• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3wThr33

Banned
Just finished.

GODDAMMIT SELF. It's totally out of character.

All this time I thought it was Self's boss that was going to be a traitor. But then I saw the Company was actually worried and panicked.

Fuck fuck fuck.

M3wThr33 said:
All this time I thought it was Self's boss that was going to be a traitor. But then I saw the Company was actually worried and panicked.
Same here. I guess Self sold his soul for a bunch of money. I would think that he could still be out for revenge but he wouldn't have killed the hot agent.

Pretty bad episode. Self just disconnects his number and hands them a folder of blank pages and he's done? Why would he not kill them? Why would they sit around the table feeling sorry for themselves instead of getting the hell out of there? Why did the woman never put her shirt back on?

Favorite line: "We've got company." Oh Lincoln, you and your dry wit.

Costanza

Banned
This really would have worked as a semi-decent series finale if FOX had reshot the last 10 minutes when they decided not to pick up a full season.

Shalashaska said:
Same here. I guess Self sold his soul for a bunch of money. I would think that he could still be out for revenge but he wouldn't have killed the hot agent.

What I don't get was Self was on the Company's list that Michael looked at - when the entire season he was trying to bring them down. So it makes no sense. If he was working for the Company, why would he steal it? I don't understand how he was on the list, but for the previews next week, it's obvious he was out for the money, not with the Company - so its odd its on the list.

On a side note, the guy who plays Self is a great actor. I liked him in Boston Public, and one of those sitcoms that didn't last on Sunday nights with FOX - one of the 300 or so the past decade. But I think he's a really good actor.

Everything about last night's episode was amazing except for Self's betrayal. It was so out of character, it's not even funny. You would think that if Self was only out for the money, he would not have risked his life more than once to help everyone's asses.

Blader

Spider Silva said:
What I don't get was Self was on the Company's list that Michael looked at - when the entire season he was trying to bring them down. So it makes no sense. If he was working for the Company, why would he steal it? I don't understand how he was on the list, but for the previews next week, it's obvious he was out for the money, not with the Company - so its odd its on the list.

He isn't working for the Company, he's just in it for money like Gretchen.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That was a nice ending

Bunch of stupid stuff in the middle with all the crosses, and double crosses, but I couldn't be happier that they aren't going to be running from the Feds.

Chemo

Wow, not a single post in this thread for this episode... people are abandoning this show in droves every week it seems.

Oh well, I thought it was a pretty good episode... Self was always a complete dick, so everyone hating him and wanting him to die in a fire is pretty satisfying. What the fuck happened with Mahone leaving, though (to the five people who watched)?! Sucre and Sarah come back, but Mahone bounced? If he just disappears from the show and isn't up to something it'll be pretty deflating... Mahone is by far the best character.

The season really picked up when the data thief cell phone guy and Bellick died off. Not to season 1/2 levels or anything, but it does seem like it's building up to a satisfying climax. It's good that it's going away before it gets terrible... but in Prison Break's defense, more than any other program I can think of, it provides a completely different experience every season (yeah, I know there was another prison in the third season, but it was a totally different kind of prison with no plan whatsoever and some role reversal).

-- Edit --

Oh hell yeah, someone else posted while I typed this up. :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Chemo said:
Wow, not a single post in this thread for this episode... people are abandoning this show in droves every week it seems.

Oh well, I thought it was a pretty good episode... Self was always a complete dick, so everyone hating him and wanting him to die in a fire is pretty satisfying. What the fuck happened with Mahone leaving, though (to the five people who watched)?! Sucre and Sarah come back, but Mahone bounced? If he just disappears from the show and isn't up to something it'll be pretty deflating... Mahone is by far the best character.

The season really picked up when the data thief cell phone guy and Bellick died off. Not to season 1/2 levels or anything, but it does seem like it's building up to a satisfying climax. It's good that it's going away before it gets terrible... but in Prison Break's defense, more than any other program I can think of, it provides a completely different experience every season (yeah, I know there was another prison in the third season, but it was a totally different kind of prison with no plan whatsoever and some role reversal).

Did you watch the preview?

He went to contact the woman he used to work with at the FBI, the one who was trying to help him get out of Panama

Chemo

DrForester said:
Did you watch the preview?

He went to contact the woman he used to work with at the FBI, the one who was trying to help him get out of Panama
:O

Shit, I thought this was mid-season break time. :lol Fuck! Thanks for the info.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Spider Silva said:
Fuck, tonight was a new episode? Coulda swore it wasn't back on until January. Fug. So what happened?

Summary...

The feds chase them after Self makes a phone call framing them for the girls murder, and his own.

Michal contacts Gretchen, but Self finds her sister and daughter and holds them hostage, and gets T-Bag to work with him. Self has Gretchen lead him to a new buyer, and sets up Michael's Scooby gang to get caught, Lincoln is caught.

Feds realize that Self backstabed everyone, via some files form Self's PC, offer Michael and crew immunity to testify. Fed leader and Senator realize they could go to jail for carrying out this unauthorized operation, decide to silence everyone.

Michael goes to hear the deal, sends everyone else away. The mole for the General kills the Fed guy and proceeds to lead Michael, Lincoln and Senator away but Sucre and Sarah come back and rescue them.

The Senator leaves them with all evidence of the operation, so the feds aren't chasing them anymore.

Self and Gretchen get to buyer, who tells them there's a part missing. Turns out Michael took off a small piece of the Scylla box, and now Self is pissed and wants it back.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
crosses and double-crosses, I love it. Who was the guy playing the scylla buyer? He looked familiar.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Best thing they could do for a mid season cliffhanger....

Paul_adelstein_prison_break_agent_killerman.jpg

DrForester said:
Summary...

The feds chase them after Self makes a phone call framing them for the girls murder, and his own.

Michal contacts Gretchen, but Self finds her sister and daughter and holds them hostage, and gets T-Bag to work with him. Self has Gretchen lead him to a new buyer, and sets up Michael's Scooby gang to get caught, Lincoln is caught.

Feds realize that Self backstabed everyone, via some files form Self's PC, offer Michale and crew immunity to testify. Fed leader and Senator realize they could go to jail for carrying out this unauthorized operation, decide to silence everyone.

Michael goes to hear the deal, sends everyone else away. The mole for the General kills the Fed guy and proceeds to lead Michael, Lincoln and Senator away but Sucre and Sarah come back and rescue them.

The Senator leaves them with all evidence of the operation, so the feds aren't chasing them anymore.

Self and Gretchen get to buyer, who tells them there's a part missing. Turns out Michael took off a small piece of the Scylla box, and now Self is pissed and wants it back.

Nice, thanks for the summary. :D

Chemo

DrForester said:
Best thing they could do for a mid season cliffhanger....

Paul_adelstein_prison_break_agent_killerman.jpg
I miss Kellerman so much... he was the best before Mahone came around. It's nice that they cycle characters in and out so often though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Chemo said:
I miss Kellerman so much... he was the best before Mahone came around. It's nice that they cycle characters in and out so often though.

In the end I do think Mahone is a 100x better character, but Kellerman was still great.

Another good moment of the episode I remembered. Lincoln didn't even hesitate shooting that Company guy, even though he was no longer an immediate threat.

DrForester said:
Lincoln didn't even hesitate shooting that Company guy, even though he was no longer an immediate threat.

Yeah, that was a pretty great moment. Lincoln isn't taking any shit anymore. He almost shot the senator in the back. :lol

Flash

I enjoyed the episode, the season is no doubt picing up. Perfect.. just as exams are starting to roll around. :(

The Mahone thing was a bit strange though, i know he's not done with yet, but atleast show something! maybe him talking on the phone, leaving somewhere. All we got was "oh..gonna go back" and not much after that lol.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I have to agree the last few episodes have turned this season around, I hope the momentum continues. Prison Break deserves a good finish!

Xater

You guys actually liked the episode? I feel asleep watching it. all these bullshit twists can't get me excited anymore I guess.

dLMN8R

DrForester said:
I didn't completely understand this part. Who was the senator working with? The Company? Or was he just a part of the FBI group that was going to screw over Michael and crew?

And what does that evidence have to do with anything? Why Michael and crew free if they get to hold on to that paper? Don't they still have charges over their heads for other things?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
dLMN8R said:
I didn't completely understand this part. Who was the senator working with? The Company? Or was he just a part of the FBI group that was going to screw over Michael and crew?

And what does that evidence have to do with anything? Why Michael and crew free if they get to hold on to that paper? Don't they still have charges over their heads for other things?

The senator was presumably someone in the government high up enough to actually go after the General if they got hold of Scylla and had the evidence. Sine Homeland Security kept the whole thing about girl agent getting shot a secret, no one really knew that they were supposed to be chasing Michael and crew. As it stands now, they're still wanted, as they ere at the beginning of the season, but there is no active government force going after them.

New episode. Self dug his way out of the shit. I feel like this is some of the final episodes, doesn't feel like anyone is watching.

Spider Silva said:
New episode. Self dug his way out of the shit. I feel like this is some of the final episodes, doesn't feel like anyone is watching.

I :lol'd when Linc snuck up behind Self and punched the shit out of him.

I love the tie in with season 2. Also Michael bringing up Lincoln and Teddman, tying in the whole story, its about time they've done that.

Blader

Spider Silva said:
I love the tie in with season 2. Also Michael bringing up Lincoln and Teddman, tying in the whole story, its about time they've done that.

What tie in, and who is Teddman?

Blader5489 said:
What tie in, and who is Teddman?

:lol

Sarcasm right? If not, Teddman is the guy Lincoln was set up for that "killed" to start the series ... the women Presidents "brother," AKA her boyfriend too since it was incest revealed in season 2. The people Mahone met with were his subordinates in season 2 when Mahone was working for the company and was the head of hunting down Michael and the Fox River escapees.

Blader

Spider Silva said:

Sarcasm right? If not, Teddman is the guy Lincoln was set up for that "killed" to start the series ... the women Presidents "brother," AKA her boyfriend too since it was incest revealed in season 2. The people Mahone met with were his subordinates in season 2 when Mahone was working for the company and was the head of hunting down Michael and the Fox River escapees.

Oh, you mean Steadman.

Also: holy shit at that whole sequence of events. That was in-fucking-sane. :lol

fulsome

Spider Silva said:

Wasn't that Stedman? Terrance Stedman? Hmm, I am not sure I am spelling the last name correctly.

Blader5489 said:
Oh, you mean Steadman.

Also: holy shit at that whole sequence of events. That was in-fucking-sane. :lol

My bad kinda drinking here. Prison Break's history is just thrown out the window this year though so I'm trying to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom