• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The role of Abby has officially been cast for The Last of Us Season 2

Bartski

Gold Member
I don't know the actress, but I'm surprised by the choice, considering she's beautiful and videogame Abby well...is horrible looking.

HOW DARE YOU

Fu33OWZWwAM16gj.jpg

I don't know her work, but I hope she stays away from the internet for a few years. Unfortunately, there are too many crazy people with too much free time out there.

I remember the voice actor for Abby getting death threats. Which is already ridiculous since the actress has no control over the storyline. Then, there was this person who said they were going to kill her. After being exposed, they apologized, saying they were going through a rough time.

Thankfully, there were people in the comments saying that no, apologies aren't enough, especially when you can't separate fiction from real life.

cormack12

Gold Member
At least we will get answers on how easy it is for a woman to get shredded and ripped and how soon they can do it in

Hugare

She is a great actress, but shouldnt be Abby

Being buffed af is part of Abby's character. She is like that due to her obsession for killing Joel. That's storytelling through character design (that went way over some people's heads, it seems)

I'm sure she will nail the acting just fine. But some parts of the character will be missing.

How they will make her intimidating, only God knows.

And put me on the team that thinks she should have been Ellie. Bella was good, but she didnt nail Ellie's character, imo. Not only visually (obviously thats not on her), but through her acting.

Last edited:

ssringo

Alright. Abby got jacked in a post-apocalyptic world. Surely this actress can get jacked in modern society!

jk, i dont care but its funny looking in from the outside

VitoNotVito

This. It's a weird pick. Abby is like Bane. She should be a monstrous girl with a hidden soft side, like Lady Brienne from GoT.
I don't think you played the game... She isn't a "petite" person.
Also, I don't understand why big women cannot be soft inside. It's as stupid as saying all gay dudes like to wear pink clothes...

Last edited:

simpatico

Disaster casting. It would cost a lot of money and would be shot on a tight schedule, but Nikola Jokic was the clear and obvious choice for this.

Jayjayhd34

Trying to imagine.....

Cute Girl Golf GIF
Don't think it's gonna a happen in the tv series.if it did it would be got all over again.I have told quite a lot people who watch the show and have no idea about games and many said they would not continue watching.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
See? Even HBO knows you cant have uggos killing off your main characters. They needed to make her relatable and the easiest way to do that is by hiring an attractive girl. A lesson Insomniac forgot when they were designing MJ.

Topher

Gold Member
Don't think it's gonna a happen in the tv series.if it did it would be got all over again.I have told quite a lot people who watch the show and have no idea about games and many said they would not continue watching.

Probably because the TV show version of Ellie is hard to watch as it is. Take out the TV version of Joel and you've got one character very few want to see.

She can whack me anytime

The Last Of Us No GIF by PlayStation

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Great young actress. Terrible casting. They’re nothing physically alike. It reminds me of Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.

Pelta88

Probably because the TV show version of Ellie is hard to watch as it is.

This is only true on forums.

And I get it... The topic of TLOU "on gaming forums" attracts a lot of hate but this isn't the narrative beyond our discussion. Ellie, specifically the TV version, is celebrated among tv audiences.

Topher

Gold Member
Great young actress. Terrible casting. They’re nothing physically alike. It reminds me of Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.

Bad comparison. Abby ain't some 6'5" giant. She fits the role fine if she puts on some muscle. Would not be the first time an actor/actress has had to do that for a role.

This is only true on forums.

And I get it... The topic of TLOU "on gaming forums" attracts a lot of hate but this isn't the narrative beyond our discussion. Ellie, specifically the TV version, is celebrated among tv audiences.

Yeah...maybe. She doesn't fit the role to me and I'm a huge TLOU /TLOU2 fan. I guess fans of the show would could possibly feel the same way about the video game version of Ellie.

cormack12

Gold Member
She is a great actress, but shouldnt be Abby

Being buffed af is part of Abby's character. She is like that due to her obsession for killing Joel. That's storytelling through character design (that went way over some people's heads, it seems)

I'm sure she will nail the acting just fine. But some parts of the character will be missing.

How they will make her intimidating, only God knows.

And put me on the team that thinks she should have been Ellie. Bella was good, but she didnt nail Ellie's character, imo. Not only visually (obviously thats not on her), but through her acting.
She can still terrify

NYPICHPDPICT000061780432.jpg

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I know you love your hyperbole, but she ain't gotta have the exact same bicep measurements as Abby in the game my man.
Yeah, but the actress as is isn’t physically intimidating like Abby was to others. I’m sure the great actress can do the part. I just don’t think it will believable.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
i think sony has said it was the 2nd most watched show on HBO, probably after game of thrones.
Yes It averaged at 8.2, I think GOT average at about 13.6
but something like Two and Half Men averaged 14.8 throughout season 1-8 even when Charlie left it was at 13.6 and the lowest was 9.3 at the end of the series.
The original CSI average at 16.7.
The Sopranos 14.6
It did well but some are over exaggerating it.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, but the actress as is isn’t physically intimidating like Abby was to others. I’m sure the great actress can do the part. I just don’t think it will believable.

Could be they are changing things up a bit from the game. Not sure.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I am guessing they told Niel Drunkman to STFU about the woke shit? they don't even look close. Kaitlyn is decent-looking.
H I G H L Y doubt that. Never mind that Abby’s game model is as pretty if not prettier than Kaitlyn and Abby‘s face looks just like her.

Besides, not everything is about being “woke” and not every female character has to be “decent looking”.

I thought the actress was excellent in No One Will Save You. I'm sure she'll knock the role out of the park...

But I can't help but laugh at how different she is from Naughty Dog's vision of Abby in the game. I'm sure she'll reasonably bulk up for the part but she's not going to be a testosterone and HGH-fueled nightmare like in the game.

Top Bottom