• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Preordered vita!

Got a 4gb card, in-ear earphones, some Home loot, 5 euro discount on Escape Plan with my preorder plus since getting the 3g version i'll get wipeout 2048 for free. Not bad :p

Edit: forgot about frobisher says! although it's not clear if it's exclusive access or free download...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hmm, can't select release-date delivery for Hot Shots. Can for Uncharted. Hmmmmm...

that weird I see the option.
vitu1ma0w.jpg

Reclaimer

Someone solve this strange mystery!

Not all image viewers (including web browsers) respect color profiles embedded in images when they display them. Further, not all images retain their embedded color profile when you save them, depending on the program used to save some strip out the profile. This is assuming the original authored imaged had a color profile to begin with. It's shitty.

This must be a firmware change, because I've never deleted anything after an install and I don't have any bubbles still there.

Yea, Last firmware changed things since you can't copy the installed file from you PS3 to the Vita so you have to use the installer on there hence the bubbles.

I'm using this. Won't post the picture for the 5th time because I don't want to be accused of boasting with my SNES, but belive me, it's good.

ive got this case and it sucks. It really feels like the unit can drop out at any time. And it sucks to unclip it from the inside.

BTW the Dpad takes a LOT of getting used to due to the placement of the left analogue stick. Every time you hit down on the dpad you hit the analogue stick. it sucks for doing the dragon punch motion on UMVC3

Just tried out the Vita at my Gamestop. Here are my impressions:
Gravity Rush: Brilliant. Gorgeous art style, inventive mechanics. Borderline system seller for me.
Uncharted: Looks incredible, plays like you'd expect it to play. I'm not sure if the demo unit was broken or what, but it took me around a dozen tries before it finally accepted my input for swiping the screen to cut down the door. Don't think it's worth $50, but if I get a Vita I'd probably buy it for $40.
Wipeout: The handling felt way too floaty and the poor framerate ruined the experience for me. Pass.
Modnation Racers: Meh.
Virtua Tennis: Seems to play fine, but not the type of game I'm into.
Fifa: Didn't bother trying.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ive got this case and it sucks. It really feels like the unit can drop out at any time. And it sucks to unclip it from the inside.

I don't think it sucks, but I'm not that happy with it. Clipping and unclipping is a pain, and it just isn't that securely in there.

I ordered the VIP case from amazon and hopefully that'll be a better option

I'm glad that that player doesn't appear to mind playing racing games with ghetto framerates, but different people have different standards. Since the start of the Dreamcast era, every single racing game I've enjoyed and put serious time into has run at 60 fps, and I'm not about to lower my standards for this game.

Fair enough. You're missing out on a lot of good games though but it's to each his own.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Gravity Rush was definitely a good game to play when I tried it at GS.

I always admired it but finally playing assured me that it will likely be the best thing on the system for a while.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: I was very impressed with the Vita's ergonomics. It was a lot slimmer and lighter than I was expecting. A huge improvement over the original (Phat) PSP model. Don't know how it compares to the later PSP models, though.
Fair enough. You're missing out on a lot of good games though but it's to each his own.
No I'm not, by my standards a racing game needs to run at 60 fps in order to be considered good.
Have you ever played Wipeout before? And the 30fps seriously isn't a deal-breaker, past Wipeouts have been perfectly playable at 30fps.

Yeah, and I've never found them to be THIS floaty. I've always played them with the dpad, though. I forgot to check whether 2049 can be controlled by the dpad. I think it also supports gyro controls, which should help, but they weren't enabled for the demo.

PS Pure and Pulse ran at 60 fps on PSP when you overclocked it to 333 MHz, at least during single-car events.

x3sphere

Tried the demo a few days ago and I'm really disappointed Wipeout 2048 is not 60fps. I would've preferred them to sacrifice visuals instead.

The sense of speed is lost on me at 30fps, just doesn't feel right...

I fucking loved Wipeout HD, but that was 60fps. Never played any prior to that. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I am framerate sensitive. Still find 30fps is fine with most games, but not having 60 on racing titles it seems is something I can't budge on.

I don't think it sucks, but I'm not that happy with it. Clipping and unclipping is a pain, and it just isn't that securely in there.

I ordered the VIP case from amazon and hopefully that'll be a better option

agree with your points - but those are the reason i think it sucks. if prefer a hardshell pouch with a nice foam insert. this case does NOT feel like it would last in a bag or anything. I got it free tho so i guess ill stick with it for a while.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amazon. No sales tax ROCKS!

Edit: Sales tax savings for just my Vita orders is $33.60. Maybe I will buy Lumines.

I believe you mean "illegally evading sales tax," as you're legally required to report internet purchases on your tax returns, no matter what state you live in.

States are starting to crack down on this as it is a form of tax evasion.

Does anyone have any details on using your smart phone as a hotspot? Did SONY do anything to prevent this in order to push 3G models? Or is everything peachy.

spectyre

I believe you mean "illegally evading sales tax," as you're legally required to report internet purchases on your tax returns, no matter what state you live in.

Who says I won't report it on my tax returns next year?

reminder

°°ToMmY°°;34856932 said:
Preordered vita!

Got a 4gb card, in-ear earphones, some Home loot, 5 euro discount on Escape Plan with my preorder plus since getting the 3g version i'll get wipeout 2048 for free. Not bad :p

Edit: forgot about frobisher says! although it's not clear if it's exclusive access or free download...

You mean 8GB (Amazon.de deal, right) ;)
Yeah, i'm confused about Frobisher Says, too. It said exclusive early access but when i redeemed my code it said free download. I hope it's indeed free :D

Does anyone have any details on using your smart phone as a hotspot? Did SONY do anything to prevent this in order to push 3G models? Or is everything peachy.

It worked fine for me when I was in Vegas last week. The connection wasn't good enough to Remote Play or play WipEout online, of course, but I was able to use Near and such just fine.
I have a 3G model, though.. but Mobile Network is disabled so I don't think that's a factor. It's basically a Wi-Fi unit at this time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who says I won't report it on my tax returns next year?

Well, when you state, "NO SALES TAX ROCKS," one can only assume that you're not intending to pay sales tax, as you're technically going to pay it no matter what if you report it.

LOL - I'll be remitting the taxable amount when I file my taxes. Don't worry.

You know what? Anyone can be arrested at any time due to the tax code we have.

yurinka

I thought the framerate was meant to be locked at 30fps?
In the final game yes, in the demo no. That's an improvement over PSP Wipeout games.
Yeah, and I've never found them to be THIS floaty. I've always played them with the dpad, though. I forgot to check whether 2049 can be controlled by the dpad. I think it also supports gyro controls, which should help, but they weren't enabled for the demo.

PS Pure and Pulse ran at 60 fps on PSP when you overclocked it to 333 MHz, at least during single-car events.
Both the demo have several control schemes. You can play with gyro or the pad. There are also variations for the button layouts.

Overclocking it improved the FPS, but didn't reached 60 fps, and weren't stable.

Tried the demo a few days ago and I'm really disappointed Wipeout 2048 is not 60fps. I would've preferred them to sacrifice visuals instead.

The sense of speed is lost on me at 30fps, just doesn't feel right...

I fucking loved Wipeout HD, but that was 60fps. Never played any prior to that. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I am framerate sensitive. Still find 30fps is fine with most games, but not having 60 on racing titles it seems is something I can't budge on.
As I heard, the final game has a better framerate and is locked. In the demo the fps are too unstable.
If the final game has stable, locked 30fps you won't have problems. PS1 or PSP Wipeout games weren't 60fps games and it wasn't an issue for the fans.

spectyre

Well, when you state, "NO SALES TAX ROCKS," one can only assume that you're not intending to pay sales tax, as you're technically going to pay it no matter what if you report it.

Okay, you got me. I really don't see me voluntarily paying taxes especially if there is a quick and easy way out.

Piggus

Wat. My state doesn't even have sales tax so why would I need to do this?

Plinko

Wat. My state doesn't even have sales tax so why would I need to do this?

Then you're ok and one of the very few people who don't have to deal with this problem.

Plinko

Has Wipeout been reviewed anywhere yet? I'm curious about the length of the game.

Top Bottom