? What is the difference between single and double coil, and what does ohm mean? The kit says it includes 1.5ohm batteries, but it also includes 2.0ohm atomizers - why the difference? How many refills can you do in a cartomizer before you need to use a new one? Would you need to change it if you switch flavors?
The KGO i linked to is a 510 model.

Any carto you buy will state if its 510 threading, or you choose 510 when you place your order.

Any 510 atty/carto will work with KGO 510.

Dual coil cartos simply have 2 heating elements inside instead of one. They are better IMO.

1.5 ohm CAPABLE batteries. That means the batts can handle LR attys/cartos as low as 1.5 ohms. You get 2.0s. "Standard" resistance attys/cartos are 3.0 ohms.

An ohm is a measurement of electrical resistance. The lower the ohm, the hotter the atty/carto burns.

Conventional wisdom says cartos last about 5 refills.

Once you put a flavor in a carto i would stick with that flavor or something similar. Some people boil their cartos out to clean them, but theyre really meant to be disposable. And since theyre so cheap...

But that is exactly why i prefer dripping. I like to bounce from flavor to flavor each time i drip into my atty. Which mean if i were to use cartos, Id have to have like 5 cartos filled with my favorite flavors ready to go at all times.

Twinduct

Getting a Lavatube to replace my eGo-tank. Although the tank will still be used.
So anyone with a lavatube with some advice? I read quite a few positive reviews on it.

Broseybrose

Well I cant say anything about the tanks but the ego batteries are perfectly fine. They usually start to loose their power after about a year of constant heavy vaping.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The batteries are great, but I'm on a learning curve with the tanks. It's not often, but sometimes too much juice tries to go through the atty and some of it winds up at the mouthpiece.

However, it is not even close to as bad as what would happen with my 510 when it overflowed.

I'm currently using the ego-c

surrogate

Does anyone here have the Joye Ego-T

I do. The batteries are good, the tank/atomizer combo is way more trouble than it is worth. I've gone to using KR808D-1 cartomizers from www.myvaporstore.com with a 510 thread adapter. I axe the rubber mouthpiece and stick a drip tip in the end of the carto. The drip tip is easier to remove for adding liquid to the carto and is more comfortable. I only use 2 cartos a week and add small amounts of liquid several times a day. Even after a week, they usually work fine, I just change them for the hell of it. The KR808D-1 cartos leak much less than the 510 threaded cartos seem to, and it is only when I add to much liquid. It is also easier to mop up any stray liquid with a qtip than on the 510s.

I've also started mixing my own liquid as it cost way less in the long run and I like being able to control the amount of flavor.

Zeth

I'm about to order a massive batch of cartos for the next month or two and I want to grab some attys for dripping too. Are smoktech's any good? I'm guessing I can't go wrong with boge/smoktech?

I've tried dripping a few times with zero success. Probably because they were all crappy random attys from kits, I never searched for a good one because I was always happy with cartos. They had bridges, I removed them, and they still sucked. So I'm hoping a good atomizer will change this.

zeioIIDX

Picked up a KGO 1100 mAh a week ago and got my AVE Hype and Boba's Bounty. Holy crap, that Hype flavor is amazing!! It's sort of subtle but the peach/melon flavor is definitely there. Tastes so much better than the crappy strawberry flavor that came free with my first e-cig a while ago. With that one you got some odd aftertaste no matter what. With the AVE Hype e-juice, I taste nothing but peach/melon :) Can't wait to try Boba's Bounty, it smells unique. I don't know whether this is a good comparison but using an e-cig with these amazing flavors reminds me of using a hookah.

EDIT: Mmmm, just tried Boba's Bounty. Tastes like...graham crackers...and something else. Raisins? Vanilla?

Broseybrose

I'm about to order a massive batch of cartos for the next month or two and I want to grab some attys for dripping too. Are smoktech's any good? I'm guessing I can't go wrong with boge/smoktech?

I've tried dripping a few times with zero success. Probably because they were all crappy random attys from kits, I never searched for a good one because I was always happy with cartos. They had bridges, I removed them, and they still sucked. So I'm hoping a good atomizer will change this.

Smoktechs are a lot of vaper's favorite cartos. Especially the dual-coils.

I also remove the bridge of my attys because dripping is all I do. I dont know why it didnt work for you.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Now is the time and I'm serious about it this time. I need to quit smoking analogs. For the past several hours I've been going through threads on the ECF forum and trying to figure out what will work best for me. Honestly I'm a little overwhelmed it seems like there are so many choices out there. I could use a little help.

I'm a pack a day smoker. Over the last year I've stepped down from Marlboro Reds (Full flavor) to Marlboro Lights. Even though I've stepped down the brand I'm still smoking a pack a day. I would like something that is as close as possible to smoking a Light. I've tried the disposable Ecigs from places like Walgreen's and while it was alright for a couple of days I found that it wasn't eliminating my smoking of analogs but I did step down to about a half a pack a day during that time.

This time I want to quit analogs for good. What I'm looking for in an ecig is something that is the same size and shape as an analog. I don't think I would dig trying to smoke something the size of a sharpie. Right now I'm leaning towards a V2. Having to buy cartridges all the time doesn't sound great but I can't find a refillable one with the size dimensions I want.

Has anyone used a V2 before? What is your experience? I know I should probably post this on the ECF forum but I wanted to give my GAF homies a chance to weigh in first.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Okay so...
My dad, despite being a bit of a hipster is a bit too macho to try these I know.
But my mom, she has taught herself to code, writes little software programs for the girls she works with... somehow in her 50s my mom has become something of a techie. She is also a really bad smoker.
I want to get her one of these so bad, because I think she'd use it. Too bad I'm poor :(
Now is the time and I'm serious about it this time. I need to quit smoking analogs. For the past several hours I've been going through threads on the ECF forum and trying to figure out what will work best for me. Honestly I'm a little overwhelmed it seems like there are so many choices out there. I could use a little help.

I'm a pack a day smoker. Over the last year I've stepped down from Marlboro Reds (Full flavor) to Marlboro Lights. Even though I've stepped down the brand I'm still smoking a pack a day. I would like something that is as close as possible to smoking a Light. I've tried the disposable Ecigs from places like Walgreen's and while it was alright for a couple of days I found that it wasn't eliminating my smoking of analogs but I did step down to about a half a pack a day during that time.

This time I want to quit analogs for good. What I'm looking for in an ecig is something that is the same size and shape as an analog. I don't think I would dig trying to smoke something the size of a sharpie. Right now I'm leaning towards a V2. Having to buy cartridges all the time doesn't sound great but I can't find a refillable one with the size dimensions I want.

Has anyone used a V2 before? What is your experience? I know I should probably post this on the ECF forum but I wanted to give my GAF homies a chance to weigh in first.

My parents smoke Marlboro, so answer this man's question and you've maybe helped me as a bonus :)

DietRob

I went ahead and started a thread on EFC and after many responses and many video reviews I watched I went ahead and ordered the Volt from Smokeless Image.

It was around 40 bucks and I hope that it ends up paying for itself in about a week from me not buying regular cigs.

I'll post again once I get it.

daw840

I went ahead and started a thread on EFC and after many responses and many video reviews I watched I went ahead and ordered the Volt from Smokeless Image.

It was around 40 bucks and I hope that it ends up paying for itself in about a week from me not buying regular cigs.

link to thread?

Broseybrose

I gotta update my favorite juice list. Since Backwoods Brew recently stopped making and selling their RY4 ive been vaping almost exclusively Alien Visions: Blend 4 (which is a perfect BB RY4 substitute) and Boba's Bounty (which took me about a year to acquire a taste for).

Of course Sweet Caroline from ivape.net and Backwoods 555 never leave my rotation.

DietRob

Personally I haven't tried an ego model but I have been lurking the ecf forum for a few days and everyone seems to be jizzing their pants over ego's particularly the new ego-c model so I guess they are good quality if that is the type of ecig you are after. I'm just not sure I could deal with something as big as a sharpie.

dj_h

Neo Member

dj_h

Neo Member
What's the difference between the propylene glycol and vegetable thingy concentrations? Is 100% VG better than 60/40 PG/VG?

For the most part it comes down to the amount of vapour and flavour that is produced when you take a hit. In addition each affect the thickness of the juice, and want you are going to be using it for. carts and tanks tend to work better with a 50PG/50VG or lower VG bend to get vapour, good taste and thickness to work in a cart. If you are dripping into attys then you want a thicker juice so it doesn't just flow out the bottom of the atty.

VG= thicker
PG= "watery"

DietRob

Well, I got my Volt E-Cig on Saturday afternoon and haven't had a regular cigarette since. I was a pack a day smoker. It's only been a couple of days but I can honestly tell a difference in my health I'm already feeling/breathing better. I can't wait to see how much more healthy I feel even further down the road.

It wasn't nearly as tough as I thought it was going to be. Anyone who is on the fence about E-Cigs and really has a strong will to quit should absolutely give it a shot.

Broseybrose

Glad youre on board!

I still recommend the KGO to everybody. Its what I use. I know its a lot to ask, but if you scroll up and read my posts (#325), i think they collectively show the newcomer all they need to get started feeling confident.

DietRob

Glad youre on board!

I still recommend the KGO to newcomers. I know its a lot to ask, but if you scroll up and read my posts (#325), i think they collectively show the newcomer all they need to get started feeling confident.

Yea, I can understand why you would recommend the KGO, especially for things like battery life and the amount of liquid it can hold. However, for me I wanted my first E-CIG to be something very similar in size to a regular cigarette.

My thought behind this is that it would help my mind feel like I was just switching brands or something. Which so far so good.

Down the road I will probably want something like a KGO or EGO-C so I can produce more vapor and not have to refill cartomizers all the time.

I got the EGO-T a few months back with a sampler of 5 or 6 different flavors of juice.

It just didn't give me that sharp kick in the throat that I'm looking for. The closest thing I could compare it to is smoking a sheesha/argeela (arabian water pipe)

It was a Canadian retailer, so the juices didn't have any nicotine in them. I tried to order some of the popular highly recommended juices that are supposed to give you good throat hit from American retailers but they wouldn't ship them to me because of some bullshit blanket advisory from Health Canada.

Went back to smoking anlogs and haven't touched the e-cig since.

Broseybrose

I got the EGO-T a few months back with a sampler of 5 or 6 different flavors of juice.

It just didn't give me that sharp kick in the throat that I'm looking for. The closest thing I could compare it to is smoking a sheesha/argeela (arabian water pipe)

It was a Canadian retailer, so the juices didn't have any nicotine in them. I tried to order some of the popular highly recommended juices that are supposed to give you good throat hit from American retailers but they wouldn't ship them to me because of some bullshit blanket advisory from Health Canada.

Went back to smoking anlogs and haven't touched the e-cig since.

Tis bullshit. The gov't tried so hard to protect your health for you that they drove you right back to cigarettes. The ecig community lives in constant awareness of their legal situations.

Giard

Another newbie question. What nicotine strength should I get for a beginner, someone who smokes about a pack a day?

Broseybrose

I started at 18mg and eventually decided 24mg would be better. Been at 24mg ever since. I dont vape constantly, but when i do, i get satisfaction :D

surly

Banned
Another newbie question. What nicotine strength should I get for a beginner, someone who smokes about a pack a day?
I started at 18, then after a few months I went down to 11 which I've been using for about 8 or 9 months now.

Giard

I started at 18mg and eventually decided 24mg would be better. Been at 24mg ever since. I dont vape constantly, but when i do, i get satisfaction :D
Thanks! Just ordered the black version of the e-cig you recommended previously. I hope he'll like it.

I started at 18, then after a few months I went down to 11 which I've been using for about 8 or 9 months now.
That's the strength I ordered, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback.

Zeth

+1 for the KGO

Ordered another pair today. These things kick ass. Even after a couple months of daily use, mine still kick like crazy through most of the charge. (3.9-4v I'm guessing, but can't measure).

I'm loving Copper Creek's Creme De Menthe. One of the only mint/menthol juices I've liked. Has a creamy/chocolatey taste.

Does this look sketchy to you guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KGO-E-Go-El...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a729640c7#ht_587wt_1048

cause i have an ebay certificate to make it really cheap and I'm starting to notice how much my Blu kit sucks.

Finally got this KGO in the mail yesterday (priority shipping my ass)

aside from a wonky usb power adapter that made me think I got burned until I realized it's super touchy, this thing is good. Way more throat hit and vapor than the Blu e-cig kit I bought at walgreens...i think this is the one I'm sticking with.

I wish it came with some normal sized batteries though-- the large battery is not something I want to carry around or even use in public.

daw840

So I went ahead and bought this. Been using it for about half of the day and I must say I really really like it. Hopefully it has more longevity than the last e-cig that I purchased. I got some peach juice that's tastes pretty good. Also got a bottle of Kamol which is supposed to taste like a Camel. Haven't tried this one yet, but I will post impressions later.

daw840

I have to say I really like this thing. It's kind of a pain to refill, but you don't have to fill it very often.

daw840

Another update on this Ego-T:

I am really digging the battery life. This is amazing considering my last experience with my e-cig. I received my package on Saturday at about 3:00pm central time. I opened it up and plugged in one of the batteries. While it was charging I read the instruction manual, filled up the tank, and waited. It was done charging in about 30 minutes and I immediately started using it. I have had to refill the tank once (not sure that I really needed to though) and have been vaping all weekend. It's Monday now, vapor still going strong, haven't needed to use my spare battery yet and still on the 2nd tank of juice. No leakage from the tank at all either, which was a big issue for me on the last ecig.

Amazing.

Although, I will have to say it's a PITA to get the hard plastic cap off of the tank to refill it. That and the large size are the only two complaints I have so far. As far as complaints go, those are super minor and very nitpicky in my mind.

DietRob

I got some new juices from Alien Visions today.

Boba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice, and Hype.

My favorite is Boba's Bounty it's a really complex juice. Tastes like a little bit of turkish blend tobacco, banana, vanilla, maybe a hint of cinnamon. The taste I get seems to change it's subtle flavor after each pull.

avejuice.com

I'm a smoker with a wife who quit once she got pregnant, and even with the baby being born 10 months ago never went back. Bless her heart, she hasn't ever bugged me about quitting, especially as I work in a project-heavy environment.

Anyway, I was at the gym yesterday and I am quickly realizing I'm not the young man that can smoke + workout anymore. Also, looked in the blue eyes of my infant son, bla...bla...bla...bla...etc.

Last night I bought this:

volcano-kit-black_1.jpg

I wish I would've done more research, as I did something uncharacteristic of myself and bought on impulse. Since buying it I've done some research, and I think it's a pretty good set.

Hopefully I didn't just flush $65 down the drain.

Burger

Hey if anyone in the UK wants a 30ml bottle of Copper Creek House Blend 12mg (40/60 VG/PG) then get in touch. I've used about 1ml of it and I don't really like it very much. It did win 1st place at some juice award thing.

£15 plus postage.

Ok, looking for an ecig myself now, I'm an almost a pack a day smoker, and decided to get my feet wet with a blu disposable. Things have gone well so far so I've been looking for a good starter kit. The Volt seems to be right up my alley. I'm looking at the 78mm ones with the bigger PCC. The other brand I was looking at was the Stog set mainly because I heard their cartos kicked all sorts of ass.

My question is, are cartos more or less universal? If I get the Volt, can I use other cartos on it down the line if there is a flavor I really like?

DietRob

Ok, looking for an ecig myself now, I'm an almost a pack a day smoker, and decided to get my feet wet with a blu disposable. Things have gone well so far so I've been looking for a good starter kit. The Volt seems to be right up my alley. I'm looking at the 78mm ones with the bigger PCC. The other brand I was looking at was the Stog set mainly because I heard their cartos kicked all sorts of ass.

My question is, are cartos more or less universal? If I get the Volt, can I use other cartos on it down the line if there is a flavor I really like?

I've got the Volt and I have really enjoyed it so far. I was also a pack a day smoker and as of this post I am 11 days cig free. The cartos for the Volt are KR808 size. As long as you purchase cartos that are 808 they will fit.

I would suggest getting blanks and filling them with your own juice that way you can have more variety. I ordered my stuff from SmokelessImage.com. If you order from there use the coupon code "SIVOLT50" for 15% off your purchase.

The only drawback to the 808's is I've found they are not as much customization available as the 510 models. However, you can always buy an 808 to 510 adapter if you upgrade to bigger batteries and stuff.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to help in whatever way I can. Good Luck kicking the stinkies.

I've got the Volt and I have really enjoyed it so far. I was also a pack a day smoker and as of this post I am 11 days cig free. The cartos for the Volt are KR808 size. As long as you purchase cartos that are 808 they will fit.

I would suggest getting blanks and filling them with your own juice that way you can have more variety. I ordered my stuff from SmokelessImage.com. If you order from there use the coupon code "SIVOLT50" for 15% off your purchase.

The only drawback to the 808's is I've found they are not as much customization available as the 510 models. However, you can always buy an 808 to 510 adapter if you upgrade to bigger batteries and stuff.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to help in whatever way I can. Good Luck kicking the stinkies.

ECR69 is the code I'm using, 15% off works out pretty well and it seems they have a lot of those codes out there which is good. I'm going to wait on getting the liquid, primarily because I want to see how I like the 555 or Cowboy flavors first. I'm going with 18mg cartos.

Also, is there any way to tell what type of battery a certain brand uses? I am really curious about the Stog cartos, I've heard a lot of good things about them. The whole pack is way too expensive tho compared to the volt.

Top Bottom