• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

schaft0620

so what are they going to do for the next month? im guessing
chopping out parts of the game to sell as the dlc pack?
maybe we might be able to get it early. hasnt that happened recently with some other first party sony games?

Its generally 2-3 months of going to gold, before marketing are printing the game. However, next gen has seem to shaved some time off of that.

schaft0620

As a Best Buy Gamers Unlocked member who also has $30 in credit for trading in HaloMCC and a $5 reward zone certificate I am perplexed as to why right now The Order 1866 is the only game I cannot currently pre-order on the Best Buy website and choose In Store pickup. The only option is to have it shipped. Is this the same for everyone else?

I went to my local store they said the collectors edition was sold out then the girl was like wait a second is sold out online but not in the system. Was able to get CE with GCU. I would but I was told that rewards cannot be applied to pre orders which is not true because I have done that before but that particular girl that know how to do it. everytime I go there I have a completely different experience thank God they have the GCU.

BeeDog

Preordered this game now. While I'm not completely sold, at least it will be a technical and visual feast which I usually have a fondness for. Let's hope it's surprisingly playable as well.

schaft0620

there is no DLC for the game right? because I'm buying a different region copy than my main psn id

it looks like there two costumes you get if you pre order at that they are calling DLC. if the game does really well I wouldn't be surprised if there was some DLC. ready at dawn it is already starting rumors about a sequel.

Elfstruck

so what are they going to do for the next month? im guessing
chopping out parts of the game to sell as the dlc pack?
maybe we might be able to get it early. hasnt that happened recently with some other first party sony games?

Since when did Activision become part of Sony?

despire

This is the sad reality now. I remember when games used to be SP only and we paid full price, enjoyed them and no one questioned. But now every game needs to have MP or co-op or horde mode to justify the $60 tag. If the game gives you enjoyment and is reasonable length (not 4-8 hours but 10-15+ hours), then it should not be dinged. But this game will be dinged for not having any MP by the critics and gamers alike.

Good luck to RAD, they will need it. Its gonna be brutal :)

True words. Can't understand the bitching about every game needing to have MP and million other modes. Give me a good SP anyday instead of SP and some crappy MP shoehorned in.

So Pessino confirmed is best to play at hard difficulty
Ar U going this way GAFfers?

May as well. I tend to play cinematic single player games that way as it extends the playtime of my initial playthrough. If I'm only going to potentially play something once it may as well be a challenge.

HMD

True words. Can't understand the bitching about every game needing to have MP and million other modes. Give me a good SP anyday instead of SP and some crappy MP shoehorned in.

But the PS4 is lacking in quality TPS multiplayers, aside from my beloeved TLOU factions, there is almost nothing remarkable.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Looking forward to this... now if I only had time to play video games...

So why are people so excited for this game (honest question). Graphics looks incredible but from all the gameplay I've seen it looks nothing special, I just read some previews and I'm still not seeing it.

Some Nobody

Gold? And the game isn't due out for like another four weeks or so? Man, push that release date up a week, lmao.
(I'm aware if they could they would, and Sony probably has other plans in mind.)

daammyy

So why are people so excited for this game (honest question). Graphics looks incredible but from all the gameplay I've seen it looks nothing special, I just read some previews and I'm still not seeing it.

Same here, i don't get it. Looks like a Gears of Wars type game with different aesthetic.
Someone enlighten me!

Personally for me I think the gameplay looks solid, nothing great, but good enough. What makes me excited is the setting, the atmosphere, the weapons, and the potential of the Lycan encounters in the game.

Outside of the amazing visuals:

1. The developer. Ready at Dawn made 2 fantastic God of War games on PSP and people are excited to see what they can do with an original IP and the power of PS4.

2. The setting and atmosphere of an alternate history Victorian London, a premise that is not very common and largely unexplored in games today.

3. The cool weapons and gadgets, and the Lycans / potential horror element that the promos have hinted at.

I mean I can't speak for everyone but I imagine those are what have people most hyped.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Gaffers who've played it at PSX had pretty positive impressions about the gameplay feeling good.

marcincz

Same here, i don't get it. Looks like a Gears of Wars type game with different aesthetic.
Someone enlighten me!
So guys tell me. What do you want and expect new in TPS games? I asked seriously, because I don't understand all this hate on new RaD game. Gameplay looks solid, graphics is amazing, setting is steampunk. So what's more?
Maybe 4 strongmen like GoW?
More zombie not werewolfs?
Pure sex in the game?
More Qts / less qts?

I am just curious.

Awntawn

For me personally, I love third person shooters like Gears of War. This one seems to be a solid one with top notch production values and a strong focus on the narrative and performances, which is a big plus for me. There also seems to be a lot that has been hinted at but not shown that have potential to be pleasant surprises (melee, shooting combat abilities, etc).

Also, the core concept itself is just fucking awesome. The Knights of the Round Table in the Victorian era fighting werewolves with futuristic weapons? Yes, please!

daammyy

So guys tell me. What do you want and expect new in TPS games? I asked seriously, because I don't understand all this hate on new RaD game. Gameplay looks solid, graphics is amazing, setting is steampunk. So what's more?
Pure sex in the game?
More Qts / less qts?

I am just curious.

What hate? I'm just asking because i didn't see it, but there's a GAFer above that made a list which made me see why people would be excited.

Pure sex in the game?
More Qts / less qts?

I am just curious.

Why no rocket slide slowmo from Vanquish or energy mechanic from RE6 or crossbolt/matches from Psychobreak?

martino

I will be shocked at every outlet that doesn't give The Order the best graphics award in 2015.

let's wait to see what pc multiplat and/or exclusive will deliver this year on high end ....
But yes, mass ignorance will probably choose a well marketed console title even if you can find better on high end pc.

yurinka

Andrea Pessino is Kratos. Beware troll gaming journalists, if your The Order review is under 80 he will visit you with his blades! He's training now making suplex to grizzly bears!

if this doesn't pique your interest at all:

vbRAnq.gif

then it's just not the style of game for you. i don't expect every game i play to have some incredible innovative gameplay mechanic. sometimes i just want to play a game with a good atmosphere and a decent enough story/setting that i want to see it through to the end (take The Last of Us, for instance).

i expect this game to be pretty awesome based on the previews i've seen. a setting relevant to my interests, cover style 3rd person shooter, somewhat of a horror vibe and a unique artstyle. take my $60

Outside of the amazing visuals:

1. The developer. Ready at Dawn made 2 fantastic God of War games on PSP and people are excited to see what they can do with an original IP and the power of PS4.

2. The setting and atmosphere of an alternate history Victorian London, a premise that is not very common and largely unexplored in games today.

3. The cool weapons and gadgets, and the Lycans / potential horror element that the promos have hinted at.

I mean I can't speak for everyone but I imagine those are what have people most hyped.

Thanks, I never played those games. The visual aesthetic is cool it's just the gameplay kinda of makes me sigh, I guess I've just played too many third person shooters and I'm kind of burned out. I'll wait for reviews and GAF impressions to decide whether I'll give it a shot.

Top Bottom