• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck FOX and Fuck Ratner for this bullshit ass cliffhanger...again!!

Now I gotta wait for the Spring to see what happens next. At least I have Nip/Tuck starting soon...

:mad:

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shawnwhann said:
Fuck FOX and Fuck Ratner for this bullshit ass cliffhanger...again!!

Now I gotta wait for the Spring to see what happens next. At least I have Nip/Tuck starting soon...

:mad:

What cliffhanger? This is probably the smallest cliffhanger they've ever done. Everyone's fine, no one's missing. Few revelations, but there's no immediate threat that we have to wait to see resolved. Their eye is on the final prize.

DrForester said:
What cliffhanger? This is probably the smallest cliffhanger they've ever done. Everyone's fine, no one's missing. Few revelations, but there's no immediate threat that we have to wait to see resolved. Their eye is on the final prize.

I beg to differ....

What happens to Gretchen?
What deal did the general make with the "Cole Phifer"?
Why would the Scoefeld brothers go toe-to-toe?
How will Self get his ass handed to him?
How does mom work with the Company...and why is she in contact with the buyer of Scilla?
Is the general's daughter officially aligned against the Company?

Bottom line is that I'm not satisfied enough to gladly endure a several month hiatus.

Shawnwhann said:
I beg to differ....

How does mom work with the Company...and why is she in contact with the buyer of Scilla?

Bottom line is that I'm not satisfied enough to gladly endure a several month hiatus.

His mom actually had Scylla there with her. She picked it up with her hands at the end. I thought this was coming back in Jan or Feb. Fucking Spring ?? Damn that is a long wait. I guess they are trying to push the last 6 episodes to go into May sweeps...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shawnwhann said:
I beg to differ....

What happens to Gretchen?
What deal did the general make with the "Cole Phifer"?
Why would the Scoefeld brothers go toe-to-toe?
How will Self get his ass handed to him?
Is the general's daughter officially aligned against the Company?

1. They seemed to indicate she's done she's gone. Cops will arrest her, she'll probably get charged with murder of the people there, but she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut. No immediate progress will be done with the character. Maybe she'll escape, maybe she'll come back, but it doesn't matter right now.
2. How is that immediately relevant? He either wants a job, money or both (Maybe right to kill Michael)
3. Obviously, Lincoln thinks that giving Scylla back will end it, Michael still wants to bring down the company.
4. Petty obvious he's going to die if this really is the last half season of the series. Just a matter of who kills him and when.
5&6. Again, not really an immediate relevant point, just a lose end.

What i was getting at, is this was a very very tame mid season finale for prison break.

Season 1. Ends with them trying to escape, only to find a new metal pipe is blocking their path.
Season 2. Brothers are rescued by Kellerman
Season 3. After a failed company escape attempt, Michael is taken out of Sona with only 2 days left to escape.

There's nothing even close with this finale.

DrForester said:
1. They seemed to indicate she's done she's gone. Cops will arrest her, she'll probably get charged with murder of the people there, but she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut. No immediate progress will be done with the character. Maybe she'll escape, maybe she'll come back, but it doesn't matter right now.
2. How is that immediately relevant? He either wants a job, money or both (Maybe right to kill Michael)
3. Obviously, Lincoln thinks that giv9ing Scylla back will end it, Michael still wants to bring down the company.
4. Petty obvious he's going to die if this really is the last half season of the series. Just a matter of who kills him and when.
5&6. Again, not really an immediate relevant point, just a lose end.

What i was getting at, is this was a very very tame mid season finale for prison break.

Season 1. Ends with them trying to escape, only to find a new metal pipe is blocking their path.
Season 2. Brothers are rescued by Kellerman
Season 3. After a failed company escape attempt, Michael is taken out of Sona with only 2 days left to escape.

There's nothing even close with this finale.

Makes sense I suppose.... I'm fairly new to Prison Break as I first started watching last season when Micheal ended up in Sona. I guess I can spend this time getting up to speed on Seasons 1 & 2.

Akim said:
Anyone see that shot when the car ran into the ATV thing

:lol

Yeah, that was hilarious. "We've secretly replaced the Company men with crash dummies. Let's see if Sarah and Michael notice."

Akim

Banned
BobJustBob said:
Yeah, that was hilarious. "We've secretly replaced the Company men with crash dummies. Let's see if Sarah and Michael notice."

2iqxr4n.png

Blader

bottles said:
That was totally out of the blue. :lol

Prison Break is my guilty pleasure. Here’s hoping for another season.

Not only was it out of the blue, it went on for so long. :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
CANCELLED!

RIP.jpg

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/breaking-fox-ca.html

Breaking: Fox cancels 'Prison Break'

Jan 13, 2009, 12:29 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Big news from Fox's portion of winter press tour! The net just announced that Prison Break would be coming to an end this season. Oh, did I say big news? I meant news we all saw coming a mile away.

The final string of episodes will kick off April 17, but exactly how many episodes there will be is an open question. "We've got our remaining batch of four episodes and then there are a couple more we're contemplating," says network prez Kevin Reilly, adding that the four-year old Prison has simply run its course. "The show is played out."

hope they can wrap it up nicely.

The final string of episodes will kick off April 17, but exactly how many episodes there will be is an open question. "We've got our remaining batch of four episodes and then there are a couple more we're contemplating," says network prez Kevin Reilly, adding that the four-year old Prison has simply run its course. "The show is played out."
'Remaining batch of 4' there were supposed to be more than 4...

Well, I'm glad we'll definitely be getting a proper conclusion though. That's something I've wanted from the very beginning. This show has been very entertaining from start to finish and will go down as my favourite of all-time.

Finally caught up. April is very far away, and weird that they want the finale during the May sweeps if theyre so excited to cancel it

<3 at whore speech

Darko

Why are people surprised this is the last season, they are definatly running out of shit for scofeild and co to do :lol even though i love the show, another season would be uneccesary..

Edit: the Whore monologue is one of the greatest speeches ever put to film, period. :lol

bottles

Darko said:
Why are people surprised this is the last season, they are definatly running out of shit for scofeild and co to do :lol even though i love the show, another season would be uneccesary..

Edit: the Whore monologue is one of the greatest speeches ever put to film, period. :lol

I’m pretty convinced the writers are capable of thinking up another ridiculous twist that could kickstart a fifth season.

I know Prison Break is ridiculous these days, but it’s a lot of fun. I’m gonna miss Scofield and friends.

Darko

bottles said:
I’m pretty convinced the writers are capable of thinking up another ridiculous twist that could kickstart a fifth season.

I know Prison Break is ridiculous these days, but it’s a lot of fun. I love Lost and BSG as much as the next guy, but I’m gonna miss Scofield and friends.

Season 1 - Break out of Prison
Season 2 (end) - Back in Prison
Season 3 - Break out of Prison
Season 4 - Break into company
Season 5 - Back in Prison?

no more.. please :lol

agrajag

Banned
The part where the writers went wrong is when they decided that Michael Scolfield needs to break out of a new prison every season just to stay true to the title.

More news about the last episodes (although still a bit confusing)
Here's Preston's reply as he posted it on Project Fox:

"ok first of all Prison Break has spent it's entire run up to this point on Monday nights. We have broken the season into two parts in most of those years so that we can run chunks of them continuously to give the viewer the best experience possible. this show has not been scheduled erradically in my opinion.

Next we wanted to end the show after 16 episodes this season and not bring it back for six additional episodes. That was the plan. There was pressure put on us by our studio to make an additional 6 episodes. We at the network said that we could not bring the show back on Monday and that we would have to find a place for them on another night and that would be an insult to the fans. It was not our intent to make the six additional episodes.

Finally when we agreed to the additional 6 we were not aware of another two hour "finale" that the studio decided to make.

We told them we had a plan for the final 6 episodes and did not need another two hours and to be honest we do not plan on airing it. I can tell you that the six hours that we air in April and May will have a conclusion and that the additional two hours will not further the story beyond the conclusion that will air on FOX"
So essentially, we've got 6 more episodes that will be shown on FOX. There will also be an additional 2-hours (probably released with the DVDs) that won't further the story beyond what they show on FOX.

Kletian

So they made them but they didnt want to make them and are showing them but dont want to show them on a different night but not on a new night. And they are making a 2 hour event but not making it and it wont conclude the s..

Ya know what, fuck it.

Darko

forgot about this show :lol ... i honestly dont give a fuck how it ends :lol , theyve draged this show out way to long

Kletian said:
So they made them but they didnt want to make them and are showing them but dont want to show them on a different night but not on a new night. And they are making a 2 hour event but not making it and it wont conclude the s..

Ya know what, fuck it.
The guy who is talking works for the Network FOX in their scheduling dept. The studio wanted the extra 6 episodes and persuaded the FOX network to air those 6 episodes. The studio then produced another 2 hours but the Network doesn't want to air them. It's convoluted but it makes sense.

The issue I have with this guy is:
this show has not been scheduled erradically in my opinion.
This show has been horribly scheduled. The amount of times weeks were missed, breaks were extended, breaks were shortened, and lack of advertising was a complete joke.

Totz

Costanza said:
Finally, a new episode is on at 9 PM tonight. Can't wait.

T-Bag proves once again he's the best character in the show. "I wanna talk to your president." :lol

Sara is pregnant? Wha? Huh?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Totz said:
T-Bag proves once again he's the best character in the show. "I wanna talk to your president." :lol

Sara is pregnant? Wha? Huh?

I figure Tbag has to die, and I can't wait to see how. I've been tired of his character since season 2.

Man, I wonder if it's possible to count the Shark jumps this show has has.

:lol :D :lol THE TWIST :lol :D :lol

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
that was pretty retarded.. how the hell did they know he would specifically touch the shell casings? the whole thing was based on the assumption that they would all figure things out at a certain pre-determined schedule. :/ they only figured out about the hotel room because they kidnapped that guy.. but it didnt seem like mama was expecting that since they had told the indian dude that the scientist would contact him..

im just watching it now to see how it ends.. but its pretty stupid at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom