• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

There's more than enough leaked footage to peg this game above or close to 3 hours in just 3 chapters worth of content.

At least lie with some believability.

viveks86

I spoke to the editor of a gaming magazine here in the US. He was a nice guy too. He said the reason they are taking so long to send out copies is because the game is secretly always-online and the servers have not been up all this while because Grace Chen was on vacation

ZOMG you guys!

Ricky_R

I spoke to the editor of a gaming magazine here in the US. He was a nice guy too. He said the reason they are taking so long to send out copies is because the game is secretly always-online and the servers have not been up all this while because Grace Chen was on vacation

ZOMG you guys!

Wait, so the game needs to be connected so it can gather info from each and every gamer online so they can introduce the findings into the game's plot?

ZOMG you guys!

Is it Games Disformer?

nib95

Banned
There's more than enough leaked footage to peg this game above or close to 3 hours in just 3 chapters worth of content.

At least lie with some believability.

I was going to say. Nearly 3 hours of footage has essentially leaked over the last week or so, and even then barely scratched the surface of the game in the number of chapters. They could at least put some effort in to this gaming equivalent of slander.

valkyre

You are correct about the clickbait thing, I was almost certain that it was shit, but even the smallest doubt, got the better of me. My bad.

viveks86

Wait, so the game needs to be connected so it can gather info from each and every gamer online so they can introduce the findings into the game's plot?

Next gen storytelling? Nah. More like every 5th triangle prompt is actually a purchase button for mustache DLC.

fantomena

Found this on Twitter.

B9uj1XQIYAEzWUe.jpg

Might be true, but Im insanely skeptical. Never seen a promo/review copy for a PS game being send out with cover and an embargo note like that.

This is how my review copies looks like, how it arrives. My Driveclub copy:

BzBepRqCYAAD3E8.jpg:large

ced

The embargo date is in the other thread folks, your all making issues out of nothing.

t1424350800z0.png

Edit: Beat like a dead fish.

Edit 2: Its 8 AM EST Thursday.

Edit 3: I recall I:SS had a similar embargo and that got pretty good reviews. For a game with no MP, this isn't bad.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
And first Resident Evil is less than 3 hours long. To be more precise, less then 2 hours.

There is even an OFFICIAL TROPHY to finish it under that time.

Imagine that.

That's an extremely disingenuous way to define a game's length.

When someone asks "how long is this game?" they want to know a typical completion time for a first playthrough. Not an expert speedrun.

nib95

Banned
That's an extremely disingenuous way to define a game's length.

When someone asks "how long is this game?" it is implicit in the question that they want to know a typical completion time for a first playthrough. Not an expert speedrun.

That's....

lqCax5O.gif

He was joking about how people are wrongfully using speed run times to gauge ordinary play time length. Well, in The Order 1886's case, they're not actually even using speed run times, they're just plain making them up lol.

Found this on Twitter.

B9uj1XQIYAEzWUe.jpg

Might be true, but Im insanely skeptical. Never seen a promo/review copy for a PS game being send out with cover and an embargo note like that.

This is how my review copies looks like, how it arrives. My Driveclub copy:

BzBepRqCYAAD3E8.jpg:large

That's different, having the embargo on the case like that. The global embargo is Feb. 19, anyways.

We receive physical retail copies with the barcodes cut out, and paperwork listing the embargo.

Anyone know if this game has planned story DLC? Or, do you think it will get any?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's....

lqCax5O.gif

He was joking about how people are wrongfully using speed run times to gauge ordinary play time length. Well, in The Order 1886's case, they're not actually even using speed run times, they're just plain making them up lol.

Yeah, it didn't read as a joke and the rumor has nothing to do with speedrunning, so you can imagine how I totally missed "the point" as you have interpreted it.

JayEH

So this game must be doing something right with its marketing since my dad apparently even knows about the game.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care about reviews or what anyone says about this game, I'll be at Best Buy next Friday morning at 10am EST to pick it up and I have the entire weekend to play the game and after watching the first chapter in it's entirety, im very much looking forward to it.

On a related side note -

Does anyone know why The Order: 1886 is releasing on a Friday instead of the Tuesday three days before in NA? Any chance it gets pushed up three days over the weekend?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't care about reviews or what anyone says about this game, I'll be at Best Buy next Friday morning at 10am EST to pick it up and I have the entire weekend to play the game and after watching the first chapter in it's entirety, im very much looking forward to it.

On a related side note -

Does anyone know why The Order: 1886 is releasing on a Friday instead of the Tuesday three days before in NA? Any chance it gets pushed up three days over the weekend?
No chance it changes. It's a Friday release so they could release it simultaneously worldwide.

ironmang

Didn't even realize this game was coming out in a week. Thought this was months away for some reason. Just got a rush of excitement lol.

viveks86

What would be the point of faking that?

Who knows. IGN has already confirmed early 19th and other journalists have confirmed to me as well. The only way that pic makes sense is if the reviewer was in eastern Australia. Even then the way the sticker is jutting out without any folding (and conveniently aligns with the bottom of the box) looks suspect.

Who knows. IGN has already confirmed early 19th and other journalists have confirmed to me as well. The only way that pic makes sense is if the reviewer was in eastern Australia. Even then the way the sticker is jutting out without any folding (and conveniently aligns with the bottom of the box) looks suspect.

I guess it could be from Australia

My documentation boldly states the 19th, though.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Haha The order threads are being hunted down, we have no where to go.

Yeah...

I'm sorry I didn't do a better job of explaining what makes this game so good.

It sucks we can't have a safe thread where we can discuss what's worrying people and clarify whatever without resulting to fights or spoilers.

ironcreed

Banned
I have a feeling that this game is going to get slammed, but I am still very much looking forward to it. What I have seen looks great.

so I guess its too much to ask for those of us who want to get hyped over the game, to have a thread without all the concern drivel and drive by sarcasm. Just two days ago I was really enjoying the gifs in the other thread (now closed)... Now you enter any Order thread and its overrun with garbage.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Here's what you can do to have an impressions thread. If someone who has the game would like to articulate in a well-written, non-garbage post their feelings about the game and is ready to discuss and defend those impressions, that person can create the thread.

There should not be a thread of someone calling for impressions without having played the game (because the last thread implied that negative impressions were not welcome), and there should not be a general all purpose hype thread.

Rapier, if that is to be you, you can do it. If you want.

Top Bottom