• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The original Power Rangers will be coming to the US for the first time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At least Sentai DVDs finally coming out will lessen the blow of the lazy editing in Super Megaforce.
... Oh who am I kidding, that shit is going to haunt the season forever.

Super Megaforce is based on Gokaiger, the season with the Pirate Rangers that can transform into all the past ones. Obviously, they were kind of limited in their stock footage since they could only use 19 or so of the teams. This did not stop them from introducing Dairanger, Maskman, and Flashman outfits out of nowhere.
Oh and they never reference that they're pirates. Despite having a ton of pirate motifs. It's really distracting.

What ? Why the color changes ?

Read above.

WillyFive

What ? Why the color changes ?

That's from Gokaiger, which is the 35th Anniversary season. It's story involved all the original Rangers losing to a massive alien invasion and losing their powers in the process. These powers were later found by a team of pirates who took it to themselves to defeat the alien army. So it's a show about a team of pirates with bootleg copies of older powers kicking butt. It's a great show.

This show is currently being adapted into Power Rangers Super Megaforce, which is currently airing on Nickelodeon. But it's not very good at all.

Platy

No .. i mean ... what they win turning into white that they didn't had turned into pink ?

Why not a full Flashman team instead of just the pink flashman ? =P

Useless trivia : Flashman is awesome

BatDan

No .. i mean ... what they win turning into white that they didn't had turned into pink ?

Why not a full Flashman team instead of just the pink flashman ? =P

Useless trivia : Flashman is awesome

Doing a one-color morph is cooler than a basic team morph
They did it with Red once before (as they did again in the clip). They also did it with Silver, Blue, Green, and Yellow in the show proper.

sn00zer

So close
tumblr_mmmeouWBSU1rzjcbzo1_500.jpg

Holy shit... in a sentai parody show they meet the american rangers?...Clip?

Mr-Joker

Banned
I was in Jr high when MMPR hit big, so I never got into them but my cousin would watch religiously then become bag shit insane after punching and kicking shit. I know the show see archive footage for the fights, so was that new footage when they teamed up and met with tmnt?

BatDan

I was in Jr high when MMPR hit big, so I never got into them but my cousin would watch religiously then become bag shit insane after punching and kicking shit. I know the show see archive footage for the fights, so was that new footage when they teamed up and met with tmnt?

New footage is when the American/New Zealand actors show up.
The TMNT crossover was new footage too.

Bravocado

It was this, Tiny Toon Adventures, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, and DuckTales after school. The true golden age of afterschool television.

edit: oh shit, and ANIMANIACS.

Ohhh maaann, nostalgia overload. I loves all these shows so much, especially MMPR. Big ups to Batman, Gargoyles and X-men too. Good times.

The Boat

I'm pretty sure we got one of these Sentai shows here in Portugal before Power Rangers came out, I distinctly remember watching a Japanese Sentai show, with dubs of course.

I think my childhood brain initially interpreted the massive disconnect between the action scenes and normal teenager scenes as a product of needing stunt doubles to fight instead of the actors.i can't remember how old i was when i learned all the fantastical shit wasstolen from Japanese show.

WarRock

All the costumes from every series are bad. Even in high fantasy, you can't justify going into a fight wearing a morph suit and bicycle helmet. They are all bad.

tumblr_n4ctiqlrjz1s9o2o3o1_500.gif

tumblr_n4ctiqlrjz1s9o2o3o2_500.gif

tumblr_n4ctiqlrjz1s9o2o3o3_500.gif

A question. In almost every sentai series the heroes spend a lot of time in those transformations. Why villains never took the opportunity to attack them? I mean, those monsters could easily kill all the Power rangers with a simple gun.

Someone post that Gaim gif.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Interesting to note that these two series (Sun Vulcan and Bioman) were almost the first Power Rangers.
Stan Lee (yes, that one) had shown interest in bringing over Sun Vulcan waaay back in the 80s. Nothing came of it of course...
Then, Haim Saban wanted to bring over Bioman, even making a pilot. That didn't work either. Somewhere deep in a vault is that Bioman pilot.

Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but Saban wanted Power Rangers to start with this series, Jetman. But they chose to do Zyuranger because dinosaurs.
those jetman costumes look pretty sweet, especially considering the time period ontop of japan

massoluk

Banned
The original Japanese Power Rangers paled in comparison to Jetman, the one that came just before it. Shoulda release that one.

I mean the final episode shows the rangers ascended to the heaven on a fake-as-fuck cloud.

jwk94

They really should bring Kyoryuger instead. Heck, bring them all.

I see two things happening:

1. They remove the dancing

2. They keep the dancing, but remove the reason for the dancing

Either way, we lose.
there was a reason for the dancing?

I hate the new power rangers series because ever since Saban took it back the acting is god awful. RPM was the last season I watched fully and it was a great Season for Disneys last run.

WillyFive

there was a reason for the dancing?

Yeah, the show and story was all about music; it's how the characters get their powers and save the world. To morph, the characters need to bond with their dinosaur partners, and they do that by dancing. The Megazord also combines the same way, with the dinosaurs "dancing" together to combine. Even when Red gets his super mode, he is always moving like he's dancing any time he uses it.

My favorite will always be Juken Sentai Gekiranger

Yeah, Geki is one of the all time greats!

DBT85

Ahh I remember MMPR on GMTV (UK) in the mornings before school, right after the hot lady did the weather.

Toki767

This is the series I've wanted to see more of. I've only seen the first 10 episodes of the GUIS sub.

I still remember watching Bioman when I was a kid. I was living in the Philippines and some company dubbed it into English. That dub was pretty bad looking at it now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom