• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 New Previews, More

inT5NcdZ6yh1.gif

Bloodrage

Banned
Did we get any confirmation about screen tearing actually present in the game when they showed it to the press two weeks back or is it the problem with gametrailers video player and youtube?

bteSJVc.png
There we go.

I'm beginning to think the game looks so good video streams can't handle it.

Ambition

Fuck me this game looks amazing! Only thing that bothers me is the NPC's body reaction to getting shot, if only it were more like Max Payne 3.

Vire

If it was a problem with the Gametrailers video, you would see screen tearing in the interview portion as well as the gameplay.

The game has screen tearing in this build, but that's not to say it can't be remedied.

Bloodrage

Banned
If it was a problem with the Gametrailers video, you would see screen tearing in the interview portion as well as the gameplay.

The game has screen tearing in this build, but that's not to say it can't be remedied.
Who to believe, the developer, or you...

The interview portions are the only "direct feeds" in that video. The rest (all footage of The Order) is video within video. Horrible compression and streaming issues are bound to show up, and they're pretty evident in this vid.

I'll side with Andrea.

camac002

Things that don't impress me:

1) Screen tearing. LOTS and LOTS of it. I'm usually not sensitive to tearing, but this really needs attention

I think the frame rate may have been unlocked for this demo which would explain some tearing, because the frame rate was smoooth on the GT video. Either that, or that have some movie quality object motion blur doing the business. Love it.

Most Sony exclusives have ended up being top notch on the v-sync and no tearing.

The graphics look fantastic. But I'm still eagerly waiting to see other parts of the game other than the same White Chapel area. Show us something other than shooting at E3.

I'm waiting to see if they were able to pull this off, with bustling NPC's.

The_Order_1886_Concept_Art_01-680x361.jpg

The_Order_1886_Concept_Art_03-680x486.jpg

And allow us to explore this, and hopefully interact with the NPC's as well. Give this game another layer other than just a shooter.

I also hope for a bit of Resident Evil style puzzle solving. I'm getting kind of a whole Eternal Darkness vibe from the whole thing with the storyline. This could be the ultimate game if they do this right.

Ran Ran

Man this game looks incredible. This might be my most hyped game for this gen so far.

Ready at Dawn nailed the look and setting.

DieH@rd

Banned
Spirits Within has been my measuring stick since the PS2 days.

We're finally there? Are you telling me that we are finally there? *eyes welling up*

:) Yup. Next up, surpassing the Advent Children Complete...
final_fantasy_vii___advent_children_complete_by_ex_legendary-d5jx7l5.jpg

ffac8_6.png

,,,which still looks very flat, very clean materials and lightning, but with metric shitton of high quality actors, npcs and objects.... Order 1886 is dark, gritty, gloomy and dirty. Still, I expect awesome games from Square in this generation. They managed to render Agni realtime on PS4 on E3 2013. I'm not expecting that level of detail from FF15 because it has such troubled development though...

original_j.jpg

Rurunaki

ffac8_6.png

,,,which still looks very flat, very clean materials and lightning, but with metric shitton of high quality actors, npcs and objects.... Order 1886 is dark, gritty, gloomu and dirty. Still, I expect awesome games from Square in this generation. They managed to render Agni realtime on PS4 on E3 2013. I'm not expecting that level of detail from FF15 because it has such troubled development though...

original_j.jpg

What FF7 Remastered could be :'(

ffac8_6.png

,,,which still looks very flat, very clean materials and lightning, but with metric shitton of high quality actors, npcs and objects.... Order 1886 is dark, gritty, gloomu and dirty. Still, I expect awesome games from Square in this generation. They managed to render Agni realtime on PS4 on E3 2013. I'm not expecting that level of detail from FF15 because it has such troubled development though...

original_j.jpg

God damn. Hope we can reach that kind of detail and draw distance. I actually think Starcraft 2 CGI is even better than this, and probably can't be reached til the next gen.

chrome-2013-01-22-17-18-03-07-635x268.jpg

chrome-2013-01-22-17-19-40-08-635x276.jpg

chrome-2013-01-22-17-19-11-02-635x270.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned
God damn. Hope we can reach that kind of detail and draw distance. I actually think Starcraft 2 CGI is even better than this, and probably can't be reached til the next gen.

chrome-2013-01-22-17-18-03-07-635x268.jpg

chrome-2013-01-22-17-19-40-08-635x276.jpg

Things that are done in modern trailers... those things are still untouchable by PS4 hardware. But will reduction of complexity of the gameworld, less characters on screen, lots of "faking" of complicated effects [global illumination]... and results can come close.

Let's wait to see how Uncharted 4/God of War 4 looks before starting to think what is possible [GoW4 especially since it uses fixed camera] :)

viveks86

Did we get any confirmation about screen tearing actually present in the game when they showed it to the press two weeks back or is it the problem with gametrailers video player and youtube?

It's definitely not the player. We have seen it in the twitch stream as well as the HQ downloaded video. May be it's the encoding. If it's not in the game, then there is nothing to worry about. But they need to pay more attention to the media released, in that case. It detracts from the otherwise incredible visuals.

It's definitely not the player. We have seen it in the twitch stream as well as the HQ downloaded video. May be it's the encoding. If it's not in the game, then there is nothing to worry about. But they need to pay more attention to the media released, in that case. It detracts from the otherwise incredible visuals.

True, can't wait for that epic showing of Order1886 at E3.

dr guildo

The graphics look fantastic. But I'm still eagerly waiting to see other parts of the game other than the same White Chapel area. Show us something other than shooting at E3.

I'm waiting to see if they were able to pull this off, with bustling NPC's.

The_Order_1886_Concept_Art_01-680x361.jpg

The_Order_1886_Concept_Art_03-680x486.jpg

And allow us to explore this, and hopefully interact with the NPC's as well. Give this game another layer other than just a shooter.

I also hope for a bit of Resident Evil style puzzle solving. I'm getting kind of a whole Eternal Darkness vibe from the whole thing with the storyline. This could be the ultimate game if they do this right.

Hmm, Unfortunately, I only see IO Interactive's Glacier 2 to handle such a crowded place with amazing details on NPC... Hitman Absolution was the most impressive game for the crowd management. Incredible ! Not sure if Rad engine could do the same or better...
Can't wait to see what IO could do more with such an engine in that department...

"My modern CGI benchmark" that needs to be achieved realtime on consoles is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Tkgpt_pmg

:) We're still not there yet. But thankfully, Order shows us that we are not that far away.

God of War 4 is probably the closest any game will get to that level of detail.

Speaking of, I literally cannot wait to see how eye meltingly gorgeous GoW4 is going to look. GoW3 was easily one of the best looking games last gen and I still consider it to be pretty bloody stunning.

What wonders will SSM achieve with much more powerful tech.

Hmm, Unfortunately, I only see IO Interactive's Glacier 2 to handle such a crowded place with amazing details on NPC... Hitman Absolution was the most impressive game for the crowd management. Incredible ! Not sure if Rad engine could do the same or better...
Can't wait to see what IO could do more with such an engine in that department...

You are absolutely right. Hitman Absolution has the most amazing crowds I've seen in a game. Densely populated streets full of pedestrians. It's amazing. I don't expect something like that from The Order, but maybe it can do something similar. Just make the world come alive. Nothing makes a game come alive more for me than NPC's.

Jigolo

looks fantastic but ugh I hate cuts of video like that. Just release the B-roll, Sony. I don't care if it's on youtube, I just want to see the game played in continuation rather then different bit and pieces in an interview video

I don't know if it's premature but this game looks better than anything released so far, on consoles and PC.
While I agree, comments like these are just BEGGING for thread shitting by certain, very vocal PC people. I would just stick to saying best looking game on consoles or at the very least best looking game to avoid that eventuality (inevitability?).

looks fantastic but ugh I hate cuts of video like that. Just release the B-roll, Sony. I don't care if it's on youtube, I just want to see the game played in continuation rather then different bit and pieces in an interview video

Agreed. This has been one of the most annoying games with it's b-roll footage. Every time the game is about to show some slow exploration stuff, it cuts away to more shooting immediately. I feel like they are selling their game short.

Amir0x

Banned
The demo doesn't seem to highlight any of the destruction aspects either.

I hope they weren't throwing hot air about that shit, or had to change it now.

Rembrandt

Banned
These previews got me excited. Hopefully we see more gameplay at E3. The Gears comparisons are cool, but eurogamer's comment about the guns/shooting not feeling weighty concerned me. Seems like it would be perfect for this game, but the delay will definitely be worth it.

The demo doesn't seem to highlight any of the destruction aspects either.

I hope they weren't throwing hot air about that shit, or had to change it now.

I think they may have said too much; I really doubt every metal beam in the game will bend realistically because that seems like something the previews would have noticed or RAD would have pointed it out.

Top Bottom