• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The role of Abby has officially been cast for The Last of Us Season 2

Noxxera

I don't know the actress, but I'm surprised by the choice, considering she's beautiful and videogame Abby well...is horrible looking.
They're obviously doing a switcheroo with ellie and abby. Ellie = ugly, Abby = cute in the series compared to the games where it's reversed. And casting that actress ND sends a message it's aware of the fancasts and wanna cater to fans since Bella haven't gone over too well.

Being offtopic: I can bet it's not gonna be the abby from the games. The gym rat one. She's not gonna be swole so get those ideas out right now. But I'm sure the club smash scene will still exist tho but changed somehow. If she does indeed end up being swole I'll happily be surprised about it.

Last edited:

midnightAI

They're obviously doing a switcheroo with ellie and abby. Ellie = ugly, Abby = cute in the series compared to the games where it's reversed. And casting that actress ND sends a message it's aware of the fancasts and wanna cater to fans since Bella haven't gone over too well.

Being offtopic: I can bet it's not gonna be the abby from the games. The gym rat one. She's not gonna be swole so get those ideas out right now. But I'm sure the club smash scene will still exist tho but changed somehow. If she does indeed end up being swole I'll happily be surprised about it.
According to who? she is doing a great job as Ellie. Sure you get some who say she doesn't loo like Ellie therefore bad (I dont think there are too many out there who think like that though), but an actors main job is to act.

Have you not actually thought that they have cast Kaityln because they think she can play the role well and it has absolutely nothing to do with looks? (they'll make her look post-apocalyptic anyway, she wont be wearing make-up and be wearing pretty dresses (except maybe flashback scenes))

Noxxera

According to who? she is doing a great job as Ellie. Sure you get some who say she doesn't loo like Ellie therefore bad (I dont think there are too many out there who think like that though), but an actors main job is to act.

Have you not actually thought that they have cast Kaityln because they think she can play the role well and it has absolutely nothing to do with looks? (they'll make her look post-apocalyptic anyway, she wont be wearing make-up and be wearing pretty dresses (except maybe flashback scenes))
Mate I'm just speculating lol. It's not like what I say is facts or I have knowledge about why they cast like they did.

And Ellie some ppl on my X feed definitely doesn't dig her. But personally I dont mind her and dont really get hung up on it.

Always the same people wanting shows to cast carbon copies of the game characters. Doesn't work like that and doesn't really need to. They just need to be good actors.

They ended up doing what they did with Joel and cast someone closer to the original concept art:
vfylgCa.jpeg

The idea was someone similar to Ellie but older...they are probably keeping up with that idea for the show. Abby won't have that huge figure for sure. This actress may be more toned but come on...her body structure won't change to the point she will look like a different person.

This was Joel's concept art as well...this IS Pedro Pascal:

DwleLakV4AARwSP.jpg

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I'm still in the opinion HBO has to make the hard blow to Joel in the very first episode or the very least the second. Thye're cowards otherwise. With Druckman being involved though I'm hoping that's the case.

This 100%

IMO, the show loses all credibility if it doesn't happen. If it was such a great thing, and made the LOU2 such a memorable experience, then own that shit and do it right away in the tv show too. Put your 9 iron where your mouth is Cuckman.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Short, petite Abby ain't it. Shannon Berry was right there bro, smh.

They weren't even unrealistic when you take into account that massive gym and all the food that was there to help her get that big.
Abby's having muscles isn't unrealistic, but her frame is. She looks like Hulk Hogan compared to guys like Owen or Jordan; guys who had the same resources that she did.

Her character model's torso is literally that of a man's.

So just a reskinned Ellie? No thanks. Too bad it's looking like that's exactly what the show is gonna do but at least they gave us something different for the game.
I'm not saying she needs to be like Ellie. She can still have muscle, but getting huge like that isn't even useful in the apocalypse for dudes.

Her being taller than Ellie is pretty essential though.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Short, petite Abby ain't it. Shannon Berry was right there bro, smh.

They weren't even unrealistic when you take into account that massive gym and all the food that was there to help her get that big.

So just a reskinned Ellie? No thanks. Too bad it's looking like that's exactly what the show is gonna do but at least they gave us something different for the game.
I had to google image who Shannon Berry is and she would had worked perfect. She's bigger and thicker and can put on a mean face. One pick is her looking pretty butchy hold a a tree branch or something and that look could totally work for the TV show. A juiced up Abby isnt needed. But the stereotypical mean butchy bossy girl would work.

I hope she get's jacked as shit for the role. It would be awesome.

That said, girl definitely shouldn't kill herself trying to bulk up for that role in a short time, I hope they just made some sensible character changes for even the sake of the actress.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Time to start those steroids honey ... or do like Abby and work out every day in the best gyn avaible, eat right and take all those natural supplements avaible in the post apocalyptic world.

xrnzaaas

Having read through this entire thread so far, some of you need to learn that casting roles doesnt depend entirely on how much you want to fuck them. Incel shit, for real.
Tell that to Druckmann who made Abby's sex scene in TLoU2 only to fulfill his sick fantasies. ;)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If you saw Kaitlyn in Justified, you'd have known she was literally perfect for Ellie. Loretta practically *is* the same person just in a different time and place.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just make the death of Joel the ending for S2, i want them to split the TLOU2 game into 2 parts, the show is so good we need it to be extended, the first game shouldve been over 2 seasons imo as well, the entire cast is perfect no matter what the hallions say. Im currently replaying TLOU Part 2 and Bella Ramsay is fantastic as Ellie, absolutely nailed the char, same with Pedro

Hope the plan is still to split Part 2 into multiple seasons. 10 episodes simply won't be enough to adapt it.

Obviously they said that's their plan but there's been no confirmation if HBO played that idea

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

‘Last of Us’ Season 2 Casts Danny Ramirez, Tati Gabrielle, Ariela Barer, Spencer Lord:

Ramirez will play Manny, described as “a loyal soldier whose sunny outlook belies the pain of old wounds and a fear that he will fail his friends when they need him most.” Barer will play Mel, said to be “a young doctor whose commitment to saving lives is challenged by the realities of war and tribalism.”

Gabrielle has been cast as Nora, “a military medic struggling to come to terms with the sins of her past.” And Lord will appear as Owen, “a gentle soul trapped in a warrior’s body, condemned to fight an enemy he refuses to hate.”

Last edited:

Pelta88

I don't think the TV audience is ready for what's going to happen to Pedro's skull.

It's going to be interesting to see the reactions...

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
‘Last of Us’ Season 2 Casts Danny Ramirez, Tati Gabrielle, Ariela Barer, Spencer Lord:

This sounds good. A lot of my issues with Abby's crew came largely from the fact that they're all portrayed as unlikable psychopaths who routinely make terrible, selfish decisions. Halfway point is worse, because the redeeming qualities displayed are like....watching anime and liking burritos.

Having some actual background for these characters will go a long way in selling their cause.

Top Bottom