• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rental 1886 is bad.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The Order like Zelda: Breath of the Wid has many great points but also these things.

-The Order case: Worst game ever!
-Zelda case: Hey, it's Nintendo instead of RaD/Sony! 10/10! GOTY! Best game ever!

Heh. Check my post history. I'm rather cool to BotW personally.

roxya

I played it recently thanks to the EU PSN sale.

I'm a sucker for a dark Victorian setting so just being in this game was wonderful. Beautiful execution. One thing that really surprised me was the quality of animation in cutscenes. Many games fail to add weight and cannot handle sharp movements in a natural way. Not here.

But it felt like they don't really know how to do gameplay well. Like, near the start when you have 0.2 seconds to shoot the lycan with the lightning gun, or it kills someone and you "fail" the mission. Why is that fun? It's not.

Then you have the actual fights against lycans, both the elder and normal ones. Both stupid, both feel far too contrived to be fun.

It was worth playing, especially at the price, and I'd definitely be interested in seeing a more fleshed out sequel.

Top Bottom