• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Meh episode. Nothing seemed to happen. The receptionist is a mole. Big deal, doesn't really change anything. Waste an episode with Sucre on a mine, and the continuing adventures of the stupid subplot of them all, "Michael is sick".

Question though... When did T-Bag ever meet Self? I'm sure they must have, but with this show you never know.

agrajag

Banned
DrForester said:
Meh episode. Nothing seemed to happen. The receptionist is a mole. Big deal, doesn't really change anything. Waste an episode with Sucre on a mine, and the continuing adventures of the stupid subplot of them all, "Michael is sick".

Question though... When did T-Bag ever meet Self? I'm sure they must have, but with this show you never know.

Two or three episodes ago. He met both T-Bag and Gretchen at the same time. He threatened them and said he doesn't want to see them in the country after this ordeal is done or he gonna put a bullet in her head personally.

Agree on waste of an episode. The whole Michael is sick subplot is a waste of time. Sucre being a gigantic pussy was annoying as well. And why are they all so fond of Bellick all of a sudden?

Also, Mahone is by far the coolest character on the show. You can't help but feel for that guy.

Costanza

Banned
November 13, 2008 - Usually when a network orders two additional hours of a series, it's because it's doing well and the network wants to build on the buzz. However, this isn't exactly the case with Prison Break, which is down in the ratings this season. Many have speculated this could be its final season, and now it's looking more likely.

The Hollywood Reporter says that producers have been informed two additional episodes may be filmed this season, and it's assumed those two hours will be used to wrap up the series. What's unclear is when these two episodes, if made, would air – The Reporter says it's looking unlikely that they would air in the spring, due to the low ratings of the show. In fact, it's not clear when the final six episode of Season 4's initial 22-episode will air, as Prison Break goes on hiatus when 24 Returns.

The Reporter says it's possible FOX might air the final two episodes as a TV-Movie event next fall, akin to their upcoming 24: Redemption special. They also say the episodes might end up debuting on DVD.

Personally, I think that for fans of Prison Break, it's probably nice to hear that a network is for once working with producers to figure out a way to properly wrap up a series - rather than the scenario we've seen many times before when a season ends and only then is everyone told a series won't be coming back, without any closure for the characters or storyline.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/929/929731p1.html

:(

Blader

Based on this season, I'd definitely say it's time to end the show. But at least they're being given the chance to wrap everything up with a real series finale.

takotchi

As long as the show gets a proper end, including Gretchen getting a well-deserved slow and painful death like Wyatt... and they release Season 2 and 4 on Blu-ray, I'll be happy.

lil smoke

Banned
Ah they got carried away with it. The show is called "Prison Break". People like me, watched because of THAT. We quit once they got out of prison, and are suddenly fake cops n shit. That is not what I want. The show was good from WITHIN the Prison. The fights, the scheming, double crossing, etc was what made the show good.

adelante

dLMN8R said:
dammit, this season has been so entertaining. I love the "Ocean's 11" style each episode has.
That's what I've been telling my friends too! Each episode feels like a heist movie and despite me hating the fact that Prison Break has overstayed its welcome, there really isn't anything like it on TV right now...

This has been one of my favorite shows since I started watching around the middle of season 1. It's definitely at an end though, besides the obvious stuff of not being in prison or technically even on the run anymore and there's nothing left to do, there's a lot of odd stuff here.

- Little or no connection to some of the crazy events in the past with the women's President, Michael and Lincoln's dad, Veronica, the whole Presidential plot, the former Warden, etc. After being spotable people every place in America after season 2, all of the sudden they're free to do whatever they want in season 4.

- Like the Bellick episode, there's way too much love among these people who once were trying to kill each other. Mahone is like the jaded good guy now, like Michael and Lincoln all of a sudden forgot about him killing his dad in cold blood. Sucre having man love for Bellick and depressed about him passing is lame, remember when Bellick faked kidnapping Sucre's wife and supposedly had her somewhere where she would die if he didn't get Bellick out of prison.

Bellick was possibly the most hated guy in season one. Mahone was the most hated in season two. Gretchen in season 3, and all throughout the years T-Bag is the bgigest dick of them all - but they all work together and most seem to actually care now, like the past didn't happen?

It's one of my favorite shows, but I don't see what else is possible to do in this series. They were in prison, broke out, had a manhunt, went back in, in Panama, and are out again. A good example of a show that maybe originally was only meant to be scripted for a couple years, but is doubling its lifespan.

Costanza

Banned
Spider Silva said:
This has been one of my favorite shows since I started watching around the middle of season 1. It's definitely at an end though, besides the obvious stuff of not being in prison or technically even on the run anymore and there's nothing left to do, there's a lot of odd stuff here.

- Little or no connection to some of the crazy events in the past with the women's President, Michael and Lincoln's dad, Veronica, the whole Presidential plot, the former Warden, etc. After being spotable people every place in America after season 2, all of the sudden they're free to do whatever they want in season 4.
Well, they did acknowledge that the doctor recognized Michael in the last episode.

Costanza said:
Well, they did acknowledge that the doctor recognized Michael in the last episode.

True, but it really isn't much of an issue like in the past. Most of the Fox River events aren't even acknowledged, nor do I remember most of the point of framing Lincoln when the President's brother was still alive. Als, I thought Lincoln was exonerated at some point.

Fox318

The last time I watched this was the end of season 2. How was season 3? I'm not sure if I want to get reinvested back in this.

Costanza

Banned
Fox318 said:
The last time I watched this was the end of season 2. How was season 3? I'm not sure if I want to get reinvested back in this.
Season 3 had lots of ridiculous twists but it was enjoyable enough. Season 4 is just plain fun to watch. Every episode is like a mini-heist movie.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im fuckin glad the show is gonna end. I swear the suspense in PB is laughable. it's so corny that I can't take the show seriously like on monday when fernando wouldn't move his foot from the mine even though the chick turned it off. LOL. But daymn, them 20 sec.'s lasted a minute. Overly exaggerated suspense. Also, schofield's bro didn't even seem to give much of shit of what happened to fernando. Pretty shallow.:lol

Trevor360

Banned
ya its a pretty shallow show. This is the one example of a series that would have been better served by going the British route and being designed to only last 2 seasons.

Trevor360 said:
ya its a pretty shallow show. This is the one example of a series that would have been better served by going the British route and being designed to only last 2 seasons.
Well it was planned for only 12 or 13 episodes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Self's an idiot....

Nice ending, to bad they gave away the big reveal for next episode that Michael wanted to trip the alarm.

M3wThr33

Banned
DrForester said:
Self's an idiot....

Nice ending, to bad they gave away the big reveal for next episode that Michael wanted to trip the alarm.

Wasn't it obvious? He set off the weight alarm on purpose and just hung around there.

But holy shit. This is the episode it all built up for. God damn.

lil smoke said:
Ah they got carried away with it. The show is called "Prison Break". People like me, watched because of THAT. We quit once they got out of prison, and are suddenly fake cops n shit. That is not what I want. The show was good from WITHIN the Prison. The fights, the scheming, double crossing, etc was what made the show good.

It's definitely changed a HELL of a lot as a show. It feels less planned and thought out as the first season, but we'll never see something like that ever again. I feel the first season of the show is one of the best in the history of TV.

M3wThr33 said:
Wasn't it obvious? He set off the weight alarm on purpose and just hung around there.

But holy shit. This is the episode it all built up for. God damn.
The alarm went off when he touched it.

dLMN8R

Was I the only one extremely impressed with how they handled last week's episode? I thought in particular that the one entirely silent segment was one of the best-executed scenes in the whole run of the show.

This season has been really great IMO. Yeah, it's just as silly and contrived as ever, but damn if it isn't entertaining. If it really is the last season, hopefully it finishes as good as it's been.

M3wThr33 said:
Remember the whole 2 pounds thing? He set everything on those panels.
Wasn't that just for the floor outside the glass case? You could be right but they showed those flashy lights right after he touched it.

Costanza

Banned
dLMN8R said:
Was I the only one extremely impressed with how they handled last week's episode? I thought in particular that the one entirely silent segment was one of the best-executed scenes in the whole run of the show.
Completely agree.

Blader

I missed the first couple minutes, how did they get the drop on the general? At the end of the last episode he was going down into the Scylla room with a bunch of security guards.

Also: that Jack Bauer scene with Self might be the first time I have ever been impressed by the guy. :lol

Blader5489 said:
I missed the first couple minutes, how did they get the drop on the general? At the end of the last episode he was going down into the Scylla room with a bunch of security guards.

Also: that Jack Bauer scene with Self might be the first time I have ever been impressed by the guy. :lol

The rest of the gang was waiting on both sides of the elevator, out of the security camera's view.

And Jesus, this episode is fucking great so far.

agrajag

Banned
These double crossings are getting to the point of ridiculousness. Who am I kidding, they've been there for a looooooong time, but still. I don't understand why Self couldn't just be a decent guy. This feels so contrived.

womfalcs3

Banned
I knew something had to happen to extend the show.

EDIT: I was expecting Self to be killed and Scylla (sp?) would fall in the wrong hands though. I thought Self was going to be a stand-up guy.

agrajag

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
I thought it was gonna be the other guy. The guy who told Self he didn't think Self would get this far.

Nah, he didn't get enough screen time for anyone to care about him being evil.

koam

I loved the narrator's preview for next week (don't worry, this isn't a spoiler)

Narrator: "there will be so many twists and turns, you'll get dizzy"

Nameless

How has this season been? I missed the second and third episodes and never got back into watching this season because of it. I'll certainly catch up on DVD.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ugh, why did I read that DTV preview 45 minutes into the show. It basically gave away the ending. Still, it's pretty lame that the entire first half of this season was for naught.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
agrajag said:
I felt sad for the hot FBI agent chick. She was cool. D: Is it safe to assume Bagwell is done for as well?

Probably not, there's apparently a large portion of the fanbase that seem to still think the character is entertaining. Self will probably torture T-Bag till he gives him a buyer.

Great episode till that ending. Self going bad made no sense whatsoever

agrajag

Banned
DrForester said:
Probably not, there's apparently a large portion of the fanbase that seem to still think the character is entertaining. Self will probably torture T-Bag till he gives him a buyer.

Great episode till that ending. Self going bad made no sense whatsoever

That ending left a bad taste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom