• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Worldwide Livestream [*Over*]

Speaking of which, what was the glimpse of next gen ?
Bullcrap ?

The footage you saw was all next-gen.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Persona86

Banned
Looks like the English Tomb Raider Actress has picked up some American accent after living there, she sounds like the Osbournes.

sounds like I made the right call last night by not staying up. just one thing though, disappointed there's no summary of reveals in the opening post.

BlazinAm

that's the one i was looking for, i knew there was something specific like that...yeah that didn't pan out either

Maybe that was suppose to be Dark Souls 2 but hey the way people are freaking out over that The Phantom Pain stuff, that could the returning franchise stuff that Geoff was talking about; Old school Metal Gear motif.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Seems like Yosp was just being nice. And no vita mention. Seems like a bad place to drop a vita announcement. Needs a place like gamescom where they can have multiple reveals.

I just don't think Yoshida could parse that dude's shitty grammar and said "yes" hoping it was the right thing to say.

I get being mad at him for the hype-man stuff but why is he a piece of shit?

Are you kidding me? He is literally everything that is wrong with this industry. He is the definition of a journalist who gets paid to say things and avoids the facts that matter. Once people start realizing how pathetic he really is and how awful he is for our industry we can start advancing the video game journalism industry. I cannot stand Geoff and everything he talks to.

DJ88

The producer did straight up lie, not a misunderstanding, just a flat out lie. Here is the quote:

"Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of. That is the equivalent. You will be on a rip-roaring, two-hour ride of television."

The equivalent of announcing 5 movies no one has ever heard of is obviously 5 new games no one has ever heard of, which of course did not happen.

red731

I just watched the Game of the Decade part on GT and say what?
If I start to hear THAT sound from HalfLife2 I would YEAH! one second into it.
The people there are there just for the sake of celebrities, only gamers are just the devs I guess.

BlazinAm

I just don't think Yoshida could parse that dude's shitty grammar and said "yes" hoping it was the right thing to say.

Yeah, your probably right.

Are you kidding me? He is literally everything that is wrong with this industry. He is the definition of a journalist who gets paid to say things and avoids the facts that matter. Once people start realizing how pathetic he really is and how awful he is for our industry we can start advancing the video game journalism industry. I cannot stand Geoff and everything he talks to.

Pinning everything that is wrong with the industry on him is pretty crazy.

He had built a product that is dependent on marketing money to stay viable, yes. About your notion that he avoids facts on the matter he honestly barely covers products with any depth. I think he is the wrong person to pine for in deep coverage on any video game topic.

As for something I mentioned before while Geoff did not not promise five unannounced game reveals, VGA's executive producer Mark Burnett did.The quote "Imagine if the Academy Awards was on and they announced five movies that no one has ever heard of. That is the equivalent."

EDIT: beaten and probably several times in this thread.

Honestly with the way video game marketing and PR cycles work I am not surprised that someone would make fuck up of a statement like that. I forgot that Castlevania was announced earlier this year. I guess he was counting the DLC announcements as games too. Also with the way in which leaks and rumors come about, to announce a game with nobody have any prior knowledge is pretty damn impressive referring to The Phantom Pain.

nib95

Banned

The fuck is wrong with you dude? He's doing his damn job, and yea, part of that entails the marketing or promoting of shows, games etc. He also seems like a nice enough fella to boot.

Posts like this are fucking ridiculous.

The fuck is wrong with you dude? He's doing his damn job, and yea, part of that entails the marketing or promoting of shows, games etc. He also seems like a nice enough fella to boot.

Post like this are fucking ridiculous.

You give credit to someone who is the pocket of half of the industry? What journalist can possibly be given respect for this in any other industry? It literally blows my mind that people give him respect for doing what he does. He is the worst.

BlazinAm

Feeling dumb now, huh?

Sometimes it can be hard for people to tell. One we get proper clarifications about releases and background info, everyone will have a better understanding.

Everything look current gen to me btw. Dark Souls 2.... seems like a reactionary announcement to hype and praise that game got

Angry Fork

I don't understand why Walking Dead is so hyped here, aren't tell tale games just interactive cut scenes? I've watched 'gameplay' and have never seen you able to control a character. Can someone explain the appeal to me.

GavinGT

Banned
I don't understand why Walking Dead is so hyped here, aren't tell tale games just interactive cut scenes? I've watched 'gameplay' and have never seen you able to control a character. Can someone explain the appeal to me.

Have you played adventure games before? It's a pretty simplified one, but there's still gameplay. Still, the story and the choices you make are why it's worth playing.

Man, watching the VGA's was totally worth it! Dishonored, Journey, and The Walking Dead all won awards! Goes to show that the gaming industry encourages and praises creativity over cookie cutter dude bro games.

Samuel L Jackson was a really good host. The jokes were hilarious from him and the other presenters. There were not many cringe worthy moments. The Last of Us and the Phantom Pain trailers were good. Half Life 2 won game of the decade, well worth it! We got to see Kojima and Gaben! Over all, they announced Dark Souls II!!!! I wasn't expecting that!

Why hasn't the OP been updated? Which were the five unannounced games? I woke up half an hour ago and this place is dead. All I see is another Dark Souls and there are new videos for games already revealed. Was the VGA that terrible and was there really no other surprise worth updating the OP for? That's sad, I was expecting more :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
2011 - what's with all the reveals? This is an awards show, let's see some awards not adverts for games.

2012 - where are all the reveals? Man this sucks.

Persona86

Banned
Why hasn't the OP been updated? Which were the five unannounced games? I woke up half an hour ago and this place is dead. All I see is another Dark Souls and there are new videos for games already revealed. Was the VGA that terrible and was there really no other surprise worth updating the OP for? That's sad, I was expecting more :/

Don't forget the metal gear type game.

nib95

Banned
You give credit to someone who is the pocket of half of the industry? What journalist can possibly be given respect for this in any other industry? It literally blows my mind that people give him respect for doing what he does. He is the worst.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't think Geoff is one of those types of cats you want to go to when you want hard truths or facts. He's as much of a presenter or on screen personality as he is a gaming journalist.

What did you honestly expect, him to turn around and stay silent on the VGA's? Or tell you there's nothing exciting being revealed or shown so don't bother? Your reactions are as excessive as those who get in a huff when PR people from Microsoft or Sony or whatever say outlandish stuff to dress their products up to be prettier than they actually are.

BlazinAm

You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't think Geoff is one of those types of cats you want to go to when you want hard truths or facts. He's as much of a presenter or on screen personality as he is a gaming journalist.

What did you honestly expect, him to turn around and stay silent on the VGA's? Or tell you there's nothing exciting being revealed or shown so don't bother? Your reactions are as excessive as those who get in a huff when PR people from Microsoft or Sony or whatever say outlandish stuff to dress their products up to be prettier than they actually are.

Jesus Gametrailers have the worst video player ever.
It's super broken chrome but in waterfox it's performs fine.

Top Bottom