• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The role of Abby has officially been cast for The Last of Us Season 2

Whitecrow

Banned
Tlou1 sold bazilions.
Tlou2 slept on shelves in comparison and almost literally.

Lets wait how people reacts to season 2.
All the people who watched s1 without knowing anything about tlou2 are in for a ride.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
1.8 mil for HotD? That's not right

What kind of viewership is this? List seems way off
Data is collected by Nielsen's
This is just an example of HBO shows in comparison, they not the numbers you're looking for 👍

Sacred

This is a great chance for Drunkman to really allow alot of creativity and rewriting from the source material and no one would mind. Also, Kaitlyn is a fantastic choice, she is a great actress.

Kabelly

I'm still in the opinion HBO has to make the hard blow to Joel in the very first episode or the very least the second. Thye're cowards otherwise. With Druckman being involved though I'm hoping that's the case.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Tlou1 sold bazilions.
Really? In the same timeframe, without a Remaster, Part II is ahead (and the latest figures are now 1.5 years old). So, how did you draw this conclusion?

Last edited:

iorek21

It is going to happen. Question is how long they're going to drag it out to keep Pedro and his fans watching the show. My bet would be until S2 finale with him recurring in flashbacks in S3.
Might end up being the reverse case of La Casa de Papel killing Berlin too early and then regreting it and putting countless flashbacks afterwards.

cormack12

Gold Member
The problem is Neil went out on a limb specifically for the character design

And now based on casting it's like 'No I have to cast this serious I can't just dick about to trigger people like I did in the game'. He's put himself in a very awkward, hypocritical position.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't think they do the TLoU 2 opening this season, they're probably gonna expand Abby's backstory and *maybe* do that at the end of the season.

The main problem with the show doing that is that
if they take out, or diminish Pascal's role, who the fuck is gonna want to watch this version of Ellie.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
big girl gym GIF
I accidentally clicked this thread, was not disappointed lol

ProtoByte

The problem is Neil went out on a limb specifically for the character design

And now based on casting it's like 'No I have to cast this serious I can't just dick about to trigger people like I did in the game'. He's put himself in a very awkward, hypocritical position.

Ya. They'll a different take on Abby. They probably realized hiring a jacked up gym rat actress going toe to toe with Bella Ramsay in a fist fight in a TV adaption would look silly.
Abby being extremely athletic and nimble probably would've been the better concept.

Dorohedoro

Short, petite Abby ain't it. Shannon Berry was right there bro, smh.

I know people were really turned off by the unrealistic arms but I found Abby's face very attractive
They weren't even unrealistic when you take into account that massive gym and all the food that was there to help her get that big.

Abby being extremely athletic and nimble probably would've been the better concept.
So just a reskinned Ellie? No thanks. Too bad it's looking like that's exactly what the show is gonna do but at least they gave us something different for the game.

Last edited:
Tlou1 sold bazilions.

Lets wait how people reacts to season 2.
All the people who watched s1 without knowing anything about tlou2 are in for a ride.
The viewers are not nearly as attached to TV Joel as VG Joel. Joel, in the show, is a lot more realistic as a character who lost everything. He is borderline detached from reality and suffers from PTSD. His death will be just as much a blessing as tragic. It was a good direction change for the show

geary

They were never going to find ANYONE with that phsyique because outside of professional body builders, those women dont exist. They turned her into a cartoon character in the game. Here is she going to be an average girl who trains hard and gets somewhat fit but not into Barry fucking Bonds.
Florence Pugh would have been a better choice.

DanielG165

Incredible actress who was able to single handily carry an entire film by herself without uttering a single word for like, 99% of the runtime. I have no doubt she’ll do a great job here.

That said, unfortunately there are a bunch of toxic and loony people in the video game community, people that will sling every kind of heinous behavior towards Kaitlyn Dever. I’m sure she knows how to handle herself well enough, but the amount of disdain that some people will have simply because of the role she’s taking on will be quite high, unfortunately. I’m rooting for her 100% though!

Last edited:

taizuke

I'm sold on her as a younger Abby. Not so much regular Abby.

If season 2 and 3 were based on the 5 years between the two games, not only could the show focus on Joel and Ellie and their life in Jackson, it could show us a younger Abby which would be perfect for Kaitlyn. In addition, this would give her time to bulk up a little bit and grow into her character.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Cool pick, can't wait to see how they'll adapt 2 and whether they'll address the lack of action sequences complaint.

xBlueStonex

Hilarious that the casting department didn't target a female bodybuilder for the role, given the source material. They probably realized rather quickly - as many of us did when playing TLOU2 - how ridiculous and unbelievable it would look. Looks like us 'bigots' were proven right in the end.

Iced Arcade

Hilarious that the casting department didn't target a female bodybuilder for the role, given the source material. They probably realized rather quickly - as many of us did when playing TLOU2 - how ridiculous and unbelievable it would look. Looks like us 'bigots' were proven right in the end.
Or they looked for an actor to act instead of a bodybuilder lol

Glad the TV series isn't afraid to cast a hot woman, unlike everything ND puts in their games these days....

I hope they completely disregard the whole bodybuilding looking like a man shit....

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I'm still in the opinion HBO has to make the hard blow to Joel in the very first episode or the very least the second. Thye're cowards otherwise. With Druckman being involved though I'm hoping that's the case.
I think it's gonna be an ep 3 or 4 incident.

I think all the flashback sequences might playout sequentially, with the show literally starting from abbys POV of the last ep of the first season then mid season hit you with the gut wrencher.

At least that's how I'd do it

GymWolf

Good actress but not for the role of abby, she better start eating burritos asap.

Can't wait to see jet li as Lev.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Haven't played TLOU 2 yet, but I know the twist and how polarising reputation Abby's character has among community. I honestly wish all of the best for the actress. It's gonna be a very difficult role for her, that's for sure

Top Bottom